Price Increase For Out Of Contract Customers - Continued

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
dmac76

Re: Price Increase For Out Of Contract Customers - Continued

Post by dmac76 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:13 pm

My question is whether the wireline (if indeed it is ever activated) will have the same number it originally did (before i changed to naked)?

Again - no.

CraigA

Post by CraigA » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:28 pm

paulp wrote:Corey is spot on there. PAYU is as it implies, and the rate is what they pay per gig.
The $1 per gig is for other packaged plans on OPtus or Telstra infrastructure in regards to excess.
AAPT based plans have a $2.00 per gb download cost.
As all PAYG plans have no included data all downloads are charged at either $1.00 (for Optus and Telstra) or $2.00 for AAPT.
... and is separately billed per peek/off peek ...
paulp wrote: The difference in charges is because of the difference in back haul charges from the different carriers.
Thanks, when you describe it like this it seems so simple and understandable, whereas exetel's 'table' approach [at least initially] leaves out the finer details. Thanks to both of you for clearing that up.
Craig.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:38 pm

thomashouseman wrote:If I'm "In contract" with an add-on FREE wireless plan (OTA-W) at $10/month for the year to pay off the modem, do I still get to keep the free wireless part of my plan if I move to a new "current" plan? I like one of the new plans and the fact that if I move plans I lose the $3 admin charge but don't want to lose my free wireless! If not are there any other options avail. like moving it to a WBP plan without plan change/break contract fees etc?
Please email:

paulp@exetel.com.au

thomashouseman

Post by thomashouseman » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:57 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:
thomashouseman wrote:If I'm "In contract" with an add-on FREE wireless plan (OTA-W) at $10/month for the year to pay off the modem, do I still get to keep the free wireless part of my plan if I move to a new "current" plan? I like one of the new plans and the fact that if I move plans I lose the $3 admin charge but don't want to lose my free wireless! If not are there any other options avail. like moving it to a WBP plan without plan change/break contract fees etc?
Please email:

paulp@exetel.com.au
Done, thanks!

nihonjin

Post by nihonjin » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:48 pm

My only question i have now and forgive me if it has been asked but i cant recall it being answered yet.

Im am on a plan using the powertel exchange so if i change over to one of the new optus naked pstn plans will i have any downtime in the changeover and if so how long?

thanks.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:51 pm

For those posters whose posts have been deleted - read the forum rules which are, in essence:

1) Either ask a relevant to the topic question.

2) Answer a question that has been asked by another poster.

If you want to make off topic remarks, make snide comments, slander Exetel or its personnel or generally 'editorialise' find another place where that sort of thing is allowed - it isn't here and people who do those things are unwelcome.

This forum is, solely, to help Exetel customers ask questions and acquire information or to allow other customers with more knowledge to help the questioner.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:53 pm

nihonjin wrote:My only question i have now and forgive me if it has been asked but i cant recall it being answered yet.

Im am on a plan using the powertel exchange so if i change over to one of the new optus naked pstn plans will i have any downtime in the changeover and if so how long?

thanks.
Exetel is no longer offering 'naked' services to either new or current users.

peter_mcc

Post by peter_mcc » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:08 pm

Hi.

From reading the first thread it appeared to me that the Optus "ADSL2+Telephone" people were going to be allowed to change to the OCV200 plan "later in the week". I sat and waited, checking the forum to see if the change would be announced and to see if it would appear in the user facilities.

So far not only hasn't it appeared but the OCV plans have disappeared totally. I wanted to change to the OCV200 plan because it was a great match for my usage. Is this possible? I did ask in the earlier thread but never saw a reply.

regards
peter

Syalinho

Post by Syalinho » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:32 pm

CoreyPlover wrote:
Syalinho wrote:I am with ADSL1 and would like to change to “A30” plan. According to the "change plan" website, this plan is a “ADSL2 (no telephone)” plan.
Can I change to “A30” plan and still keep my existing landline (telephone)?
Yes. This is exactly what happens when moving from ADSL1 to an A plan. Provided your exchange is AAPT enabled, and there are spare ports, what will happen is that the ADSL1 codes will be removed and ADSL2 provisioned in place. Your Telstra provided landline stays exactly as is and so you will end up paying Exetel the A plan cost and Telstra the line rental cost
Many thanks to Affinity, CoreyPlover, and ForumAdmin,

I would like to repeat after your informations.

From my “change plan” website information, two kinds of plans are available for me. One is “A” plan and the other is “O” plan. So, this means AAPT and Optus are two providers in my exchange.

My landline provider is Telstra.

If I change to “A30” plan, it means I still have my Telstra as my landline provider. I will pay ADSL cost to Exetel and telephone fee to Telstra.

Hope all above are correct.

But, if I change to “OVC200” (ADSL2 and telephone) plan, does it mean Optus will be my landline provider? Then, can I keep my current telephone number? What is the telephone rate?

Thanks.

Affinity

Post by Affinity » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:38 pm

Syalinho wrote:From my “change plan” website information, two kinds of plans are available for me. One is “A” plan and the other is “O” plan. So, this means AAPT and Optus are two providers in my exchange.

My landline provider is Telstra.

If I change to “A30” plan, it means I still have my Telstra as my landline provider. I will pay ADSL cost to Exetel and telephone fee to Telstra.

Hope all above are correct.

But, if I change to “OVC200” (ADSL2 and telephone) plan, does it mean Optus will be my landline provider? Then, can I keep my current telephone number? What is the telephone rate?
Even though your user facilities is showing the AAPT set of plans, you probably need to do a check on your number anyway to be more sure.

If you are able to choose the OCV plans, then Exetel will bill your land line as your provider using the Optus Wholesale product option.

Your land line (PSTN) number will remain as is. OCV plans include line rental in the plan cost.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:58 am

Augh wrote:1. How much would it cost to break the contract? considering I can pay $40 to waive the contract I expect the contract break charged should also be $40?
The $40 only prevents the extension of the new contract, not a waiver of contract; you still continue with whatever contract you have at the moment so you cannot compare it to a "early termination fee" which is $100
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

mjsgh

Post by mjsgh » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:16 am

ForumAdmin wrote:
dmac76 wrote:
My question is whether the wireline will have the same number it originally did (before i changed to naked)?
No.
Do I get to choose a new landline number then? If yes, how and when do I do this?

Thanks
M

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:39 am

mjsgh wrote:
Do I get to choose a new landline number then? If yes, how and when do I do this?

Thanks
M
You cannot choose a new PSTN number.

Check Paul's posts on the various options for porting a VoIP number as your new PSTN number.

mjsgh

Post by mjsgh » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:00 am

ForumAdmin wrote:
mjsgh wrote:

Thanks
M
You cannot choose a new PSTN number.

Check Paul's posts on the various options for porting a VoIP number as your new PSTN number.
Oh...ok. So porting of a VoIP number to the new PSTN is that like forwarding the VoIP incoming call? So there will be a VoIP call charge?

mjsgh

Post by mjsgh » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:19 am

jokiin wrote: porting means that your VoIP number would be converted back to a regular PSTN service, if you still want to use VoIP for incoming calls then you would need a new DID allocated
Reading the various posts here, I was of the understanding that you could not do that. You might only be able to do that if you port your old PSTN number to VoIP when joining. At the time when I joined Exetel as a naked customer, that feature was not available to me.