Price Increase For Out Of Contract Customers - Continued

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
paulp
Exetel Staff

Re: Price Increase For Out Of Contract Customers - Continued

Post by paulp » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:19 am

Any update as to when the members facilities online will have a feature where we can port our existing VOIP number (mine was originally ported from PSTN) back to the PSTN line under the $60 OCV200 plan?

Or is there some otherway to do it?
For those that have ported this their number to VOIP from PSTN with Exetel, we expect this to be on the form sometime this week.

itsgarry

Post by itsgarry » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:35 am

vbap wrote:
itsgarry wrote: I have waited a few days but still can not see the an ADSL1 8000 PAYU plan.

--Garry.
T8-PAYU http://www.exetel.com.au/a_plan_pricing_new.php

or do you mean it's not available from your Members Area to change to?
It's not in my members area to change to. I am guessing it needs to turn up there before I can change to it?

--Garry.

teretic

Post by teretic » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:54 pm

itsgarry wrote:
vbap wrote:
itsgarry wrote: I have waited a few days but still can not see the an ADSL1 8000 PAYU plan.

--Garry.
T8-PAYU http://www.exetel.com.au/a_plan_pricing_new.php

or do you mean it's not available from your Members Area to change to?
It's not in my members area to change to. I am guessing it needs to turn up there before I can change to it?

--Garry.
That looks like the plan for me too, low usage, up to half the 8speed is possible even in the bluetick bush; i'm on the 8mb TE-K ( though off contracts for some years) since October; but PAYU-8 is not visible in my change service view, but is visible if i signed up from new ... what's needed to make it, er : ) turn up : ) .... ?

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:05 pm

teretic wrote: ... what's needed to make it, er : ) turn up : ) .... ?
Just a little patience

It should appear in Member Facilities soon. Alternatively, email residentialsales@exetel.com.au to see if you can request the change manually.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

Affinity

Post by Affinity » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:25 pm

How are we going with the whole "port original PSTN --> VoIP --> PSTN" change?

Once that option is on the order form, I'm sure many of us will be working through order(s) -- it was expected by end of last week, any ETA now?

Klaas

Post by Klaas » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:05 pm

Affinity wrote:How are we going with the whole "port original PSTN --> VoIP --> PSTN" change?

Once that option is on the order form, I'm sure many of us will be working through order(s) -- it was expected by end of last week, any ETA now?
paulp posted this morning, four posts up from yours, stating:

"For those that have ported this their number to VOIP from PSTN with Exetel, we expect this to be on the form sometime this week."

Affinity

Post by Affinity » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:10 pm

Klaas wrote:
Affinity wrote:How are we going with the whole "port original PSTN --> VoIP --> PSTN" change?

paulp posted this morning, four posts up from yours, stating:

"For those that have ported this their number to VOIP from PSTN with Exetel, we expect this to be on the form sometime this week."
Okay, somehow I missed that update -- the last I knew it was due by the end of last week. If it's the end of this week, then that'll make it that much closer to the end date of the 31st.

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:14 pm

Hi Affinity,

It's been slightly delayed while we re-work the application form.

Affinity

Post by Affinity » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:19 pm

paulp wrote:Hi Affinity,

No problem, is it better to wait or to apply now with an email to provisioning?

vbap

Post by vbap » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:37 pm

Affinity wrote:
paulp wrote:Hi Affinity,

No problem, is it better to wait or to apply now with an email to provisioning?
Worried the plan will disappear before you get to apply??? [/toungeincheeck]

msallur

Post by msallur » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:53 am

had a quick scroll through this thread and couldnt see it but has anyone questioned the legalities of this change?

discrimination between "out of contract" and "in contract"

and the definition of "out of contract"? If you are defined as being "out of contract" are you still legally bound to the terms & conditions of use? and if you are then isnt that a "contract" ?

interested to know.....

Affinity

Post by Affinity » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:14 am

msallur wrote:had a quick scroll through this thread and couldnt see it but has anyone questioned the legalities of this change?

and the definition of "out of contract"? If you are defined as being "out of contract" are you still legally bound to the terms & conditions of use? and if you are then isnt that a "contract" ?

interested to know.....
I think you are nit-picking big time.

Clearly what Exetel means is that you are committed on a contract beyond just month-to-month supply.

Any supplier can change pricing at any time, under some circumstances there needs to be reasonable notice.

Exetel wishes to remain in business and plan changes / price movements are part of that reality.

If you are willing to commit to a new contract, you may even find yourself on a more suitable plan at lower cost. There are actually good benefits with a reasonable length contract.

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:36 pm

had a quick scroll through this thread and couldnt see it but has anyone questioned the legalities of this change?

interested to know.....
Once the minimum commitment period ends, the terms change on a month to month contract. The contract terms certainly dont change, only the period to per month (so as to give 30 days notice in regards to change of service) once the minimum commitment has ended.

barywhite

Post by barywhite » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:07 am

wood888 wrote:Can an Exetel forum admin answer this question as ever time it gets asked it just gets ignored.

There was mention of the same sort of plan but instead of the 200GB download there was a 10Gb limit, and this was priced at $50.

Is this plan still going to go through for the current users, as Im sure a lot of low end users would prefer this.
As most low end users would be on $40 a month or lower and this new plan would be an increase of $20 or more.

But im sure could justify the charge increase to $10 more if there was a $50 plan with the same plan conditions as the 200GB plan (besides the download limit).

Thanks
Has there been an answer to this? I've read the whole thread and this question hasn't been answered by ForumAdmin.

When these changes were first announced ForumAdmin mentioned that a $50 plan was being looked at and details released the next week. As far as I can tell this hasn't happened yet.

Is a $50 plan still being considered?

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:51 pm

barywhite wrote:
wood888 wrote:Can an Exetel forum admin answer this question as ever time it gets asked it just gets ignored.

There was mention of the same sort of plan but instead of the 200GB download there was a 10Gb limit, and this was priced at $50.

Is this plan still going to go through for the current users, as Im sure a lot of low end users would prefer this.
As most low end users would be on $40 a month or lower and this new plan would be an increase of $20 or more.

But im sure could justify the charge increase to $10 more if there was a $50 plan with the same plan conditions as the 200GB plan (besides the download limit).

Thanks
Has there been an answer to this? I've read the whole thread and this question hasn't been answered by ForumAdmin.

When these changes were first announced ForumAdmin mentioned that a $50 plan was being looked at and details released the next week. As far as I can tell this hasn't happened yet.

Is a $50 plan still being considered?
Yes - it should be on the user facilities by the end of today.