Price Increase For Out Of Contract Customers - Continued

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
Mort

Re: Price Increase For Out Of Contract Customers - Continued

Post by Mort » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:47 am

paulp wrote:- It will be implemented so that it should be completed at the same time was when the plan changes have been made. Obviously we will have to do some 'patch work' for those that have already ordered and wish to do this.
I guess this might be the answer to my earlier question as well. Can I order the new service now and assume that it will be possible one way or the other to eventually replace the "new" PSTN service with a ported number (from VoIP or other existing PSTN)?
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:07 am

The three higher end OT plans (OT60, OT100 and OT200) now have free local, national and calls to Optus mobile numbers included in the monthly cost.

vbap

Post by vbap » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:15 am

ForumAdmin wrote:The three higher end OT plans (OT60, OT100 and OT200) now have free local, national and calls to Optus mobile numbers included in the monthly cost.
And the OCV plans are now removed, I guess to clarify that they are only available for current Naked users to switch to.
I had been trying to get my parents to switchover from their iiNet+Telstra to the OCV200...! Oh well, I guess $60/month for all of that for new customers was too good to be true!
Now have to work out which of OT-PAYU or OT60 is of better value for them.

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:25 am

I guess this might be the answer to my earlier question as well. Can I order the new service now and assume that it will be possible one way or the other to eventually replace the "new" PSTN service with a ported number (from VoIP or other existing PSTN)?
Yes. There will be a way for those that have already ordered, but it will have to be a request as I mentioned previously because we will be incorporating this on the form upon changing plan in one hit.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:37 am

vbap wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:The three higher end OT plans (OT60, OT100 and OT200) now have free local, national and calls to Optus mobile numbers included in the monthly cost.
And the OCV plans are now removed, I guess to clarify that they are only available for current Naked users to switch to.
I had been trying to get my parents to switchover from their iiNet+Telstra to the OCV200...! Oh well, I guess $60/month for all of that for new customers was too good to be true!
They were always intended for current Exetel 'naked' users only. They are amazing 'value' for those users because of the 'funding' in place from Optus.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:43 am

ForumAdmin wrote:They were always intended for current Exetel 'naked' users only
This is something that wasn't clear to me either, but I will make sure to stress it from now on. Previously I directed enquiries of people on, say, INCPHONE and NF/INCTEL plans to contact residentialsales@exetel.com.au to see if they can apply for OCV plans.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

Wob76

Post by Wob76 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:02 pm

paulp wrote:
Yes. There will be a way for those that have already ordered, but it will have to be a request as I mentioned previously because we will be incorporating this on the form upon changing plan in one hit.
Can you give us any idea of time frame for when the form might be updated? I would like to get my change under way but sounds like I am best to wait for the form to update to limit confusion.

Regards,
Beau

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:06 pm

Can you give us any idea of time frame for when the form might be updated? I would like to get my change under way but sounds like I am best to wait for the form to update to limit confusion.

Regards,
Beau
aiming for end of next week.

michhes

Post by michhes » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:10 pm

As a long-term customer with Exetel, I was once on a 12 month contract, which has now lapsed.

Why is Exetel forcing us into a new contract/asking for payment of $40 to waive the contact? Imo we should be transitioned to the new plans with no contract/fee.

Mort

Post by Mort » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:10 pm

I suspect I know the answer already, but if you don't ask...

When I had my naked service provisioned, I had to "switch back" to Telstra first to get a full phone number service that was then ported to Optus and turned back into a naked service. Even though it isn't a working phone number atm, I still use that number as my Exetel service number (e.g. logging into forums and self service pages)

1. It is actually a really good number and I was sad to see it "lost", but is there any chance it would (or could) be the number that my new PSTN service is assigned?

2. When we get the new PSTN service, will we then have a new service number to use for the user facilities etc or will we continue to use out existing ones?
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:33 pm

michhes wrote:As a long-term customer with Exetel, I was once on a 12 month contract, which has now lapsed.

Why is Exetel forcing us into a new contract/asking for payment of $40 to waive the contact? Imo we should be transitioned to the new plans with no contract/fee.
I assume because it is just not economically feasible. The new offers have things like free phone calls, etc which can only be provided at the nominated price in return for a 12 month contract
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:35 pm

nicholastyc wrote:
patient wrote:Is it possible to avoid the 12 month contract? I read something about a $40 fee as an alternative to being locked into a contract, is this correct or only for current 'in contract' customers (i am out of contract).
I would like to know about this as well...
I have been searching for this on all the topic..or i missed out.. thanksssss!
I would think that anyone can pay the $40 and avoid a new 12 month contract. If the option doesn't appear on the application form by the end of the week, email residentialsales@exetel.com.au to enquire

CraigA

Post by CraigA » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:38 pm

Hi.

1. On my change plan page ADSL2 T... PAYU plan is $1/gb excess, on my mum's page A... PAYU plan is $2/gb excess, is this correct?

2. The PAYU plans have N/A for both peek & off-peek, so if they are both not applicable then is the excess charged on the total usage in a single billing period rounded up to nearest gigabyte?

Thanks.

hohum

Forward VoIP calls to PSTN number

Post by hohum » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:41 pm

Hi,

OK - I try again - 3rd time I ask this question, no response. Please can I have a response?

Can I set up a call forward on my VoIP number back to my PSTN number, will this cost me money for each call, and if the PSTN line does not pick up can the VoIP answering service forward me messages via email ?

I ask because my old ATA which I could use both PSTN and VoIP and program what calls to route to what is broken and I'd prefer not to buy a new one. I don't want to run around telling everyone a new number yet again. So this seems to be a sensible option. The VoIP answering machine thing is not important - my phone can do it - I just prefer to get my messages via email if that is possible.

An answer? Pwetty pwease? I'd even consider sleeping with someone if I had to to get it.

Affinity

Post by Affinity » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:44 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:
vbap wrote:
They were always intended for current Exetel 'naked' users only. They are amazing 'value' for those users because of the 'funding' in place from Optus.
Is it not possible to offer these to new customers? It was looking like an excellent choice for new customers as well as anybody on any current Exetel Naked plan.

New users means potentially many more customers for Exetel.