Billing Date Change

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
woodle

Re: Billing Date Change

Post by woodle » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:46 am

Nope, none the wiser.

Edit: I get the point that you can have sweeteners to attract new customers, but these are completely different products. The video store doesn't have some videos that you're not allowed to rent if you already have an account. And there's no point attracting new customers with products that make a loss if at the same time you are driving away your existing customers.

Exetel offers a range of services with a range of pricing models. Either those products are profitable or they are not, it makes absolutely no difference who is paying.

In any case you didn't answer my question, when can I leave?

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:47 am

woodle wrote:
1) Exetel offers a range of services with a range of pricing models. Either those products are profitable or they are not, it makes absolutely no difference who is paying.

2) In any case you didn't answer my question, when can I leave?
1) It makes a VERY BIG difference if, in this instance, the carrier is effectively paying $200 towards the cost of providing this plan. It must be obvious that plan is $200.00 lower cost to Exetel than other plans.

2) If you are out of contract then you can leave at any time of your choosing.

woodle

Post by woodle » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:44 pm

OK, let's try that again from the top.

My contract expires on 1/4/2011.

The TCV20-REGION-200 plan is now available in the members area, it's close enough to the one I wanted, appears to be just an extra $10 I guess because it's regional.

So I need to put in my plan change before 27th February (as per viewtopic.php?f=4&t=37637&start=30#p288277)? And select "New 12 months contract"? And that will start on 28th Feb? Or do I then wait a month before it takes effect? I'm currently on ADSL1, the new plan is ADSL2.

Edit: Just noticed in the "Agreement" section it says "If you are changing plans within the same carrier's network no break in contract is involved.". So this means I can change any time with no penalties?

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:59 pm

woodle wrote:OK, let's try that again from the top.

My contract expires on 1/4/2011.

The TCV20-REGION-200 plan is now available in the members area, it's close enough to the one I wanted, appears to be just an extra $10 I guess because it's regional.

So I need to put in my plan change before 27th February (as per viewtopic.php?f=4&t=37637&start=30#p288277)? And select "New 12 months contract"? And that will start on 28th Feb? Or do I then wait a month before it takes effect? I'm currently on ADSL1, the new plan is ADSL2.

Edit: Just noticed in the "Agreement" section it says "If you are changing plans within the same carrier's network no break in contract is involved.". So this means I can change any time with no penalties?
Pick up the telephone and call Exetel Sales. Forums are not the appropriate place to discuss details of your particular circumstances and no-one here can help you.