Price Increase For Out Of Contract Customers - Continued

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
vbap

Re: Price Increase For Out Of Contract Customers - Continued

Post by vbap » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:48 pm

cheesyfungus wrote:Affinity, thanks for the clarification. I only just signed up for the CAP19 at xmas and have already paid the $20 sim fee, so I may as well stick with it and take the OCV200 plan on it's own. Bit annoying as I could have saved myself $20 if I'd known the new plans were coming just over a week later :(
Don't feel too bad - as pointed out, the combined OCV200/19 costs $1 per month more than a separate OCV200 + CAP19. So, theoretically, you could have 'saved' $8, not $20 ! (assuming you keep your CAP19 for 12 months).

cheesyfungus

Post by cheesyfungus » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:18 pm

Thanks for replies guys...yeah I'm definitely not complaining, it's no drama and the charges involved are peanuts in the grand scheme of things...one night at the pub will do far more damage to my budget than a few bucks a month for my internet :D The only disappointing thing has been trying to get these answers from Exetel themselves...contacted them a couple of times over a week or so and have got nada. After a couple of posts here my questions were answered leaving me a happy camper.

wood888

Post by wood888 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:50 pm

Can an Exetel forum admin answer this question as ever time it gets asked it just gets ignored.

There was mention of the same sort of plan but instead of the 200GB download there was a 10Gb limit, and this was priced at $50.

Is this plan still going to go through for the current users, as Im sure a lot of low end users would prefer this.
As most low end users would be on $40 a month or lower and this new plan would be an increase of $20 or more.

But im sure could justify the charge increase to $10 more if there was a $50 plan with the same plan conditions as the 200GB plan (besides the download limit).

Thanks

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:57 pm

wood888 wrote:Can an Exetel forum admin answer this question as ever time it gets asked it just gets ignored.

There was mention of the same sort of plan but instead of the 200GB download there was a 10Gb limit, and this was priced at $50.

Is this plan still going to go through for the current users, as Im sure a lot of low end users would prefer this.
As most low end users would be on $40 a month or lower and this new plan would be an increase of $20 or more.

But im sure could justify the charge increase to $10 more if there was a $50 plan with the same plan conditions as the 200GB plan (besides the download limit).

Thanks
I think you might find that the PAYU plans have been added to allow for the low end users, any other offer that was suggested I think was pending Optus agreeing to support it so it wasn't a sure thing

simonb69

Post by simonb69 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:16 pm

Is the plan change fee waived only when changing from ONB to OCV or can I change to an OT plan without paying the fee?

I have decided I want to move on to the OT30 plan which gives me about the same download quota I had for a minimal increase of $2.

Thanks,
Simon

wood888

Post by wood888 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:19 pm

jokiin wrote:
I think you might find that the PAYU plans have been added to allow for the low end users, any other offer that was suggested I think was pending Optus agreeing to support it so it wasn't a sure thing
But the PAYU isnt the same as the OCV-200 as it doesnt include the free local and national calls, which say most people make $5 of calls and say 10GB of data.
It makes the PAYU $45+10+5 which would only be $5 cheaper, unless somewhere if your a current customer you get the free calls with the PAYU plan?

Cheers

Spectator

Post by Spectator » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:31 pm

jokiin wrote: I think you might find that the PAYU plans have been added to allow for the low end users, any other offer that was suggested I think was pending Optus agreeing to support it so it wasn't a sure thing
Possibly, would be good to have it confirmed from Forum Admin or other staff member though. As most on naked are probably using voip or mobiles for calls, it is probably the waiver of the fee to reconnect the pstn part of the line that is the selling factor of a $50 OCV plan over OT plans for many lower users rather than the free calls. I don't think that fee waiver is available for OT plans.

itsgarry

Post by itsgarry » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:11 pm

itsgarry wrote:
I notice that there are PAYU plans for 256kb/s, 1500kb/s and ADSL2, but not for 8192kb/s.
Is PAYU planned for 8192kb/s?
Does ForumAdmin have a possible answer to this question please?

Thanks,
Garry.

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:18 pm

wood888 wrote:
jokiin wrote:
But the PAYU isnt the same as the OCV-200 as it doesnt include the free local and national calls, which say most people make $5 of calls and say 10GB of data.
It makes the PAYU $45+10+5 which would only be $5 cheaper, unless somewhere if your a current customer you get the free calls with the PAYU plan?

Cheers
no it's only the higher spend plans that get the free calls, this would be how Optus have structured the deal

d5.lam

Post by d5.lam » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:23 pm

CoreyPlover wrote:
d5.lam wrote:When will the option to port VOIP back to PSTN be in the OCV200 forms. Is it more efficient to wait for this to be added to the ordering form from members section or do I activate the plan and email PaulP etc.

As i wanted it done in one go which should be more efficient for all ends.

Let me know.

Thanks
You can try emailing residentialsales@exetel.com.au directly to get this all activated in one go.
Thanks corey, Paul

I will wait a little longer for this otherwise will email residentialsales. cheers

aweiss

Post by aweiss » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:23 am

have 2 questions:
1. The plan costs $60. Is there again the $3 Account fee to be paid ...
2. I have naked plan at the moment and my phone line was connected to Telstra before I signed up with Exetel. When I get the new homephone will that be enabled at the same telephone outlet or is there the possibility that it will be enabled at a different outlet. (my house has two telephone outlets (crazy)... one was installed by Telstra (which I use now) and one by Optus (which is inactive).

Thanks ...

Cheers,
Andreas

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:33 am

aweiss wrote:
I have 2 questions:
1. The plan costs $60. Is there again the $3 Account fee to be paid ...
2. I have naked plan at the moment and my phone line was connected to Telstra before I signed up with Exetel. When I get the new homephone will that be enabled at the same telephone outlet or is there the possibility that it will be enabled at a different outlet. (my house has two telephone outlets (crazy)... one was installed by Telstra (which I use now) and one by Optus (which is inactive).

Thanks ...

Cheers,
Andreas
1. no admin fees on the new account
2. nothing changes on your end, whatever plug you're using now you will continue to use, the only thing that will change is your phone line will become active again and if you have a phone connected you will need a line filter installed

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:34 am

aweiss wrote:My needs don't change that quickly as the plan conditions change. I am now 2.5 years with Exetel and can't count the plan changes anymore. When EXETEL wants us to sign for a contract period they should keep their contracts more stable ... you never know what will happen next week.
If you desire stability, you can just enter a 12 month contract, then it doesn't matter what happens to other plans; yours will continue unaffected and unchanged for the remainder of the contract.
aweiss wrote:1. The plan costs $60. Is there again the $3 Account fee to be paid ...
No. The $3 admin applies only to old plans from about 6-12 months ago
aweiss wrote:2. I have naked plan at the moment and my phone line was connected to Telstra before I signed up with Exetel. When I get the new homephone will that be enabled at the same telephone outlet or is there the possibility that it will be enabled at a different outlet. (my house has two telephone outlets (crazy)... one was installed by Telstra (which I use now) and one by Optus (which is inactive).
Same outlet as is active now, will stay active. In fact, even though you are on a Naked plan, if you connect a handset to that outlet you will hear a "fast busy" tone. Once you change plans and get a new homephone, that fast busy signal becomes a regular, usable dial tone. You can also engage an electrician to reconnect the other outlet if you would like both to be active.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

josem

Post by josem » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:38 am

I am one of the "Out of contract customers" on old Z/20NOTEL Naked ADSL plan being offered to move to the new Optus plan OCV200. My question is will I still be able to continue the current "Add On" Bonus Packs like VP4 - 50 minutes of VOIP Mobile calls for $5.00 per month to the new OCV200 plan ?

aweiss

Post by aweiss » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:01 am

Thanks jokiin and CoreyPlover for the quick reply :-).

"yours will continue unaffected and unchanged for the remainder of the contract."
Hehe ... sorry don't trust Exetel here anymore ... they changed too often even when I was in contract (best example is the account fee or on the positive side a volume increase in my plan).

So it is "only" $7 more (53 old plan and now 60 for the OVC200 :-) ... still 13% more (good value for people who want the download volume or homephone).
I will swap plans and hope you are right that my outlet stays active. I hope that I can keep this plan now for a little while now ...

Thanks.
Andreas