Price Increase For Out Of Contract Customers - Continued

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
ForumAdmin

Re: Price Increase For Out Of Contract Customers - Continued

Post by ForumAdmin » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:23 pm

bobolink wrote:Forumadmin, I want to make sure I have updated my plan before the end of the month ( to T256-PAYU ).Tried to do this on the New Clients site, which replied my registration already existed.Don't recall doing the change, so how can I check what plan I'm on, & change if necessary? Thanks.
Call sales.

thomashouseman

Post by thomashouseman » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:36 pm

Can Exetel please confirm that if we elect to stay on our existing plan if it will go up $10 or $7 (as we're already being hit with a $3 surcharge) on that plan. (so will I be paying $13 extra or $10 extra?)

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:27 pm

thomashouseman wrote:Can Exetel please confirm that if we elect to stay on our existing plan if it will go up $10 or $7 (as we're already being hit with a $3 surcharge) on that plan. (so will I be paying $13 extra or $10 extra?)
$10.00.

gong_guy

Post by gong_guy » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:52 pm

I have to change my Mum over to a new plan she is on ADSL1 1500K

If she signs a new contract is it 6months like churners pay or 12 months like the Optus plans?

The User Facilities does not say, maybe you should fix that.

Thanks

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:09 pm

gong_guy wrote:I have to change my Mum over to a new plan she is on ADSL1 1500K

If she signs a new contract is it 6months like churners pay or 12 months like the Optus plans?

Thanks
I will ask the appropriate person to fix it.

gong_guy

Post by gong_guy » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:20 pm

ForumAdmin wrote: I will ask the appropriate person to fix it.
Thanks but what is the answer? :)

Affinity

Post by Affinity » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:41 pm

gong_guy wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote: I will ask the appropriate person to fix it.
Thanks but what is the answer? :)
The answer is that ADSL1 users have a choice of 6 month contract or 12 month contract. The latter is good to lock in the plan for 12 months, ie, no more price changes. In either case, it is zero cost plan change.

Better Gary

Post by Better Gary » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:18 am

Affinity wrote:
gong_guy wrote: The latter is good to lock in the plan for 12 months, ie, no more price changes. In either case, it is zero cost plan change.
Not entirely true. I was on my first 6 month contract period, still am for 1 month, and have been paying the additional $3 admin charge for most of the period.

thomashouseman

Post by thomashouseman » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:30 am

Better Gary wrote:
Affinity wrote:
gong_guy wrote: The latter is good to lock in the plan for 12 months, ie, no more price changes. In either case, it is zero cost plan change.
Not entirely true. I was on my first 6 month contract period, still am for 1 month, and have been paying the additional $3 admin charge for most of the period.
Yeah same :(

Ravenous

Post by Ravenous » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:35 am

Affinity wrote: ie, no more price changes
A price variation that has a negative impact on the customer can still be made within the contract period so long as the appropriate notice along with the window of oppurtunity to cancel/churn without an early termination fee.

In other words there is no guarentee of no futher future price changes whilst in contract.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:10 pm

gong_guy wrote:I have to change my Mum over to a new plan she is on ADSL1 1500K

Thanks
ADSL1 plans have always been six months.

Steves

Post by Steves » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:25 pm

We wish to change to a A30 plan from the TL-C1, when we were checking plans last week there was no activation charge now there appears to be a $75.00 one but the agreement statement says 0.00 charge, can you please advise which it is, thank you.
Steve

sable

Post by sable » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:37 pm

Steves wrote:We wish to change to a A30 plan from the TL-C1, when we were checking plans last week there was no activation charge now there appears to be a $75.00 one but the agreement statement says 0.00 charge, can you please advise which it is, thank you.
Steve
Steve, you are moving fromTelstra to Powertel infrastructure, my member facility has the $75 activation fee, however applying as a new user has $0 activation fee, suggest you email residentialsales@exetel.com.au with your query.

Syalinho

Post by Syalinho » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:47 pm

Hi,

There is only one day to make change.

My plan is moving from ADSL1 to OCV plans. But I still cannot fully understand the detailed information when I went further. It said :
4.Exetel's provisioning system checks to see when the AAPT codes are actually removed from your line (approximately 5 days).
I think it means the AAPT will cancel my ADSL1 within approximately 5 days if Optus can provide phone and ADSL2 service to me. Am I right?
6. The Order will then take anywhere from 10-14 days to complete by Optus.

7. Once completed we will advise you your new ADSL2 service is operational and you will then have up to 2 weeks after activation to return the unit to Exetel.
Does it mean I will have up to 14 days without ADSL to use when I move from ADSL1 to OCV plans?

If I move to ADSL2 but still stay in AAPT plan (such as A30), it does not have any waiting day or time to use ADSL2 from AAPT. Am I right?

Thanks.

Syalinho

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:17 am

Syalinho wrote:
4.Exetel's provisioning system checks to see when the AAPT codes are actually removed from your line (approximately 5 days).
I think it means the AAPT will cancel my ADSL1 within approximately 5 days if Optus can provide phone and ADSL2 service to me. Am I right?
6. The Order will then take anywhere from 10-14 days to complete by Optus.
7. Once completed we will advise you your new ADSL2 service is operational and you will then have up to 2 weeks after activation to return the unit to Exetel.
Does it mean I will have up to 14 days without ADSL to use when I move from ADSL1 to OCV plans?
I think there is some sort of confusion, are you currently on Telstra ADSL1 or AAPT ADSL2+? Your interpretation of the above comments is correct, but they are only applicable when moving from AAPT ADSL2+ to Optus ADSL2+. When moving from Telstra ADSL1 to Optus ADSL2+ no codes need to be removed beforehand and there is negligible downtime.
Syalinho wrote:If I move to ADSL2 but still stay in AAPT plan (such as A30), it does not have any waiting day or time to use ADSL2 from AAPT. Am I right?
Moving from an old AAPT plan (like BYO Line) to A30 is simply a billing / contract change. There is no downtime or waiting time. Moving from Telstra ADSL1+ to AAPT ADSL2+ is a different process, but is also streamlined and incurs no downtime
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au