Price Increase For Out Of Contract Customers - Continued

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Price Increase For Out Of Contract Customers - Continued

Post by CoreyPlover » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:24 am

[quote="aweiss"]"yours will continue unaffected and unchanged for the remainder of the contract."
Hehe ... sorry don't trust Exetel here anymore ... they changed too often even when I was in contract (best example is the account fee or on the positive side a volume increase in my plan). [quote]Yeah, the $3 levy is an exception to the rule, but in that case Exetel allowed you to exit your contract without a termination fee. The frequency of plan changes recently has been quite high, but many people are still on plans that are over 12 months old now (NF plans for instance are still common, I'm on an out of contract BYO LINE plans for instance) So even though new plans change quite frequently, Exetel honours the old ones, and if they don't then the exit fee is waived.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:56 am

Hi,

1. The plan costs $60. Is there again the $3 Account fee to be paid ...
2. I have naked plan at the moment and my phone line was connected to Telstra before I signed up with Exetel. When I get the new homephone will that be enabled at the same telephone outlet or is there the possibility that it will be enabled at a different outlet. (my house has two telephone outlets (crazy)... one was installed by Telstra (which I use now) and one by Optus (which is inactive).
1 - No.

2 - We can port same number and it can use the same outlet (same copper path here)

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:57 am

I am one of the "Out of contract customers" on old Z/20NOTEL Naked ADSL plan being offered to move to the new Optus plan OCV200. My question is will I still be able to continue the current "Add On" Bonus Packs like VP4 - 50 minutes of VOIP Mobile calls for $5.00 per month to the new OCV200 plan ?

I believe this will go.

slave1

Post by slave1 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:30 pm

If I ported my vodafone mobile number to the OCV-200/35 plan, will this number remain active (with Vodafone) until I receive & activate the SIM provided by Exetel? Apologies if answered already, there is quite a bit of content in these threads!

Thanks in advance.

JJDisco

Post by JJDisco » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:59 pm

Last month I paid $40 to change my plan to a slightly cheaper one that would still meet my needs. 4 days later I get an email saying that I am being forced to change my plan. Is Exetel telling me that for those 4 days they had no idea that the plans were about to be changed, and that me changing would do nothing more than line pockets. I'm quite pissed off about this. I feel seriously rorted by Exetel especially since I've been with them since April 2004. I would expect a refund of that wasted $40 especially since I am being forced into a much more expensive plan that offers far more than I could ever possibly legally use.
Last edited by JJDisco on Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Affinity

Post by Affinity » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:23 pm

JJDisco wrote:Last month I paid $40 to change my plan to a slightly cheaper one that would still meet my needs. 4 days later I get an email saying that I am being forced to change my plan. Is Exetel telling me that for those 4 days they had no idea that the plans were about to be changed, and that me changing would do nothing more than line pockets. I'm quite pissed off about this. I feel seriously rorted by Exetel especially since I've been with them since Feb 2007. I would expect a refund of that wasted $40 especially since I am being forced into a much more expensive plan that offers far more than I could ever possibly legally use.
If you enter into a new 12 month contract, then Exetel has committed to refunding the $40 plan change in such circumstances -- I think it even goes back to October [it might not be quite that long].

jelson

Post by jelson » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:06 pm

by Col on Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:04 pm

A-PAYU is $25/mth + $2/GB. I would hope Exetel would fuse the periods together so that 200MB in one period and 200MB in the other doesn't equate to $4, but instead $2. Perhaps the same for the other PAYU plans, where 200MB+200MB would only cost $1 instead of $2.
Hi there,

As I am a lite user & have been with exetel since 2005, I would like to know the answer to Col's question.
Can someone please confirm how the A-PAYU $25 will be calculated as per above example?

1. Will the peak 200MB and off-peak 200MB usages be "added together first" before multiplying it against $2? ie: => $2
OR
2. Will the peak 200MB =$2 and off-peak 200MB =$2 making the total usage=> $4

Your answer will be the determining factor if I should stay/go as I do not want any hidden surprises later if I were to enter into a new plan.

Thanks in advance.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:50 am

jelson wrote:It simply doesn't make sense. For example, if a person opened up a browser & used 1MB Peak and 1Mb Off Peak the charge will be $4.

Can Exetel reconsider this?
If you wish to lodge this as a suggestion, use the "Suggestions box" in your member facilities.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

itsgarry

Post by itsgarry » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:02 am

itsgarry wrote:
itsgarry wrote:
I notice that there are PAYU plans for 256kb/s, 1500kb/s and ADSL2, but not for 8192kb/s.
Is PAYU planned for 8192kb/s?
Does ForumAdmin have a possible answer to this question please?

Thanks,
Garry.
Third time I am asking this question. Is PAYU planned for 8192kb/s?

--Garry

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:41 am

jelson wrote:
by jokiin on Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:16 pm

jelson wrote:
by Col on Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:04 pm

A-PAYU is $25/mth + $2/GB. I would hope Exetel would fuse the periods together so that 200MB in one period and 200MB in the other doesn't equate to $4, but instead $2. Perhaps the same for the other PAYU plans, where 200MB+200MB would only cost $1 instead of $2.

Hi there,

As I am a lite user & have been with exetel since 2005, I would like to know the answer to Col's question.
Can someone please confirm how the A-PAYU $25 will be calculated as per above example?

1. Will the peak 200MB and off-peak 200MB usages be "added together first" before multiplying it against $2? ie: => $2
OR
2. Will the peak 200MB =$2 and off-peak 200MB =$2 making the total usage=> $4

Your answer will be the determining factor if I should stay/go as I do not want any hidden surprises later if I were to enter into a new plan.

Thanks in advance.

it has been answered already that the periods are independent, not added, reason being at a later stage they may rework the prices when any supplier discount etc applies which for example could push the price down for off peak, also not sure which plan you're referring to as I can only find PAYU plans at $1 per gb, not $2 so not sure which that is
Click Manage services-> Change Plan
A-PAYU Monthly Access Charge $25 Peak=$2/Gb and Off peak = $2/Gb
is a pay as you go ADSL2 (No Telephone) plan

It simply doesn't make sense. For example, if a person opened up a browser & used 1MB Peak and 1Mb Off Peak the charge will be $4.

Can Exetel reconsider this?
There will be one charge for the combined usage periods.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:43 am

itsgarry wrote:
itsgarry wrote:
itsgarry wrote:
I notice that there are PAYU plans for 256kb/s, 1500kb/s and ADSL2, but not for 8192kb/s.
Is PAYU planned for 8192kb/s?
Does ForumAdmin have a possible answer to this question please?

Thanks,
Garry.
Third time I am asking this question. Is PAYU planned for 8192kb/s?

--Garry
Yes....it should be on the web site this morning.

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:27 am

If I ported my vodafone mobile number to the OCV-200/35 plan, will this number remain active (with Vodafone) until I receive & activate the SIM provided by Exetel? Apologies if answered already, there is quite a bit of content in these threads!
Yes that it is correct. Until you either go to your user facilities to activate or call up, it will remain on the vodaphone network until such time as you wish to commence port.

Affinity

Post by Affinity » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:59 am

May I suggest to Exetel that with the PAYU plans, that they offer 100MB data for each period before the charge applies to data? 100MB isn't much, but any use above 100MB will definitely mean the user is getting something for their data costs.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:12 pm

Some small changes have been made to the new plans that increase some plan's download allowances and reduce some plan's costs....as well as adding an ADSL1 8000 payu plan.

Also ADSL2 OT plans with free telephone calls have been added.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:14 pm

Affinity wrote:May I suggest to Exetel that with the PAYU plans, that they offer 100MB data for each period before the charge applies to data? 100MB isn't much, but any use above 100MB will definitely mean the user is getting something for their data costs.
It's not possible to this now....I don't quite see what purpose would be served by doing it in the future?