Price Increase For Out Of Contract Customers - Continued

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
vbap

Re: Price Increase For Out Of Contract Customers - Continued

Post by vbap » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:34 pm

Womble wrote:Is there any minimum usage requirements for the phone component on the OCV200 plan? Does anyone care if we ever plug in a POTS handset (not sure we have one anymore)? The reason I ask is I am struggling to see the financial benefit to Optus by offering the free reconnection to the POTS system with the free local and national calls. Just wondering what the catch (if any) is.

Thanks

David
Given that the calls are free, I can't see why there would be a minimum usage required :)
From all accounts, no-one would care if you never used your re-activated PSTN line for PSTN calls.
My speculation is that the financial 'benefit' to Optus would be getting a whole bunch of customers on a 12 month contract, perhaps in many of these cases getting a few dollars more for each customer than they did when they were Naked. I also suspect there was some hard bargaining on Exetel's behalf to convince Optus to pay the 'reconnection' fee and to also provide these plans at the price point (compare with OTL60 for example....). I will be taking up this offer - will be interesting to see what the choices will be in 12 months time when it expires...!

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:03 pm

Is there any minimum usage requirements for the phone component on the OCV200 plan? Does anyone care if we ever plug in a POTS handset (not sure we have one anymore)? The reason I ask is I am struggling to see the financial benefit to Optus by offering the free reconnection to the POTS system with the free local and national calls. Just wondering what the catch (if any) is.
No minimum usage as far as I know. Only an AUP (which will be updateD) on the other end of the scale with resepct to extreme usage.

AnnoyedALot

Post by AnnoyedALot » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:24 pm

I notice there are posts/replies by ForumAdmin stating that if you were charged for a plan change since october last year, you will be able to get this back by credit/refund if you elect to change to one of the new plans now.

Can it be confirmed for me now how this refund is to be claimed back as my last change to a "NEW" plan started on 01/11/10?

thanks

Affinity

Post by Affinity » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:58 pm

AnnoyedALot wrote:I notice there are posts/replies by ForumAdmin stating that if you were charged for a plan change since october last year, you will be able to get this back by credit/refund if you elect to change to one of the new plans now.

Can it be confirmed for me now how this refund is to be claimed back as my last change to a "NEW" plan started on 01/11/10?
This will be automatic, you don't need to do anything, but you must have chosen an new 12 month contract in order to get the refund.

ammartq

Post by ammartq » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:59 pm

Hi,

I am currently on this plan:
Plan Type: Z/21NOTEL
Monthly Access Charge: $50.00
Peak Download Limit (Mbyte): 30000
Peak Period Option: 12:00pm - 12:00am
Initial Contract End Date: 2010-06-22

As I understand the recent price increase emails, if I do nothing by Jan 31, 2011:
- my monthly $50 will increase to $60
- I will not be charged any other one-time or monthly amount
- I will remain out-of-contract

Please comment on the above.

Also, what if I move to one of the new OCV plan now and after some time move houses and Exetel cannot provide a ADSL service at a new address? Will I be charged for breaking the contract?

Regards.

shjbrown

Post by shjbrown » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:03 pm

Hi,

Just another vote for a lower priced/lower download limit OCV plan. I am currently on an ONA plan, and do not often hit my 10GB peak limit, and barely use off-peak. I'd love to have a POTS landline and the unlimited calls, but it is hard to justify the increase from $43 to $60 when I don't need the increase in download limits.

Thanks!

Affinity

Post by Affinity » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:04 pm

ammartq wrote: As I understand the recent price increase emails, if I do nothing by Jan 31, 2011:

Also, what if I move to one of the new OCV plan now and after some time move houses and Exetel cannot provide a ADSL service at a new address? Will I be charged for breaking the contract?
If you are being charged a service and/or account fee, that will also remain -- your monthly cost will be $x + $10.

Changing to OCV is a highly recommended option, take this offer whilst it lasts if you can.

Moving house is beyond Exetel's control. If the new location does not have an available Optus DSLAM port available to Exetel via Optus Wholesale, then there WILL be a contract break fee -- Exetel passes on this fee in the same manner as they pass on savings to customers where possible.

Affinity

Post by Affinity » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:06 pm

shjbrown wrote:Hi,

Just another vote for a lower priced/lower download limit OCV plan. I am currently on an ONA plan, and do not often hit my 10GB peak limit, and barely use off-peak. I'd love to have a POTS landline and the unlimited calls, but it is hard to justify the increase from $43 to $60 when I don't need the increase in download limits.
It isn't for everyone, but a fully working phone line with 000 support and call inclusions should easily be worth $17 difference even sans the extra downloads. Although there was talk about a possible $50 option with 10GB data, but that doesn't seem to be materializing for some reason.

vbap

Post by vbap » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:14 pm

shjbrown wrote:Hi,

Thanks!
If you don't move to OCV, your plan will cost $53 from Feb 1 (assuming you are not in contract). So really only $7 difference. Then, consider how much you spend on VoIP calls under ONA. take that away from the $7 (assuming you will use the included free calls from OCV) and there probably isn't much to try to justify any more...!

ammartq

Post by ammartq » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:34 pm

Affinity wrote:
ammartq wrote: As I understand the recent price increase emails, if I do nothing by Jan 31, 2011:

If you are being charged a service and/or account fee, that will also remain -- your monthly cost will be $x + $10.

Changing to OCV is a highly recommended option, take this offer whilst it lasts if you can.

Moving house is beyond Exetel's control. If the new location does not have an available Optus DSLAM port available to Exetel via Optus Wholesale, then there WILL be a contract break fee -- Exetel passes on this fee in the same manner as they pass on savings to customers where possible.
Thanks for the response.
You mean to say if I was paying $50 + $3 (service fee) then my new bill (without moving to new plan) would be $63?
And if I move to new plan, there won't be any service fee? Just $60 for OCV200 plan?
Any idea what would be contract break fee if OCV plan is not available at new place?

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:45 pm

ammartq wrote:1. You mean to say if I was paying $50 + $3 (service fee) then my new bill (without moving to new plan) would be $63?
2. And if I move to new plan, there won't be any service fee? Just $60 for OCV200 plan?
3. Any idea what would be contract break fee if OCV plan is not available at new place?
1. Correct
2. Correct
3. Early termination fees are $100
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

ammartq

Post by ammartq » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:53 pm

CoreyPlover wrote:
ammartq wrote:1. You mean to say if I was paying $50 + $3 (service fee) then my new bill (without moving to new plan) would be $63?
2. And if I move to new plan, there won't be any service fee? Just $60 for OCV200 plan?
3. Any idea what would be contract break fee if OCV plan is not available at new place?
1. Correct
2. Correct
3. Early termination fees are $100

Thanks again. If I bundle mobile cap plan with this, will the mobile plan be in 12-month contract too?
On its own, mobile cap plans are no-contract plans.

vbap

Post by vbap » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:09 pm

ammartq wrote: Thanks again. If I bundle mobile cap plan with this, will the mobile plan be in 12-month contract too?
On its own, mobile cap plans are no-contract plans.
If you bundle (eg OCV200/19), it will be in 12 month contract for effectively $10/month, but the SIM fee ($20) is waived.
If you take up a CAP19 on its own, it will not be in contract, cost effectively $9/month, but you pay $20 SIM fee,

cdhiren

Post by cdhiren » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:18 pm

I am planning to change my Naked ADSL plans to OCV 200/19:
1) I am currently on a 12 month contract with Optus on a BYO CAP 19 mobile plan. Can the same be simply ported on this plan? I am hoping that Exetel or Optus will not charge me anything for breaking my existing contract since I shall still be with Optus and that too on the same CAP 19 plan?

I have read all pages on this forum but couldn't find a definitive answer to the above.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=37194&start=285

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:54 pm

ammartq wrote:Hi,

I am currently on this plan:
Plan Type: Z/21NOTEL
Monthly Access Charge: $50.00
Peak Download Limit (Mbyte): 30000
Peak Period Option: 12:00pm - 12:00am
Initial Contract End Date: 2010-06-22

As I understand the recent price increase emails, if I do nothing by Jan 31, 2011:
1)- my monthly $50 will increase to $60
2)- I will not be charged any other one-time or monthly amount
3)- I will remain out-of-contract

Please comment on the above.

4) Also, what if I move to one of the new OCV plan now and after some time move houses and Exetel cannot provide a ADSL service at a new address? Will I be charged for breaking the contract?

Regards.
1) Correct.
2) No
3) Yes
4) Yes you will be charged a contract break fee