Price Increase For Out Of Contract Customers - Continued

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
Syalinho

Re: Price Increase For Out Of Contract Customers - Continued

Post by Syalinho » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:22 am

Thank you, CoreyPlover
I think there is some sort of confusion, are you currently on Telstra ADSL1 or AAPT ADSL2+? Your interpretation of the above comments is correct, but they are only applicable when moving from AAPT ADSL2+ to Optus ADSL2+. When moving from Telstra ADSL1 to Optus ADSL2+ no codes need to be removed beforehand and there is negligible downtime.

Moving from an old AAPT plan (like BYO Line) to A30 is simply a billing / contract change. There is no downtime or waiting time. Moving from Telstra ADSL1+ to AAPT ADSL2+ is a different process, but is also streamlined and incurs no downtime.
My current plan is NF/512. My current telephone provider is Telstra. Does it mean my current ADSL1 provider is Telstra also? If it is, there is negligible waiting time from Telstra ADSL1 to Optus ADSL2?

Regards,
Syalinho

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:46 am

Syalinho wrote:
My current plan is NF/512. My current telephone provider is Telstra. Does it mean my current ADSL1 provider is Telstra also? If it is, there is negligible waiting time from Telstra ADSL1 to Optus ADSL2?

Regards,
Syalinho
You are correct - your 512k service is delivered over a Telstra PSTN service that can be simply transferred to Optus with minimal down time.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:53 am

Syalinho wrote:My current plan is NF/512. My current telephone provider is Telstra. Does it mean my current ADSL1 provider is Telstra also? If it is, there is negligible waiting time from Telstra ADSL1 to Optus ADSL2?
Yup. Telstra...probably

Can you just do one check: Post your modem's line stats (post the model here if you don't know how and I'll guide you). I only ask because a while ago, Exetel upgraded a lot of ADSL1 plans automatically to AAPT ADSL2+ plans, but the plan name and costs continued unchanged. Your line stats will say whether you are truly on Telstra ADSL1
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

Syalinho

Post by Syalinho » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:01 am

Thanks CoreyPlover

My modem model is NetComm NB1. Please tell me how to know my ADSL1 provider.

Regards,
Syalinho

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:21 am

Go to http://192./168.1.1 (Default username is admin and default password is admin but you might have changed them to something else when you configured the modem)
Under Status -> Modem Status, post the stats that you see in this screen (i.e. the US and DS rate, and the trained modulation, but might as well post the US and DS Margin, and the US and DS line attenuation while you are at it for further comments).
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

Syalinho

Post by Syalinho » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:42 am

Here it is.

Modem Status

Connection Status Connected
Us Rate (Kbps) 1021
Ds Rate (Kbps) 7555
US Margin 9
DS Margin 8
Trained Modulation ADSL2Plus
LOS Errors 0
DS Line Attenuation 37
US Line Attenuation 21

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:47 am

You are on AAPT ADSL2+

Syalinho

Post by Syalinho » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:59 am

CoreyPlover wrote:You are on AAPT ADSL2+
Wow...

So, it means I will have up to 14 days without ADSL to use when I move from AAPT ADSL1 (or AAPT ADSL2+, whatever) to OCV plans?

Up to half month without ADSL to use is terrible. Could it be shorter?

Regards,
Syalinho

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:33 pm

First, you should email residentialsupport@exetel.com.au to double check that you are, in fact, on AAPT ADSL2+, but I'm very sure you are because your modem is syncing at ADSL2+ speeds and the only way I know for this to have occurred is via an automatic AAPT upgrade some time in the past.

If this is the case, then yes: 2-3 weeks downtime if you want OCV (or any Optus based) plan. This might be shorter depending on the carriers' workload, but you're looking 1-2 weeks at the very least; there is no way around this other than to piggy back of a neighbour's wireless or get a temporary 3G service for the interim. However, you can move to the A plans (i.e. A30) without any downtime as this will simply be a billing changeover

smithi

Post by smithi » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:47 pm

For my home connection, I've already moved to a T1.5-PAYU plan, no problem.

For the local community radio station that I admin, we've been considering going from our ancient TELU (512/512) to an 8Mbit plan, despite the reduced upload speed .. we send a ~192kbps audio stream 24/7 so would have severely reduced bandwidth for mail, website, podcast uploads etc, but the TELU, already hurting, will now be going to $103/month.

Up until now we've had only Telstra ADSL2 offered at this exchange (barely cheaper), but today I see that AAPT No Telephone ADSL2 plans are offered to us now, which if true may be ideal for us; we're near the exchange so would expect uploads over 512kbps.

However I doubt we can both confirm availability and organise Committee approval by this evening, so my questions are:

1) If we pay the extra out-of-contract $10 fee for Feb, will we still have the option to change to a T8 plan on contract next month at the $0 plan change fee? Or is that a one-off?

2) If we can indeed now get the AAPT plans here, would there be any/much downtime in changing from the T to the A plan? I assume we'd pay the $75 plan change fee, and again, will that still be the same during next month?

Thanks, Ian

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:55 pm

smithi wrote:For my home connection, I've already moved to a T1.5-PAYU plan, no problem.

For the local community radio station that I admin, we've been considering going from our ancient TELU (512/512) to an 8Mbit plan, despite the reduced upload speed .. we send a ~192kbps audio stream 24/7 so would have severely reduced bandwidth for mail, website, podcast uploads etc, but the TELU, already hurting, will now be going to $103/month.

Up until now we've had only Telstra ADSL2 offered at this exchange (barely cheaper), but today I see that AAPT No Telephone ADSL2 plans are offered to us now, which if true may be ideal for us; we're near the exchange so would expect uploads over 512kbps.

However I doubt we can both confirm availability and organise Committee approval by this evening, so my questions are:

1) If we pay the extra out-of-contract $10 fee for Feb, will we still have the option to change to a T8 plan on contract next month at the $0 plan change fee? Or is that a one-off?

2) If we can indeed now get the AAPT plans here, would there be any/much downtime in changing from the T to the A plan? I assume we'd pay the $75 plan change fee, and again, will that still be the same during next month?

Thanks, Ian
What you should do is email:

melanieb@exetel.com.au

and see if you can get a contra deal for your monthly ADSL plan cost.

If you run some ads for us we give you the connection.

In any event we will make sure you get the plan you want next month via Melanie.

xsilver

Post by xsilver » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:12 pm

Is there an email confirmation other than the
Thank you for upgrading your naked ADSL2 to bundled ADSL2 and telephone line rental service (including all local and long distance calls) from Exetel Pty Ltd.

You will receive updates on the progress of your application via email to this address: xxx@gmail.com

If this address is out of date would you please visit the Exetel User Facilities and update it.
I havent received any emails other than this and this one doesnt state the exact plan Im changing to.

Just want to make sure everything is ok for the switch over tomorrow as the OCV plans are being withdrawn today too?
In the user facilities it still states my old plan (of course)

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:33 pm

xsilver wrote:Is there an email confirmation other than the
Thank you for upgrading your naked ADSL2 to bundled ADSL2 and telephone line rental service (including all local and long distance calls) from Exetel Pty Ltd.

You will receive updates on the progress of your application via email to this address: xxx@gmail.com

If this address is out of date would you please visit the Exetel User Facilities and update it.
I havent received any emails other than this and this one doesnt state the exact plan Im changing to.

Just want to make sure everything is ok for the switch over tomorrow as the OCV plans are being withdrawn today too?
In the user facilities it still states my old plan (of course)
That's the only email confirmation.

Your user facilities will change to show the new plan once Optus have advised Exetel that has been done.

The physical change may not be tomorrow as Optus have advised us that we have submitted far more changes than they were expecting but you don't need to worry - it will happen very close to the 1st day of the month and all usage will be based on the new plan.

QPR_FC

Post by QPR_FC » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:13 pm

paulp wrote:Hi QPR_FC,

These should be done within 24-48 hours from now.

96 hours and counting....Still waiting for my PSTN to be issued/advised.
OR
504 hours since my plan change request whereby i was informed 5 business days (120 hours)

When will we be advised of our new PSTN?....I have a friends/family/business partners that need to know my new telephone number as of tomorrow!!!

original post:
Exetel made the Order request to change my service from Naked NF22 to OCV200 a couple of weeks ago whilst on the phone to Sales...they told me my new PSTN would arrive within 5 business days....its been 10 and counting.

I really need this new PSTN to update all my contacts/accounts etc.

When are the new PSTN being sent out if they haven't been already? If they have, would you please look into this for me?

Steven

CorporateVoIP

Post by CorporateVoIP » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:36 pm

QPR_FC wrote: 96 hours and counting....Still waiting for my PSTN to be issued/advised.
OR
504 hours since my plan change request whereby i was informed 5 business days (120 hours)

When will we be advised of our new PSTN?....I have a friends/family/business partners that need to know my new telephone number as of tomorrow!!!
In the meantime, your VoIP will continue to work unaffected. Perhaps this will suffice whilst the backlog of requests is processed.