Price Increase For Out Of Contract Customers - Continued

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
paulp
Exetel Staff

Re: Price Increase For Out Of Contract Customers - Continued

Post by paulp » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:01 pm

I should stress and perhaps clarify that we can only transfer VOIP numbers to PSTN that were ORIGINALLY PSTN.

DID/DIDLESS voip numbers generated independantly(these are through Verizon) are not portable to PSTN.

vbap

Post by vbap » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:11 pm

mjsgh wrote: FAQ Q13 does not apply in this case because I did not port my old PSTN number to VoIP as I mentioned before when I first joined Extel this feature was not available to me. It was only introduced sometime after.
FAQ Q13 is precisely related to your situation - ie you did not port your original PSTN to VoIP (doesn't matter the reason why).

Augh

Post by Augh » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:28 pm

Q1:
History
- PSTN with Telstra, ADSL 1 with Netspace
- Ported PSTN Number to VOIP with GoTalk,
- Moved house, (Same exchange)
- Got Naked ADSL with Exetel.
If I move to the OCV plan can I port my VOIP currently with GoTalk back to PSTN with Exetel? (I am still in the ame exchange that the VOIP was originally ported from)

Q2: what would be the contract break costs?
given that the contract waiver is $40, I expect this should be $40, could you please confirm?

Thanks

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:33 pm

Augh wrote:
If I move to the OCV plan can I port my VOIP currently with GoTalk back to PSTN with Exetel? (I am still in the ame exchange that the VOIP was originally ported from)

given that the contract waiver is $40, I expect this should be $40, could you please confirm?

Thanks
No it is not correct.

Contract break charge is $100.00.

The contract break charge has zero relationship to the plan activation charge.

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:38 pm

Steerpike wrote:I apologise in advance if this has already been asked.

1) If I don't do anything and let the 1 Feb charge take effect (additional $10 charge), will I still be able to change to the new plans in March if I change my mind?

2) If I commit to the 12 months contract, will the offpeak and peak hours and schedule be subjected to changes?

3) Before I decide to leave my old plan and apply for a new plan, could you tell us more about this?
Over the coming week there will be similar discount offers on wireless plans and VoIP plans as well as a bundled offer for unlimited local, national and Optus mobile calls.
I currently subscribe to your wireless service. Also, if I take up the CAP 19 or 35 mobile discount offer, I'd like to know more about the optus bundle.

4) Re the Optus reselling services to us, are we actually getting better value from Exetel as opposed to subscribing directly to Optus for ADSL2+, home phone, mobile?

Kindly advice, thank you.

Regards
1) Yes

2) No

3) Call sales

4) I don't know but Exetel pass on all commissions and bonuses to customers on these plans.

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:58 pm

Q1:
History
- PSTN with Telstra, ADSL 1 with Netspace
- Ported PSTN Number to VOIP with GoTalk,
- Moved house, (Same exchange)
- Got Naked ADSL with Exetel.

Thanks
1 - No.

2 - I need to confirm this.

wadeholmes

Post by wadeholmes » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:04 pm

so when will the $10 per month be added on when my contract expiry says:

Renew Contract End Date: 2011-03-01

for the month of March, I get charged my plan amount at the begninning of the month. Do I then get hit with the extra $10 for the month of March?

(ie am I on a contract for March)

If I am not on a contract for march, am I able to say in February put in a churn to another provider without getting hit for a break of contract fee? or do I have to wait until the 2nd of March to do this (even though I will then have been charged for the whole of March by then)

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:31 pm

wadeholmes wrote:so when will the $10 per month be added on when my contract expiry says:

1) Renew Contract End Date: 2011-03-01

2) Do I then get hit with the extra $10 for the month of March?

3) (ie am I on a contract for March)

4) or do I have to wait until the 2nd of March to do this (even though I will then have been charged for the whole of March by then)
1)It means you are in contract until midnight on March 1st 2011

2) You will be charged your February plan fee plus $10.00 on March 1st 2011

3) Yes, you are in contract until 12.01 am on March 2nd 2011

4) You can apply to whoever you like to move away from Exetel before March 2nd but you need to ensure that any change won't happen until after midnight on March 1st 2011.

wadeholmes

Post by wadeholmes » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:52 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:
wadeholmes wrote:so when will the $10 per month be added on when my contract expiry says:

1) Renew Contract End Date: 2011-03-01

2) Do I then get hit with the extra $10 for the month of March?

3) (ie am I on a contract for March)

4) or do I have to wait until the 2nd of March to do this (even though I will then have been charged for the whole of March by then)
1)It means you are in contract until midnight on March 1st 2011

2) You will be charged your February plan fee plus $10.00 on March 1st 2011

3) Yes, you are in contract until 12.01 am on March 2nd 2011

4) You can apply to whoever you like to move away from Exetel before March 2nd but you need to ensure that any change won't happen until after midnight on March 1st 2011.

Thanks for the info - If I decide to leave straight away (ie 2nd March), is it possible to get the money you have taken for March (ie the plan + $10) back?

sarasvasti

Post by sarasvasti » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:10 pm

Hi there,

Apologies in advance if this has been answered in the previous thread before this extension, I've applied for the OCV200/35 a few days ago.

I have 2 VOIP numbers (one of which was my original PSTN no - I haven't been using this as I never knew how to switch from the other one I was given but it is active on my members facility). So I assume this means I can port this to be my new PSTN no ... but how do I arrange this? I know from these discussions that it takes 5 - 10 days to do as it's a manual process but it wasn't a question on the application form from what I recall ... Do I email residential sales to ask them to do it?

Also, I assume I will need to wait until the start of Feb for them to post out the mobile sim card (which will then take a few days to arrive) since the new plan only starts in Feb?

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:24 pm

wadeholmes wrote: Thanks for the info - If I decide to leave straight away (ie 2nd March), is it possible to get the money you have taken for March (ie the plan + $10) back?
The policy on refunding unused usage is covered in the terms and conditions.

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:38 pm

Hi there,

Apologies in advance if this has been answered in the previous thread before this extension, I've applied for the OCV200/35 a few days ago.

I have 2 VOIP numbers (one of which was my original PSTN no - I haven't been using this as I never knew how to switch from the other one I was given but it is active on my members facility). So I assume this means I can port this to be my new PSTN no ... but how do I arrange this? I know from these discussions that it takes 5 - 10 days to do as it's a manual process but it wasn't a question on the application form from what I recall ... Do I email residential sales to ask them to do it?

Also, I assume I will need to wait until the start of Feb for them to post out the mobile sim card (which will then take a few days to arrive) since the new plan only starts in Feb?

- the option will be included in the plan changes late this week. For those that have already applied, this will have to be manually emailed to provisioning@exetel.com.au.

In regards to posting, it will be towards the end of this month, early next as we prepare to complete backend processes to accomidate the requests.

Petunia1943

Post by Petunia1943 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:47 pm

Hi
Is there a particular reason for splitting the PAYU plans into peak and off peak charging when these are the same? Would it not be simpler to just say $1/Gb once and easier for exetel to administer and easier for oldies to understand?
Regards
Trev

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:00 pm

Petunia1943 wrote:Hi
Is there a particular reason for splitting the PAYU plans into peak and off peak charging when these are the same? Would it not be simpler to just say $1/Gb once and easier for exetel to administer and easier for oldies to understand?
Regards
Trev
how about if later it became possible to offer more in the offpeak and you could get 50c/GB during that period?

ForumAdmin
Exetel Staff

Post by ForumAdmin » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:04 pm

Petunia1943 wrote:Hi
Regards
Trev
It may well be easier and we'll certainly modify how the plan is presented in the near future.

It was done this way because it was easier to use the established 'templates' to cut down development time in a very time and resource constrained period.

It was also considered an advantage to have two periods to allow future versions of such plans to have different prices for the different periods - in the past we have had such plans with off peak usage at no charge for instance.

(your original post was excised by me to remove your unnecessary and, to me, insulting 'editorial'. The rules of this forum preclude such unnecessary insults)