Price Increase For Out Of Contract Customers - Continued

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
mouseman

Re: Price Increase For Out Of Contract Customers - Continued

Post by mouseman » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:43 pm

Hi,

Just a quick question before I make a decision on these new changes. I'm thinking about bringing my phone line over from Telstra and also going for the mobile phone plan bundle. If I do this and it turns out that for some reason there is a poor mobile phone reception in my house, can I drop the mobile phone off the plan or will I be tied into a contract for all three services?

Thanks alot

vbap

Post by vbap » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:46 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:Some small changes have been made to the new plans that increase some plan's download allowances and reduce some plan's costs....as well as adding an ADSL1 8000 payu plan.

Also ADSL2 OT plans with free telephone calls have been added.
The split out of the Optus plans with free calls into OF is a good idea.

But only $5 price diff between OF100 & OF500? Is it worth Exetel's while to offer both of those?
OT60 + $10 = OF60
OT500 + $10 = OF500
but OT100 + *$15* = OF100...

Seems OF100 is in a bit of no-mans land...?

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:51 pm

mouseman wrote:Hi,

Just a quick question before I make a decision on these new changes. I'm thinking about bringing my phone line over from Telstra and also going for the mobile phone plan bundle. If I do this and it turns out that for some reason there is a poor mobile phone reception in my house, can I drop the mobile phone off the plan or will I be tied into a contract for all three services?

Thanks alot
Buy the mobile plan separately and there is zero contract period.

Affinity

Post by Affinity » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:01 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:
Affinity wrote:May I suggest to Exetel that with the PAYU plans, that they offer 100MB data for each period before the charge applies to data? 100MB isn't much, but any use above 100MB will definitely mean the user is getting something for their data costs.
It's not possible to this now....I don't quite see what purpose would be served by doing it in the future?
It will mean that there is a small reasonable allowance for very, very low data usage that isn't "real" usage -- ie, the modem is talking to the network and no browsing or other normal data use activity is taking place. If 100MB is too much, then perhaps 75 or 50 ?

My thinking is that exceeding the low allowance will mean that the customer must be using their connection and therefore it is reasonable to pay the first 1GB usage part. Some 3G plans run foul of users by charging in large increments (not Exetel). Without a small fair use allowance on the PAYU plans, tiny usage becomes excessively expensive (comparatively) and that tiny usage can be just the modem and Exetel communicating the connection with the user doing nothing more than allowing their modem to remain connected and ready for use.

mouseman

Post by mouseman » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:13 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:
mouseman wrote:Hi,

Thanks alot
Buy the mobile plan separately and there is zero contract period.

Thanks. Thats a good idea

mouseman

Post by mouseman » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:55 pm

Sorry - one more question. I'm on a Telstra Budget Home phone line which I shouldnt really be on as I'm with Exetel broadband. If I take the internet & phone bundle, I understand that my line will be transferred over to Optus. There may be a problem with this if there are no ports available in my area for Optus. If there are no ports, will Telstra be aware that I'm using their budget line with Exetel or will my application be rejected and Telstra will not have been contacted?

Hope that makes sense.

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:13 pm

Sorry - one more question. I'm on a Telstra Budget Home phone line which I shouldnt really be on as I'm with Exetel broadband. If I take the internet & phone bundle, I understand that my line will be transferred over to Optus. There may be a problem with this if there are no ports available in my area for Optus. If there are no ports, will Telstra be aware that I'm using their budget line with Exetel or will my application be rejected and Telstra will not have been contacted?

Hope that makes sense.
If there are no ports, then the line wont be transferred. Only once a port is established and taken during ULL transfer will it commence. These are all pro-actively checked before any work is done.

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:19 pm

mouseman wrote:Sorry - one more question. I'm on a Telstra Budget Home phone line which I shouldnt really be on as I'm with Exetel broadband. If I take the internet & phone bundle, I understand that my line will be transferred over to Optus. There may be a problem with this if there are no ports available in my area for Optus. If there are no ports, will Telstra be aware that I'm using their budget line with Exetel or will my application be rejected and Telstra will not have been contacted?

Hope that makes sense.
either way you are entitled to use homeline budget when using a Telstra resold service so I wouldn't be too concerned about that, I'm on a homeline budget connection also and I told Telstra upfront who I would be connecting with when I activated the service

Affinity

Post by Affinity » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:21 pm

mouseman wrote:Sorry - one more question. I'm on a Telstra Budget Home phone line which I shouldnt really be on as I'm with Exetel broadband. If I take the internet & phone bundle, I understand that my line will be transferred over to Optus. There may be a problem with this if there are no ports available in my area for Optus. If there are no ports, will Telstra be aware that I'm using their budget line with Exetel or will my application be rejected and Telstra will not have been contacted?

Hope that makes sense.
Due to structural separation, Telstra employees have no right to check whom is providing your broadband service. All they have a right to ensure is that you are on at least "home line budget" as any lesser plan cannot support ADSL.

Telstra employees back up the above time and time again.

Don't worry about being on home line budget for broadband, it is not a problem regardless of whom is providing your ADSL.

Affinity

Post by Affinity » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:26 pm

The online change plan order form for OCV now has the following:

"Exetel are able to provide quality voice services to all of our customers, and no customers should be disadvantaged by the behaviour of others. We provide this free call packaged offer for residential customers only in good faith. Under our Acceptable User Policy, if you exceed 3000 minutes per month, Exetel will request that you reduce your usage. Persistent breaches of our Acceptable User Policy in this regard may result in Exetel terminating your service."

Is there any indication of minutes for mobile calls to Optus mobiles? Or is the 3000 minutes fully inclusive of all free calls?

I think that 3000 minutes is pretty fair, you would have to average over 90 minutes per day to hit that limit (although that can be achieved easily by some) -- thank you.

mouseman

Post by mouseman » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:34 pm

Affinity wrote:

Hope that makes sense.
Due to structural separation, Telstra employees have no right to check whom is providing your broadband service. All they have a right to ensure is that you are on at least "home line budget" as any lesser plan cannot support ADSL.

Telstra employees back up the above time and time again.

Don't worry about being on home line budget for broadband, it is not a problem regardless of whom is providing your ADSL.

Good to know - thanks all

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:44 pm

Is there any indication of minutes for mobile calls to Optus mobiles? Or is the 3000 minutes fully inclusive of all free calls?

I think that 3000 minutes is pretty fair, you would have to average over 90 minutes per day to hit that limit (although that can be achieved easily by some) -- thank you.
This is total free minutes to all total availble services to call that are free.

JJDisco

Post by JJDisco » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:07 pm

Affinity wrote:
JJDisco wrote:Last month I paid $40 to change my plan to a slightly cheaper one that would still meet my needs. 4 days later I get an email saying that I am being forced to change my plan. Is Exetel telling me that for those 4 days they had no idea that the plans were about to be changed, and that me changing would do nothing more than line pockets. I'm quite pissed off about this. I feel seriously rorted by Exetel especially since I've been with them since April 2004. I would expect a refund of that wasted $40 especially since I am being forced into a much more expensive plan that offers far more than I could ever possibly legally use.
If you enter into a new 12 month contract, then Exetel has committed to refunding the $40 plan change in such circumstances -- I think it even goes back to October [it might not be quite that long].

I haven't seen this written anywhere. If it is true I am partially pleased (I still do not need the additional download capacity for the price I am shifting to) Can someone please point out where this refunding of $40 is written.

JJDisco

Post by JJDisco » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:34 pm

Original text deleted.

No-one here can deal with "beefs".

michaelw

Post by michaelw » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:33 pm

paulp, It's the end of the week and I'm wondering how we go with letting exetel know we want our voip number ported across as our new pstn number (since it was ported to voip from pstn in the first place).

I've already compeleted the plan change form and am keen to keep my number in the change over.