Price Increase For Out Of Contract Customers - Continued

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
Pyotr

Re: Price Increase For Out Of Contract Customers - Continued

Post by Pyotr » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:24 pm

Is a $50 plan still being considered?

ForumAdmin: Yes - it should be on the user facilities by the end of today.
Is the $50 plan OCV10 only ? or will there be an OF10 made available?
I have a relative who is a very low user and who needs to change from her current expensive Optus/Exetel inclusive plan (plus $10 increase). She is being offered OT and OF plans but not OCV.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:36 pm

Pyotr wrote:

I have a relative who is a very low user and who needs to change from her current expensive Optus/Exetel inclusive plan (plus $10 increase). She is being offered OT and OF plans but not OCV.
Call sales, ask for Eromal or Diana and say that I authorised her to do a manual plan change.

G-Box

Post by G-Box » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:43 pm

Can I please have some clarification as to what will happen in terms of payment with the plan I am on.
Does my plan remain unchanged until the April?
What happens to this plan after April?

Thanks

Plan Type: FP-D2
Monthly Access Charge: $75.00
Peak Download Limit (Mbyte): 30000
Peak Period Option: 12:00pm - 12:00am
Excess Downloads per Gbyte: $0.50
OffPeak Download Limit (Mbyte): Unlimited
OffPeak Excess Downloads per Gbyte: N/A
Service Line Speed: 8192/384
Service Activation Date: 2010-04-01
Contract Period: 12 Months
Initial Contract End Date: 2011-04-01

vbap

Post by vbap » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:11 pm

Pyotr wrote:

That OCV10 is insanely good value - I hope it is appreciated being allowed to change to that from a non-Naked plan!

COmpare OT-PAYU, which is $45, no included usage and no included phone calls. For an extra $5, OCV10 gets you all the free local/national calls, plus 10gb anytime downloads!

sleeping247

Post by sleeping247 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:26 pm

Not sure if this has been covered, but I'm currently on a naked plan and am considering changing to OCV200.
The main calls we make are to China where VOIP rates are $0.02 a minute.
We only have one telephone handset which we envisage will be plugged into the PSTN line, but calls to China are $0.08 a minute + Connection Fee (from memory).
We'd like to take advantage of the $0.02 rate but would rather avoid the hassle of unplugging and replugging our phone from PSTN to VOIP each time.
A workout around would be to purchase the X Calling Card on the Gold Plan, which has the same $0.02 rate and no connection fee. Consider the OCV plan includes local calls, I would imagine that calls to the local access number would also be free.

Can anyone confirm if this is correct and if doing this is okay?

I've noticed on the application form, "I understand that my monthly access charge will increase by $10.00 per month if I choose to use another provider for long distance calls". Does this apply?

BenHolmes

Post by BenHolmes » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:37 pm

sleeping247 wrote:Not sure if this has been covered, but I'm currently on a naked plan and am considering changing to OCV200.
The main calls we make are to China where VOIP rates are $0.02 a minute.
We only have one telephone handset which we envisage will be plugged into the PSTN line, but calls to China are $0.08 a minute + Connection Fee (from memory).
We'd like to take advantage of the $0.02 rate but would rather avoid the hassle of unplugging and replugging our phone from PSTN to VOIP each time.
A workout around would be to purchase the X Calling Card on the Gold Plan, which has the same $0.02 rate and no connection fee. Consider the OCV plan includes local calls, I would imagine that calls to the local access number would also be free.

Can anyone confirm if this is correct and if doing this is okay?

I've noticed on the application form, "I understand that my monthly access charge will increase by $10.00 per month if I choose to use another provider for long distance calls". Does this apply?
Depending on what modem/router you've got you may be able to use the one handset and setup a dial plan to direct calls through the appropriate service (ie calls to china go via voip, local calls go via pstn). That way you don't have to worry about any unplugging etc. Doesn't really answer your question but may be an alternative solution depending on your equipment

hardya

Post by hardya » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:03 pm

The equivalent of an OVC10-plan for those of us not on naked would be warmly welcomed.

Or even with less or zero data included. e.g. $50/month for zero data ($1/GB) with included local/national/OptusMobile calls would be great.

Despite those complaining about the continuous changes of plans, I really think it is positive, showing how dynamic and responsive EXETEL is to the changing market and latest wholesaler offers.

:)

oliverchua

Post by oliverchua » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:15 pm

Hi,

I'm a bit tired about all the very frequent changes in Exetel plans and I'm thinking of moving on.

May I ask what is the next best plan outside Exetel that's less than $50 with >30 gig data.

Also, is it possible to move from a naked plan to another naked plan outside Exetel?

Thanks.

davro

Post by davro » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:05 am

The A* plans are with AAPT equipment (DSLAM [1]) at the exchange, the O* plans are with an Optus DSLAM, the T* plans use a Telstra DSLAM.

All DSL services options rely on which equipment is available at YOUR exchange. Those wanting the OCV plans _must_ have an Optus DSLAM at their exchange, those wanting A* plans must have an AAPT DSLAM -- if neither provider has the equipment, then you'll need a T* plan. Now .... all this is academic if the DSLAM you want to use doesn't have a spare port.

The bottom line is, you can only get an ADSL2 product of choice if the relevant wholesale provider has equipment at your exchange with an available port. Even then, there is no guarantee as you may be on a RIM [2] or suffering another "technology" blocker.

[1] http://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/dslam
[2] http://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/rim_remote ... ultiplexer[/quote]

Re the above which is a quote. I originally had problems changing my pstn from Telstra. (This was when I first signed with Exetel several years ago) If this turns out to be a still existent technology blocker that prevents me from changing to the plan I want, how long will it be before I know.

Bearing in mind I would prefer to change plans during this month.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:19 am

oliverchua wrote:May I ask what is the next best plan outside Exetel that's less than $50 with >30 gig data.
You may, but you most likely won't get a response. This is an *Exetel* forum after all
oliverchua wrote:Also, is it possible to move from a naked plan to another naked plan outside Exetel?
Usually, yes. But it depends more on the other ISP's provisioning process
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:21 am

davro wrote:I originally had problems changing my pstn from Telstra. (This was when I first signed with Exetel several years ago) If this turns out to be a still existent technology blocker that prevents me from changing to the plan I want, how long will it be before I know.
Phone lines are quite portable nowadays. There are a very small percentage of "non-portable" services on Telstra but for almost everyone, going from a Telstra provider phone line to another provider's phone line should not be difficult.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:24 am

sarasvasti wrote:Hi there,

I have a couple of questions relating to the OCV200/35 that I've signed on for ... apologies if they've been answered already:

1) re mobile service, I've been sent my exetel SIM card ... if I activate it tomorrow (i.e. 20/1/11) and start using it, what does that mean for the rest of this month given the plan doesn't start until 1st Feb? otherwise I'll just top up my prepaid with Optus and not activate my exetel SIM until 1st Feb if that's going to work out better? I recall reading the pro rata thing on the form when I signed it some time ago but not completely sure how it translates here? will i end up paying $35 for Jan for 10 days worth of mobile use?

2) re phone service, i've been advised that my VOIP no. has now been ported to PSTN and the change of plan has been completed. i've been using a different VOIP no. though (i.e. different to the one that has now been ported to PSTN) so I'm not sure what, if anything, i need to do ... nothing has changed, i still call out on that VOIP no. and people call in on it ... will the other PSTN no. just drop into my modem and phone line on the 1st of Feb or do I need to do something on the 1st of Feb? I just have a line from the wall socket into my modem (DSL socket) at present and a line from my modem into my phone ... I do want to use the PSTN line as of 1st of Feb re the free calls.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you :)
sarasvasti wrote:One other thing, I've just checked my members facility and it says under 'current ADSL service' that my OCV200/35 contract started on 18/1/11 and ends 18/1/12 but underneath that where it says 'your telephone plan details' it doesn't mention anything about the free calls and instead says:

Local Calls: $0.2 Per Call
STD Calls: $0.15 Per Minute
Calls To Mobiles: $0.35 Per Minute
International calls: click here
0.35 CONNECTION CHARGE APPLIES TO MOBILE CALL, NATIONAL CALL, INTERNATIONAL CALL

Is anyone else in the same boat or can anyone clarify for me?
I'll ask someone else to address your questions, but for question 2: Yes, the new PSTN will "just drop into your line". Basically, your phone line can carry two signals: data and voice. Right now, you are using the data part to make VOIP calls and browse the net. By moving to OCV plans, the voice part of the line is "uncrippled" and just starts working as normal meaning you can plug a phone straight into the wall socket and use it as normal. Nothing is stopping you from trying that now to see if the PSTN is already activated, but you will need to filter such a phone line to prevent it interfering with your ADSL & VOIP). Alternatively you can configure your modem to use PSTN fallback, plug your phone into the modem and use a special dialing prefix like "##" or something to force the call out on the PSTN fall back. This way the one handset can make and receive all calls, to and from the different VOIP no, and the newly ported VOIP->PSTN number

Idyll

OCV10, OCV200

Post by Idyll » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:58 am

Hi, I had just logged into Exetel and was about to change from NAK2A to OCV200 when I noticed today there is now a new plan OCV10.

Can I change between OCV200 and OCV10 without penalty if I change my mind?

I am wary that there will be yet another new, better, cheaper plan without notice, as I only changed plans from the 6GB to 10GB a few months ago for a $20 switching fee. From a brief skim of the first of the 20 pages of comments here, is it true this will be reimbursed?

And lastly a bit of a whinge: Why are there no notices about these plans on the first Exetel Login page? Or on the "Residential" webpage? It's so hard to find out about any new information and "look at the forums" means trawling through countless topics each with countless posts.

vbap

Re: OCV10, OCV200

Post by vbap » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:09 am

Idyll wrote: Can I change between OCV200 and OCV10 without penalty if I change my mind?
Interesting question - my guess is not, since these OCV plans are advertised as being a special offer for naked users until Jan 31.
So from Feb 1, I would guess OCV plans will not show up in your members area as a "Change Services" option - instead, I would guess only the OT/OF plans would be available. But a condition of OCV is a 12 month contract (relocations notwithstanding), so not sure whether you would be able to change to OT/OF within first 12 months (and you wouldn't want to anyway - OCV are much better value).

But that's me guessing - would need some Exetel confirmation (you could try calling or emailing Sales to get an answer)

Affinity

Post by Affinity » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:25 pm

It's been mentioned a couple of times "all phones connected directly to the socket.....", well you'll need to ensure those phones are filtered. No filtering for ADSL signal, filtering is required for any other phone equipment.