Price Increase For Out Of Contract Customers - Continued

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
Twisted

Re: Price Increase For Out Of Contract Customers - Continued

Post by Twisted » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:35 pm

paulp wrote:
I am one of the "Out of contract customers" on old Z/20NOTEL Naked ADSL plan being offered to move to the new Optus plan OCV200. My question is will I still be able to continue the current "Add On" Bonus Packs like VP4 - 50 minutes of VOIP Mobile calls for $5.00 per month to the new OCV200 plan ?

I believe this will go.
Can this please be confirmed? I have just changed to OCV200 but due to the non-Optus mobile phone charges (35c/min + 35c flagfall) I plan to continue to use my VOIP account (with VP4) for those calls. Thanks.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:48 pm

Twisted wrote:
paulp wrote:
I am one of the "Out of contract customers" on old Z/20NOTEL Naked ADSL plan being offered to move to the new Optus plan OCV200. My question is will I still be able to continue the current "Add On" Bonus Packs like VP4 - 50 minutes of VOIP Mobile calls for $5.00 per month to the new OCV200 plan ?

I believe this will go.
Can this please be confirmed? I have just changed to OCV200 but due to the non-Optus mobile phone charges (35c/min + 35c flagfall) I plan to continue to use my VOIP account (with VP4) for those calls. Thanks.
I will ask Paul to clarify this but I am unaware of any plans to stop offering the residential VoIP add on 'packs'.

rm555

Post by rm555 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:51 pm

Twisted wrote:
paulp wrote:

I believe this will go.
I'm already on OCV200 and I can still select VP4 when I go to https://www.exetel.com.au/members/voice ... k_form.php

My exetel provided VOIP number had no add-on packs though so I can't confirm whether it would have remained after the change.

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:49 pm

I'm already on OCV200 and I can still select VP4 when I go to https://www.exetel.com.au/members/voice ... k_form.php

My exetel provided VOIP number had no add-on packs though so I can't confirm whether it would have remained after the change.
Apologies, the VOIP packs will remain.

For some reason, I had thought of a previous VOIP offer we did a long time ago.

Again, apologies and the VOIP packs will remain.

plasmapuff

Post by plasmapuff » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:52 pm

Could one of the admins please post here when the VOIP to PSTN number porting feature has been added to the OCV plan change forms?

cheers :)

itsgarry

Post by itsgarry » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:54 pm

itsgarry wrote:
vbap wrote:
itsgarry wrote: I have waited a few days but still can not see the an ADSL1 8000 PAYU plan.

--Garry.
T8-PAYU http://www.exetel.com.au/a_plan_pricing_new.php

or do you mean it's not available from your Members Area to change to?
It's not in my members area to change to. I am guessing it needs to turn up there before I can change to it?

--Garry.
Can one of the admins please post when the T8-PAYU plan becomes available in the Members Area. Hopefully before the end of the month :wink:

Steerpike

Post by Steerpike » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:52 am

Hi there

I've logged into my member facility and found that it has a set of different plans for upgrade when compared to the ones published on Exetel's website.

There were two tables to choose from. One is "ADSL2 (No Telephone)" and a "Special Offer For "Naked" ADSL2 Upgrade to Bundled ADSL2 with Telephone Service". Is that correct? I am limited by those choices?

Also, I can only see included downloads, but it doesn't provide details of peak and offpeak data downloads. Does it mean its for all day?? :)

I am currently on the following plan:
Plan Type: NF/22BYOLINE
Monthly Access Charge: $40.00
Peak Download Limit (Mbyte): 30000
Peak Period Option: 12:00pm - 12:00am
Excess Downloads per Gbyte: $0.50
OffPeak Download Limit (Mbyte): 60000
OffPeak Excess Downloads per Gbyte: $0.50

Am I am supposed to respond to Exetel by end Jan to change the plans to avoid the $10 add-on?

I will be moving home during mid 2011. If I upgrade the plans now, will I be subjected to any penalty?

Kindly advice, thank you.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:14 am

Steerpike wrote:I've logged into my member facility and found that it has a set of different plans for upgrade when compared to the ones published on Exetel's website.
Also, I can only see included downloads, but it doesn't provide details of peak and offpeak data downloads. Does it mean its for all day?? :)
What are the plan names that appear in your member facilities?
Steerpike wrote:There were two tables to choose from. One is "ADSL2 (No Telephone)" and a "Special Offer For "Naked" ADSL2 Upgrade to Bundled ADSL2 with Telephone Service". Is that correct? I am limited by those choices?
You are currently on BYO Line, meaning AAPT infrastructure. This means that there is no direct upgrade path to many of the Optus plans and you'd need to cancel and apply as a new customer to get them. I'm not sure why the Special Offer appears for you, because these plans are Optus and AAPT->Optus would mean 2-3 weeks downtime. But the "No Telephone" option is the current AAPT equivalent and the most likely option for you if you wish to avoid downtime. As stated above, post the plan names and I'll see if I can find them on http://www.exetel.com.au/a_plan_pricing_adsl2_new.php (Note: Right at the bottom of http://www.exetel.com.au/a_plan_pricing_adsl2_new.php there is a "Premium Plans (AAPT Network)" section. If you click a tab, more plans become visible)
Steerpike wrote:Am I am supposed to respond to Exetel by end Jan to change the plans to avoid the $10 add-on?
Yes
Steerpike wrote:I will be moving home during mid 2011. If I upgrade the plans now, will I be subjected to any penalty?
If you go from your AAPT plan to an Optus plan, you will have a new 12 month contract. If you move in 2011 then you will either be subject to penalty, or if the offer still exists Exetel/Optus can relocate your service, commence you on a new contract and you won't be penalised. However, this contract relocation is dependent on the offer still existing and Optus being available at your new location.

If you continue on the AAPT plan, you should have an option to pay $40 and not enter a new contract. Doing this will allow you to relocate without penalty.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:04 pm

Hi there

I've logged into my member facility and found that it has a set of different plans for upgrade when compared to the ones published on Exetel's website.

There were two tables to choose from. One is "ADSL2 (No Telephone)" and a "Special Offer For "Naked" ADSL2 Upgrade to Bundled ADSL2 with Telephone Service". Is that correct? I am limited by those choices?

I am currently on the following plan:
Plan Type: NF/22BYOLINE
Monthly Access Charge: $40.00
Peak Download Limit (Mbyte): 30000
Peak Period Option: 12:00pm - 12:00am
Excess Downloads per Gbyte: $0.50
OffPeak Download Limit (Mbyte): 60000
OffPeak Excess Downloads per Gbyte: $0.50

Am I am supposed to respond to Exetel by end Jan to change the plans to avoid the $10 add-on?

I will be moving home during mid 2011. If I upgrade the plans now, will I be subjected to any penalty?

Kindly advice, thank you.
- Yes those two options are correct.
- Those new plans dont have peak/off peak but total usage for that month irrespective of when during the month
- Before Feb 1 you should decide whether you wish to go onto one of the new plans or indeed stay on your current plan. If you stay and do nothing then it will increase by $10
- If you upgrade to the OCV plans and move within the contract there will be no charge, but it means the contract period will be reset to the date you've moved to your new place.

rm555

Post by rm555 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:59 pm

paulp wrote:If you upgrade to the OCV plans and move within the contract there will be no charge, but it means the contract period will be reset to the date you've moved to your new place.
You might want to correct the FAQ with this information.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=37470#p286319
Q16. What happens if I relocate to a different premises on these new plans within the 12 month contract?

Specifically for OCV plans only our contract won't start again. We will use the original sign up date as the start of the 12 month period. Moving to a new place does not restart the contract.

wood888

Post by wood888 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:34 pm

Through the progress on signing my new contract i came across ths:
Free Additional Telephone Line Functions:
Please tick the boxes if you want any of the functions that are listed below. The functions are provided at no additional charge:
- Unlisted number
- Calling number display sending
Can someone explain what
- Unlisted number
actually do?

Cheers

Affinity

Post by Affinity » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:57 pm

wood888 wrote:Through the progress on signing my new contract i came across ths:
Can someone explain what
- Unlisted number
actually do?
Unlisted number means that your number won't go in the ordinary directory listings, a free silent number service if I am not mistaken?

Calling number display [sending] will send YOUR number to the called party and if their phone/equipment can display that number, then they know YOU are calling -- or your number at least ;-)

wood888

Post by wood888 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:11 pm

Affinity wrote:
wood888 wrote:Through the progress on signing my new contract i came across ths:
Can someone explain what
- Unlisted number
actually do?
Unlisted number means that your number won't go in the ordinary directory listings, a free silent number service if I am not mistaken?

Calling number display [sending] will send YOUR number to the called party and if their phone/equipment can display that number, then they know YOU are calling -- or your number at least ;-)
Ok thanks so if i dont check the Calling number display [sending] box, the people i call wont receive my number on there phone, or will it still show my number?
Also can we change these options after we sign up?

Cheers

Affinity

Post by Affinity » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:37 pm

wood888 wrote:Ok thanks so if i dont check the Calling number display [sending] box, the people i call wont receive my number on there phone, or will it still show my number?
If the people you call have equipment / service that displays a callers number, then it will come up as private (no number). You can change this from within your user facilities at any time under "manage services-->wireline".

You may also be able to selectively turn it on / off on a per call basis with a prefix, but I am not positive about that [1831/1832].

wood888

Post by wood888 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:09 pm

Affinity wrote:
wood888 wrote:Ok thanks so if i dont check the Calling number display [sending] box, the people i call wont receive my number on there phone, or will it still show my number?
If the people you call have equipment / service that displays a callers number, then it will come up as private (no number). You can change this from within your user facilities at any time under "manage services-->wireline".

You may also be able to selectively turn it on / off on a per call basis with a prefix, but I am not positive about that [1831/1832].
Thanks much appreciated.