Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Billing Date Change

Post by jokiin » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:51 pm

aglenday wrote:
jokiin wrote:
aglenday wrote:
Actually its quite easy. I run my own DNS and mail server and have to change the DNS settings to Exetel's DNS so it redirects me to the failed payment page. I do know I can get the 3 day grace period but I have to go back to the office and change the DNS settings for that to happen.
could just be me missing something here but why do you need to go to the site and change DNS settings etc?
Seriously? You're a site admin and you're asking that? Ok here goes. Exetel basically drop a clients connection and log them in to a seperate section of their network when their payments fail. The then hijack DNS requests and redirect them to the failed payment page. Since I run my own DNS server and I query a DNS server outside of Exetel's network, when I have been logged into the failed payment portal any connections to the external DNS server time out causing a page cannot be displayed message. Once I change the settings to point to Exetel's DNS servers any page I go to redirects me to Exetel's "you're a deadbeat, pay up" page.
Yes I understand about the redirection and how your altered settings break that, just couldn't follow why you were going into the settings to change DNS etc to get to a blocked page for failed payment, I manage a few services for other people who are unfortunately unreliable with their credit card payments and anytime they get blocked I just login to the account portal from wherever I'm at and either process their payment or unblock as per the option given with payment to be made within the agreed period

damobro

Post by damobro » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:36 pm

Original libelous content deleted.

A very unfortunate first post on this forum.

It seems that you need to actually read what is said.

chrisphillips73

Post by chrisphillips73 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:27 pm

jokiin wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:
Over the next few days we will consider having two bill runs per month - one remaining on the first working day of each month and one on the 15th of each month....or perhaps 4 bill runs on the first four Mondays or Fridays of each month.
have been thinking about this, lots of positives I guess to splitting the billing up, cash flow seems obvious, I take it if you were to split the billing periods then that would then mean that plan changes may not be possible/practical to happen on the first of each month like they do now otherwise you'd have to be dealing with prorata charges etc and will have to be done by billing date so the side benefit I see to having multiple billing periods is that as opposed to the current situation where everything happens on the first of the month meaning anything that can go wrong, payment defaults, system issues related to new plans etc will be spread over two or four periods each month so the staff members that have to deal with those issues currently each month would have their workload spread more evenly throughout the month

say if for example new plans were offered and there was some coding error that was mucking up call records or billing info or whatever (nice to think they wouldn't happen but the best laid plans don't always work out) and there was four billing periods each month only 25% of the customers that wanted to change to the new plans would be able to, a much smaller amount of support calls for work orders that hadn't been completed, if there was any coding error etc a much smaller group of customers affected, quite possible a coding error or similar could be fixed before the next billing run so the other 75% of customers don't get impacted at all

I've often noticed at the beginning of each month a spike in forum activity due to some billing queries, pending plan changes or whatever and many a time I've seen customers asked to just be patient as the beginning of the month is a very busy period for anything accounts related so it does seem that the people that have to deal with any issues do have a greater workload after the billing run, I think splitting the billing up could be good for end users due to support staff not having large backlogs to deal with so quicker resolutions, if that was the case it would have to be better for the staff as well I would think

I wasn't so sure about it at first but the more I look at it the more benefits I think there are for all involved
The benefits of continuous flows vs batching are well understood in the manufacturing industry - an can be applied virtually universally. Creating continuous process flow to bring problems to the surface and leveling out the workload (heijunka) are key concept within the Toyota Production System.

Mulder

Post by Mulder » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:31 am

Original text deleted - breaks all forum rules and benefits nobody.

iRod

Post by iRod » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:40 pm

can someone please just tell me what i will be charged on the first of march ? i usually pay $63 on the 1st of the month and i know its changing on 28th march but how much am i paying for february's usage ? :?:

Sailor43

Post by Sailor43 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:34 pm

With this change how will it effect your payment for a phone bundled to your Exetel Account. Will that payment change also change regarding the Landline?

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:42 pm

iRod wrote:can someone please just tell me what i will be charged on the first of march ? i usually pay $63 on the 1st of the month and i know its changing on 28th march but how much am i paying for february's usage ? :?:
If you only have one service with Exetel then on 1st March 2011 you will be charged 27/31 of your $63.00 monthly charge for the period 1st March 2011 to 27th March 2011..

On 28th March 2011 you will b charged $63.00 for the period 28th march 2011 to April 27th 2011.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:43 pm

Sailor43 wrote:With this change how will it effect your payment for a phone bundled to your Exetel Account. Will that payment change also change regarding the Landline?
It will change your bill period from 1st of the month to 28th/30th/31st of the month to 28th of the month to 27th of the following month.

bairdn

Post by bairdn » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:47 pm

I'm just a tad annoyed with this - I also get paid on the 1st and 15th of the month. I don't know anyone who gets paid on the 28th.
The worst part of this is that I've just been recommending Exetel to the Homestay networks as a lot of homestay hosts would be much better off on Exetel than their current providers.

While I understand that Exetel's T&C's can be changed at any time, doing this just after signing up for another contract is bl00dy annoying. Not quite enough to make me leave, but getting close.

How about setting the billing period to the 28th, but taking the DD's out on the 1st?

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:52 pm

bairdn wrote:I'm just a tad annoyed with this - I also get paid on the 1st and 15th of the month. I don't know anyone who gets paid on the 28th.
The worst part of this is that I've just been recommending Exetel to the Homestay networks as a lot of homestay hosts would be much better off on Exetel than their current providers.

While I understand that Exetel's T&C's can be changed at any time, doing this just after signing up for another contract is bl00dy annoying. Not quite enough to make me leave, but getting close.

How about setting the billing period to the 28th, but taking the DD's out on the 1st?
You get a grace period to fix up declined debits and always have.

woodle

Post by woodle » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:34 pm

My contract expires on 1/4/2011, and i want to change plans so as not to get hit with the $10 surcharge. Does this mean I can submit the change for the 28th March, or is there going to be a bunch of pro-rata amounts to work out for the last few days of March and the first 27 days of April?

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:53 pm

woodle wrote:My contract expires on 1/4/2011, and i want to change plans so as not to get hit with the $10 surcharge. Does this mean I can submit the change for the 28th March, or is there going to be a bunch of pro-rata amounts to work out for the last few days of March and the first 27 days of April?
Please submit your plan change request before 27th February.

woodle

Post by woodle » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:18 pm

OK. I want to change to the TCV20-200 plan but it's not available from the members section. How can I do that?

woodle

Post by woodle » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:27 pm

OK, so nigh on 5 years of being a loyal customer, defending Exetel on Whirlpool, not once raising a support request, and almost never using my allowance is rewarded by not letting me change to an advertised plan that is exactly what I want.

Have it your way. This is a very odd company.

Can I leave on 28th without penalties, or do I have to wait until 1st April?

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:46 pm

woodle wrote:OK, so nigh on 5 years of being a loyal customer, defending Exetel on Whirlpool, not once raising a support request, and almost never using my allowance is rewarded by not letting me change to an advertised plan that is exactly what I want.

Have it your way. This is a very odd company.

Can I leave on 28th without penalties, or do I have to wait until 1st April?
maybe have a read here so you understand why it is like this https://johnl.blogs.exetel.com.au/index ... ments.html