Price Increase For Out Of Contract Customers - Continued

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
John W

Re: Price Increase For Out Of Contract Customers - Continued

Post by John W » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:11 pm

Guys, my earlier response seems to have missed, or more probably I accidentally didn't send it.

" What exchange are you on? " HALL ACT - it's a small one, probably less than a couple of hundred subscribers, so not much interest to any service provider.

Cheers

John
John W

sable

Post by sable » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:59 pm

HALL is currently equipped with only Telstra infrastructure.

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:05 am

rm555 on Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:59 pm

paulp wrote:If you upgrade to the OCV plans and move within the contract there will be no charge, but it means the contract period will be reset to the date you've moved to your new place.

You might want to correct the FAQ with this information.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=37470#p286319

Q16. What happens if I relocate to a different premises on these new plans within the 12 month contract?

Specifically for OCV plans only our contract won't start again. We will use the original sign up date as the start of the 12 month period. Moving to a new place does not restart the contract.
thank you for that, we will change this now.

vbap

Post by vbap » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:12 am

OK, now I'm getting nervous :)

PaulP, will the forms for switching to OCV* plans be updated with the VoIP-to-PSTN port this week?

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:45 am

PaulP, will the forms for switching to OCV* plans be updated with the VoIP-to-PSTN port this week?
It will happen this afternon.

itsgarry

Post by itsgarry » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:03 pm

itsgarry wrote: Can one of the admins please post when the T8-PAYU plan becomes available in the Members Area. Hopefully before the end of the month :wink:
There is only a week before I get penalised for staying with my old plan.

Please, can the T8-PAYU plan be added to the member's area soon so I can switch to it....

Affinity

Post by Affinity » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:07 pm

paulp wrote:
Thank you, it is done now.

vbap

Post by vbap » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:23 pm

paulp wrote:
Thanks

Augh

Post by Augh » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:17 pm

Could Exetel please provide a summary of this thread for users who do not have the time to read through all these pages.
There have been quite a few valid questions asked and answered here plus info about what forms and options are available.
at the moment I am intesred in knowing what choices will be available once the offer is withdrawn on 31 Jan.
previous question: what would be contract break charge (expect it should be $40 as that is the waiver charge)

Affinity

Post by Affinity » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:30 pm

Augh wrote:previous question: what would be contract break charge (expect it should be $40 as that is the waiver charge)
This has been answered previously, in short, NOT entering into a contract at the cost of $40 is NOT like entering a contract (zero cost). If you break the contract, then the full $100 penalty fee will apply. Being on contract has multiple advantages, including the protection from price rises during the period and possibly the benefit to Exetel of a cheaper port cost if the wholesaler makes this available.

If you are on an Optus DSLAM product, then there is really only ONE reason not to re-contract, and that is when you are likely to move during the contract period AND your new location cannot support an Optus wholesale product there. Telstra DSLAM products can choose a 6 month contract, but again, the lock in of price may well be an advantage of the 12 month option. AAPT DSLAM product is a 12 month option. Breaking ANY contract will cost, choosing to not re-contract means the $40 fee is payable and you won't have "lock-in" pricing protection, which can be handy. You can always move b/w product options in the same product group -- being on a contract does not stop you doing that.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:05 am

Augh wrote:Could Exetel please provide a summary of this thread for users who do not have the time to read through all these pages.
The FAQ answers many common questions. You can see it on the Exetel website, or on the first post of this thread at viewtopic.php?f=4&t=37470
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

Bowersub

Post by Bowersub » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:35 pm

Okay, about to sign on for a new twelve month contract. One final question?

If we sign on to a new contract, we will be exempt from the $3 admin fee. We will still be charged the $1.10 credit card fee, though.

Is there any issue with changing from credit card to direct debit during the course of the contract? I assume that we can change payment method at any time before the billing date without problem?

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:44 pm

Bowersub wrote:Okay, about to sign on for a new twelve month contract. One final question?

If we sign on to a new contract, we will be exempt from the $3 admin fee. We will still be charged the $1.10 credit card fee, though.

Is there any issue with changing from credit card to direct debit during the course of the contract? I assume that we can change payment method at any time before the billing date without problem?
there is no $3 admin fee on the new plans, hasn't existed on any recent plans for quite a while now, the credit card fee still applies as usual

Bowersub

Post by Bowersub » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:48 pm

Cheers Jokin.

Please note the last para, though :)
i.e. If we start with paying for our plan via credit card, there's no issue with switching to direct debit, correct? Or back again?

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:35 pm

Bowersub wrote:Cheers Jokin.

Please note the last para, though :)
i.e. If we start with paying for our plan via credit card, there's no issue with switching to direct debit, correct? Or back again?
I don't believe that has ever been a problem