Price Increase For Out Of Contract Customers - Continued

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
simonb69

Re: Price Increase For Out Of Contract Customers - Continued

Post by simonb69 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:57 pm

How much is it going to cost me to shift from my out of contract ONB plan to one of the OT plans?

$60??

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:47 pm

simonb69 wrote:How much is it going to cost me to shift from my out of contract ONB plan to one of the OT plans?

$60??
Zero on a new contract.

Go to the User Facilities and look at the plan change options.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:51 pm

michaelw wrote:paulp, It's the end of the week and I'm wondering how we go with letting exetel know we want our voip number ported across as our new pstn number (since it was ported to voip from pstn in the first place).

I've already completed the plan change form and am keen to keep my number in the change over.
I doubt that Paul will respond until Monday.

slave1

Post by slave1 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:16 pm

paulp wrote:
If I ported my vodafone mobile number to the OCV-200/35 plan, will this number remain active (with Vodafone) until I receive & activate the SIM provided by Exetel? Apologies if answered already, there is quite a bit of content in these threads!
Yes that it is correct. Until you either go to your user facilities to activate or call up, it will remain on the vodaphone network until such time as you wish to commence port.
Cheers Paul

peter_mcc

Changing plans when on contract

Post by peter_mcc » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:40 pm

hi
If I sign up to OF60 on a 12 month contract can I change to OT30 later on? Or am I locked into the OF60 plan for the 12months?
peter

ForumAdmin

Re: Changing plans when on contract

Post by ForumAdmin » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:51 am

peter_mcc wrote:hi
If I sign up to OF60 on a 12 month contract can I change to OT30 later on? Or am I locked into the OF60 plan for the 12months?
peter
As with all Exetel plans you can change at any time within the same carrier service so any Optus based plan can be changed to.

peter_mcc

Post by peter_mcc » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:05 am

This and four other posts have been deleted because they are off topic.

Thank you for raising the issue - we'll attend to it.

plasmapuff

Post by plasmapuff » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:49 pm

Any update as to when the members facilities online will have a feature where we can port our existing VOIP number (mine was originally ported from PSTN) back to the PSTN line under the $60 OCV200 plan?

Or is there some otherway to do it?

cheers :)

coref1

Post by coref1 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:19 pm

plasmapuff wrote:Any update as to when the members facilities online will have a feature where we can port our existing VOIP number (mine was originally ported from PSTN) back to the PSTN line under the $60 OCV200 plan?

Or is there some otherway to do it?

cheers :)

I requested the plan change through the Members facilities then sent a separate email to Exetel Provisioning Team [provisioning@exetel.com.au] requesting my number be ported. I've already got a reply advising my request will be done within 5 bus days from last Thursday.

rbaggio

Post by rbaggio » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:35 pm

Long time exetel customer. I'm curently on the NF/23BYOLINE plan. I got the email that I need to make a new plan decision before the end of the month or change ISP.

So I'm looking at the A30 plan.

Can someone please tell me, does this A30 plan have shaping? (and if so, what speed?) Or once I hit 30GB in peak, do I get stung with excess fees?

Thanks.

PS. Initially I thought this would be a good opportunity to switch my phone over to Exetel as well, and have it all bundled.

All I can say is, WAY TOO HARD. 3 weeks of downtime! Here's the reply I got from sales:

-----
Kindly note that its not possible to simply change plans from NF/23BYOLINE plan to OT30 plan as these 2 plans are offered via 2 different infrastructures.

To change from your current BYO Line Service to one of the Bundled ADSL2 plans, please follow the process outlined below:

1. It is required that you first terminate your current ADSL2+ service, leaving your telephone line active. This is necessary as the two plans are via two different suppliers and hence are on two different infrastructures.

2. Once you place the cancellation request, it takes around 5-7 working days to remove ADSL codes from the line.

2. Once the internet service has been completely deactivated you may apply for one of the Bundled ADSL2 plans online via:
https://www.exetel.com.au/adsl2_full_bu ... code=SL008

3. A new 12 month contract applies.

4. Please visit http://www.exetel.com.au/a_plan_pricing_adsl2_nf.php, for associated costs.

Kindly note that Exetel has done a pre-service qualification check based on your number (0733542594) & it indicates that you may be serviceable for a Bundled ADSL service currently.

However, we cannot guarantee this, so if or when you decide to lodge an application for the service, we will await the formal service provisioning processes to take it's course, as in some cases, their may be some technical reasons why an application is rejected & also we are unable to guarantee the availability of free ports at the time of the application as ports are first come first serve basis. In order to process the application, it takes around 8-10 working days, hence the total downtime will be around 3 weeks.
-----

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:02 pm

rbaggio wrote:Long time exetel customer. I'm curently on the NF/23BYOLINE plan. I got the email that I need to make a new plan decision before the end of the month or change ISP.

Can someone please tell me, does this A30 plan have shaping? (and if so, what speed?) Or once I hit 30GB in peak, do I get stung with excess fees?
Once you reach 30 gb of downloads you would be charged $1.00 per gb excess.

rbaggio

Post by rbaggio » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:13 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:
rbaggio wrote:Long time exetel customer. I'm curently on the NF/23BYOLINE plan. I got the email that I need to make a new plan decision before the end of the month or change ISP.

Hmm, ok thanks. I'm disappointed there is no shaping option.

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:35 pm

rbaggio wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:

Hmm, ok thanks. I'm disappointed there is no shaping option.
if you went over often then it would probably be the wrong plan for you, if it wasn't often the excess is small, I think it has to do with Exetel not being able to carry the loss anymore and those types of usage scenarios

itsgarry

Post by itsgarry » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:04 am

ForumAdmin wrote:
itsgarry wrote:
I notice that there are PAYU plans for 256kb/s, 1500kb/s and ADSL2, but not for 8192kb/s.
Is PAYU planned for 8192kb/s?

Does ForumAdmin have a possible answer to this question please?

Thanks,
Garry.
Yes....it should be on the web site this morning.
I have waited a few days but still can not see the an ADSL1 8000 PAYU plan.

--Garry.

vbap

Post by vbap » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:31 am

itsgarry wrote: I have waited a few days but still can not see the an ADSL1 8000 PAYU plan.

--Garry.
T8-PAYU http://www.exetel.com.au/a_plan_pricing_new.php

or do you mean it's not available from your Members Area to change to?