$10.00 (or more) Discount On Wireless Broadband Plans

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
ForumAdmin

$10.00 (or more) Discount On Wireless Broadband Plans

Post by ForumAdmin » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:53 am

Following several customer requests we are thinking about extending the 'buy an Exetel mobile get a discount from your monthly ADSL bill' to our wireless broadband users.

This will be either an identical discount structure to the ADSL scheme or something different/better that anyone cares to suggest and is financially viable.

All suggestions welcome.

vbap

Re: $10.00 (or more) Discount On Wireless Broadband Plans

Post by vbap » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:55 am

Discounts always welcome...

I assume this would only apply to certain wireless broadband plans or scaled similarly to the CAP plans? I have an old WM-A plan, which is pure PAYU with no monthly minimum fees. I can't see how you give me a discount for a free service!

Things is, and without any statistics to back this up as fact, I imagine Wireless BB users fall into 2 categories:
  • - Back up for existing wired broadband service / occasional "travel" usage
    - Full replacement for existing wired broadband service
In the first scenario, I would expect those users to be on low usage plans (and therefore unlikely to qualify for a discount).
In the second, the users don't have a wired service from which to discount.

gong_guy

Post by gong_guy » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:16 am

vbap wrote:Discounts always welcome...

I assume this would only apply to certain wireless broadband plans or scaled similarly to the CAP plans? I have an old WM-A plan, which is pure PAYU with no monthly minimum fees. I can't see how you give me a discount for a free service!
That plan is no longer available it's return would be welcome for users of tablets such as the iPad or as a "no cost" (unless used) backup for ADSL.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:30 am

vbap wrote:Discounts always welcome...

Things is, and without any statistics to back this up as fact, I imagine Wireless BB users fall into 2 categories:
  • - Back up for existing wired broadband service / occasional "travel" usage
    - Full replacement for existing wired broadband service
In the first scenario, I would expect those users to be on low usage plans (and therefore unlikely to qualify for a discount).
In the second, the users don't have a wired service from which to discount.
The offer would be for all Exetel wireless plans.

Buy an Exetel/Optus mobile and get $10.00 off your wireless monthly bill.

If you spend nothing on wireless then it is of no value.

The average spend by an Exetel wireless user is $15.00 per month so it should be of benefit to 'average' users.

vbap

Post by vbap » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:43 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:...
Ah I see now - sorry I misunderstood the offer.

Would the offer allow "double dipping"? If one has a CAP19 with Exetel, does that give $10 off their Exetel ADSL (if they have that service) as well as [up to] $10 off their Exetel WBB?

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:56 pm

vbap wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:...
Ah I see now - sorry I misunderstood the offer.

Would the offer allow "double dipping"? If one has a CAP19 with Exetel, does that give $10 off their Exetel ADSL (if they have that service) as well as [up to] $10 off their Exetel WBB?
No.

Ravenous

Post by Ravenous » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:30 pm

It would be perfect.

I know somebody (low income bracket) who is on the verge of dumping their wireline+adsl combo in favour of mobile+wireless internet combo, this will only give them further cause to.

DJG

Post by DJG » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:51 am

Any progress on this? Wireless broadband is my only internet access due to poor ADSL signal because 2km is too far from the exchange. It seems a bit unfair that the discounts are only available to ADSL customers. This goes for the Z mobile plans too.

John Gill

thejeg

Post by thejeg » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:45 pm

DJG wrote:Any progress on this? Wireless broadband is my only internet access due to poor ADSL signal because 2km is too far from the exchange. It seems a bit unfair that the discounts are only available to ADSL customers. This goes for the Z mobile plans too.

John Gill
We understand your requirement but unfortunately the Discounts will only be applicable for Existing customers with a DSL service service.

ExetelVoice
Exetel Staff

Post by ExetelVoice » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:02 pm

Any progress on this? Wireless broadband is my only internet access due to poor ADSL signal because 2km is too far from the exchange. It seems a bit unfair that the discounts are only available to ADSL customers. This goes for the Z mobile plans too.
We will open the Z mobile plans up to existing mobile broadband (wireless) customers.