Price Increase For Out Of Contract Customers - Continued

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
d5.lam

Re: Price Increase For Out Of Contract Customers - Continued

Post by d5.lam » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:31 pm

When will the option to port VOIP back to PSTN be in the OCV200 forms. Is it more efficient to wait for this to be added to the ordering form from members section or do I activate the plan and email PaulP etc.

As i wanted it done in one go which should be more efficient for all ends.

Let me know.

Thanks

zencloud

Post by zencloud » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:34 pm

So I sign up to OCV200 and get a new PSTN number, if I don't port my VOIP number back to PSTN soon after will it complicate or eliminate the ability to port in the future? Will I still be able to port at any time by contacting provisioning and will it cost any more than if I do it now?

Affinity

Post by Affinity » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:05 pm

zencloud wrote:So I sign up to OCV200 and get a new PSTN number, if I don't port my VOIP number back to PSTN soon after will it complicate or eliminate the ability to port in the future? Will I still be able to port at any time by contacting provisioning and will it cost any more than if I do it now?
Some numbers are portable, other numbers are not. The Exetel VoIP numbers that were not originally ported from a PSTN are not portable. All original (in theory) PSTN numbers are portable and will probably always remain so unless something changes drastically.

itsgarry

Post by itsgarry » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:49 pm

I am currently on a TE-M plan, and under user facilities for changing plans I see some Telstra ADSL1 and ADSL2 plans. I assume that they are the only ones available on my exchange.

I notice that there are PAYU plans for 256kb/s, 1500kb/s and ADSL2, but not for 8192kb/s. Is PAYU planned for 8192kb/s?

I don't go anywhere near the 20GB peak/120GB off peak of my current plan, so would be better off moving to PAYU.

Thanks,
Garry.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:14 am

d5.lam wrote:When will the option to port VOIP back to PSTN be in the OCV200 forms. Is it more efficient to wait for this to be added to the ordering form from members section or do I activate the plan and email PaulP etc.

Let me know.

Thanks
You can try emailing residentialsales@exetel.com.au directly to get this all activated in one go.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:43 am

d5.lam wrote:When will the option to port VOIP back to PSTN be in the OCV200 forms. Is it more efficient to wait for this to be added to the ordering form from members section or do I activate the plan and email PaulP etc.

Let me know.

Thanks
We are aiming to have this up end of this week

ammartq

Post by ammartq » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:39 pm

vbap wrote:
ammartq wrote: Thanks again. If I bundle mobile cap plan with this, will the mobile plan be in 12-month contract too?
On its own, mobile cap plans are no-contract plans.
If you bundle (eg OCV200/19), it will be in 12 month contract for effectively $10/month, but the SIM fee ($20) is waived.
If you take up a CAP19 on its own, it will not be in contract, cost effectively $9/month, but you pay $20 SIM fee,
Hi, did you mean to say if I take CAP19 (the second line in your response), cost effectively will be $19/month ?

ammartq

Post by ammartq » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:46 pm

Please ignore my last post on this topic.
Thanks.

Affinity

Post by Affinity » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:47 pm

ammartq wrote:
vbap wrote:If you bundle (eg OCV200/19), it will be in 12 month contract for effectively $10/month, but the SIM fee ($20) is waived.
If you take up a CAP19 on its own, it will not be in contract, cost effectively $9/month, but you pay $20 SIM fee,
Hi, did you mean to say if I take CAP19 (the second line in your response), cost effectively will be $19/month ?
No, it costs $19, but there is a $10 credit to the ADSL service, so effectively it is a $9 per month cost to add CAP19.

cheesyfungus

Post by cheesyfungus » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:02 pm

ammartq wrote:

vbap wrote:If you bundle (eg OCV200/19), it will be in 12 month contract for effectively $10/month, but the SIM fee ($20) is waived.

No, it costs $19, but there is a $10 credit to the ADSL service, so effectively it is a $9 per month cost to add CAP19.
ammartq wrote:
Just to clarify, Affinity, you are saying my existing CAP19 $10 discount to my ADSL will carry over? So it's effectively $1 cheaper to have a separate no contract CAP19 plan with the OCV200 option, rather than the OCV200/19 and being locked into a 12mth contract on the mobile?

QPR_FC

Post by QPR_FC » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:03 pm

May I just clarify that under the new OCV 200 plan, the free calls to Optus Mobile and Optus Resellers will include calls made to Virgin Mobile customers who actually use the Optus Network and are thereby classified as a 'Reseller'?

Affinity

Post by Affinity » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:07 pm

cheesyfungus wrote: Just to clarify, Affinity, you are saying my existing CAP19 $10 discount to my ADSL will carry over? So it's effectively $1 cheaper to have a separate no contract CAP19 plan with the OCV200 option, rather than the OCV200/19 and being locked into a 12mth contract on the mobile?
If you get the CAP19 plan separately, there is a $20 SIM activation fee, so effectively it would take 20 months to make up that $1 difference. However, you won't be in contract for 12 months .... so there is a little difference.
Last edited by Affinity on Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Affinity

Post by Affinity » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:08 pm

QPR_FC wrote:May I just clarify that under the new OCV 200 plan, the free calls to Optus Mobile and Optus Resellers will include calls made to Virgin Mobile customers who actually use the Optus Network and are thereby classified as a 'Reseller'?
This has been clarified, time and time again.

ALL calls to ANY provider using the OPTUS network are included -- subject to AUP, don't go silly and all will be fine.

vbap

Post by vbap » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:08 pm

QPR_FC wrote:May I just clarify that under the new OCV 200 plan, the free calls to Optus Mobile and Optus Resellers will include calls made to Virgin Mobile customers who actually use the Optus Network and are thereby classified as a 'Reseller'?
yes

cheesyfungus

Post by cheesyfungus » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:36 pm

Affinity, thanks for the clarification. I only just signed up for the CAP19 at xmas and have already paid the $20 sim fee, so I may as well stick with it and take the OCV200 plan on it's own. Bit annoying as I could have saved myself $20 if I'd known the new plans were coming just over a week later :(