Price Increase For Out Of Contract Customers - Continued

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
davro

Re: Price Increase For Out Of Contract Customers - Continued

Post by davro » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:00 pm

I have been on a byo plan for some time. Line with Telstra. This was because I previously had difficulty changing over. I have applied for the ocv200 plan which looks excellent value. On completing the application my recolection is that it mentioned minutes as the time of being off line for telephone and adsl in the change over. I did subsequently try to access the application to see if my recolection was correct but could not access it. I see my service change states that a disconnection was ordered and it now states successful. I am now without adsl. (this is per my mobile). I did see on my application where it stated having to return equipment when my adsl was connected but I could not see where to apply for it or if in fact it was necessary. (After seeing the time disconected I wasnt concerned about it.) I contacted sales re another matter and the information they provided indicated it could take 10-14 days for Optus to connect me. I assume I am now without adsl until my connection is finalised. At least my phone is working. Who with I wouldnt know.

My phone only has a low access. I suppose I can go to McDonalds to access my email. This isnt the end of the world but any suggestions would be appreciated.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:00 am

davro wrote:On completing the application my recolection is that it mentioned minutes as the time of being off line for telephone and adsl in the change over.
Hmmm. It shouldn't have said that. AAPT provided services, like 'BYO line' have always been subject to 2-3 weeks downtime when changing to Optus-provided services, like 'OCV'.
davro wrote:I did see on my application where it stated having to return equipment when my adsl was connected but I could not see where to apply for it or if in fact it was necessary.
I'm not sure what you're referring to here.
davro wrote:My phone only has a low access. I suppose I can go to McDonalds to access my email. This isnt the end of the world but any suggestions would be appreciated.
[/quote]There is nothing you can do to speed up the provisioning. But keep testing the line because ADSL might become available up to 1 day before you get a confirmation email. Apart from that, utilise work, friend, and McDonalds internet and possibly even approach a neighbour to see if you can piggy back off their wireless network for a few weeks.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

Better Gary

Post by Better Gary » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:16 am

84 pages over two threads, I aint reading all that.

It seems we have just ended our first 6 month contract period on the 1500c plan, so I assume this applies to us? We are one of these older customers whose costs youve been absorbing? Apparently I cant have ADSL2 with exetel either as my exchange doesnt offer the same providers exetel use or something or other. And something about no longer offering naked adsl2, or was that only one provider? Its all too confusing.

So, whats the recommended plan that is much the same, or better at similar price for us? I also assume you can tell who we are from the username etc? No?

Also, if we take no action and incur the extra $10, we will be paying an additional $13 in total over the original price we signed on for? ($3 admin fee)

I understand the timing is for everyone, but I have to say, Im feeling a tad miffed. First I get hit with an additional $3 fee for more than half the period (which was fine), and then when I finally get to the part where im free of a contract, it will cost me an extra $10 to enjoy that freedom? And please, dont tell me Im free to choose another provider, Im tech challenged, but not an idiot. Or have I got that wrong, and wont be asked to resign to a contract period, merely a different plan structure.

davro

Post by davro » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:31 am

CoreyPlover wrote:
davro wrote:On completing the application my recolection is that it mentioned minutes as the time of being off line for telephone and adsl in the change over.
Hmmm. It shouldn't have said that. AAPT provided services, like 'BYO line' have always been subject to 2-3 weeks downtime when changing to Optus-provided services, like 'OCV'.

CoreyPlover. Thank you for your reply. I do wonder if as the ocv plan application was primarily meant for people changing from naked internet that some of the time frames quoted did not cover my situation.
davro wrote:I did see on my application where it stated having to return equipment when my adsl was connected but I could not see where to apply for it or if in fact it was necessary.
I'm not sure what you're referring to here.

I have seen people mention hspa equipment. I see in my service change area it mentions no application for it. Is this something that would give me access.
davro wrote:My phone only has a low access. I suppose I can go to McDonalds to access my email. This isnt the end of the world but any suggestions would be appreciated.
There is nothing you can do to speed up the provisioning. But keep testing the line because ADSL might become available up to 1 day before you get a confirmation email. Apart from that, utilise work, friend, and McDonalds internet and possibly even approach a neighbour to see if you can piggy back off their wireless network for a few weeks.[/quote]

Sure, as I have said, its not the end of the world. However if there is something that can be done easily, I would do it to improve things.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:15 am

Better Gary wrote:84 pages over two threads, I aint reading all that.

It seems we have just ended our first 6 month contract period on the 1500c plan, so I assume this applies to us? We are one of these older customers whose costs youve been absorbing? Apparently I cant have ADSL2 with exetel either as my exchange doesnt offer the same providers exetel use or something or other. And something about no longer offering naked adsl2, or was that only one provider? Its all too confusing.

So, whats the recommended plan that is much the same, or better at similar price for us? I also assume you can tell who we are from the username etc? No?

Also, if we take no action and incur the extra $10, we will be paying an additional $13 in total over the original price we signed on for? ($3 admin fee)

I understand the timing is for everyone, but I have to say, Im feeling a tad miffed. First I get hit with an additional $3 fee for more than half the period (which was fine), and then when I finally get to the part where im free of a contract, it will cost me an extra $10 to enjoy that freedom? And please, dont tell me Im free to choose another provider, Im tech challenged, but not an idiot. Or have I got that wrong, and wont be asked to resign to a contract period, merely a different plan structure.
Please go to the user facilities/change plans and see what your options are (only Telstra plans as neither AAPT nor Optus have ADSL2 in Nambour).

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:17 am

davro wrote:I have been on a byo plan for some time. Line with Telstra. This was because I previously had difficulty changing over. I have applied for the ocv200 plan which looks excellent value. On completing the application my recolection is that it mentioned minutes as the time of being off line for telephone and adsl in the change over. I did subsequently try to access the application to see if my recolection was correct but could not access it. I see my service change states that a disconnection was ordered and it now states successful. I am now without adsl. (this is per my mobile). I did see on my application where it stated having to return equipment when my adsl was connected but I could not see where to apply for it or if in fact it was necessary. (After seeing the time disconected I wasnt concerned about it.) I contacted sales re another matter and the information they provided indicated it could take 10-14 days for Optus to connect me. I assume I am now without adsl until my connection is finalised. At least my phone is working. Who with I wouldnt know.

My phone only has a low access. I suppose I can go to McDonalds to access my email. This isnt the end of the world but any suggestions would be appreciated.
Please call provisioning (they work on Australia Day) and ask them what the status of your line is.

Residential & Business Support/Sales/Provisioning

Phone (Sydney Users): (02) 8030 1000 (This is an Exetel VoIP number so Exetel VoIP users can call at no charge)

Phone (National): 1300 788 141 (This is an Exetel VoIP number so Exetel VoIP users can call at no charge)

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:00 pm

davro wrote:I have seen people mention hspa equipment. I see in my service change area it mentions no application for it. Is this something that would give me access.
HSPA is available in all areas, and is great for downtime, emergencies and travel (and in some cases where ADSL2+ is not available, HSPA can be quite viable as a main service possibly when combined with an antenna). Exetel used to offer a temporary HSPA modem and HSPA service for people with downtime in your position but not anymore. If you know anybody with a HSPA modem and plan you might ask to borrow it for the next 2-3 weeks but otherwise, the cost of the modem ($60-100?) and the lead time on provisioning a SIM card (several days) probably means that it is not viable for you to apply for it now, unless you think you'll use it afterwards as well
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

aweiss

Post by aweiss » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:36 pm

One more question ... I applied for the new plan around 2 weeks ago. The status is still pending.
What happens when the new months starts and I am still on the old plan?
Do I need to do anything to follow up? Or is this timeframe still normal?

Andreas

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:18 pm

aweiss, you'll stay pending until February when it will change. It is normal. Most plan changes are accounting entries, though some require exchange work. See also viewtopic.php?f=284&t=37584

itsgarry

Post by itsgarry » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:30 pm

itsgarry wrote:
itsgarry wrote: Can one of the admins please post when the T8-PAYU plan becomes available in the Members Area. Hopefully before the end of the month :wink:
There is only a week before I get penalised for staying with my old plan.

Please, can the T8-PAYU plan be added to the member's area soon so I can switch to it....
I am wondering if this will be in the Members Area prior to the end of the month. Getting annoyed to be forced to change plan and I can't even get an answer to a simple question about getting access to the plan I want to switch to.

Would suggest Exetel fixes the backend before forcing a plan change next time.

-Garry.

Better Gary

Post by Better Gary » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:21 am

ForumAdmin wrote:
Please go to the user facilities/change plans and see what your options are (only Telstra plans as neither AAPT nor Optus have ADSL2 in Nambour).
OK thanks for that.

But that doesnt help clear up the contract period question, or the plan change fee. In the posts Ive read in this and the other thread, Ive seen posts from yourself and quoted by Gidget that said no fee will be charged for changing plans. And another post from someone whose name was in blue saying theres no charge if you resign a new contract period. The implication was that to avoid the fee, you must agree to a new contract period. The page you refer me too says it will cost $40 if I continue the existing contract. Ive also noticed my contact doesnt actually expire until the 16th of Feb.

Im looking at T8-60. I dont want to be contracted again. So will I be paying an extra $40?

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:05 pm

Better Gary wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:
OK thanks for that.

But that doesnt help clear up the contract period question, or the plan change fee. In the posts Ive read in this and the other thread, Ive seen posts from yourself and quoted by Gidget that said no fee will be charged for changing plans. And another post from someone whose name was in blue saying theres no charge if you resign a new contract period. The implication was that to avoid the fee, you must agree to a new contract period. The page you refer me too says it will cost $40 if I continue the existing contract. Ive also noticed my contact doesnt actually expire until the 16th of Feb.

Im looking at T8-60. I dont want to be contracted again. So will I be paying an extra $40?
If you do nothing your current plan will remain on a month to month basis and you will pay an additional $10.00 per month from March 1st onwards.

I can't believe the user facilities say you will pay an additional $40.00 but if it does then please take that up with sales by telephone

Better Gary

Post by Better Gary » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:26 pm

Thanks again FA. I will get onto billing to find out, and post result of that here.

Also, 'User facility'? I cant actually find a page named user facility. I can only find members facility. I assume thats what you meant though.

Members facility page.
- Manage services (from left menu),
- change service (tab), I get to the following.

the first screencap is with existing contract option selected
- http://img716.imageshack.us/i/screenshot004lr.jpg/

the second is with a new contract period selected.
- http://img713.imageshack.us/i/screenshot005cp.jpg/

vbap

Post by vbap » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:39 pm

Those screen caps look correct to me. $40 to change plans with no contract, or $0 to change plans with a contract.

Maybe FA thought you meant you were being charged extra $40 evry month? The $40 is a one-off plan change fee.

Better Gary

Post by Better Gary » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:51 pm

vbap wrote:Those screen caps look correct to me. $40 to change plans with no contract, or $0 to change plans with a contract.

Maybe FA thought you meant you were being charged extra $40 evry month? The $40 is a one-off plan change fee.
The post Im referring to of FA's is in reference to the change of plan fee so I doubt FA is confused on that but thanks anyway. The post said there would be no change of plan fee charged to customers who opted to change to a new plan as a result of killing off old plans. Which Im happy enough to do, I lose 20gig of peak dl by doing so, but gain some speed. I never use the gb allowance anyway, I think I got close once with peak but nowhere near on the offpeak.