$20.00 A Month For Full Service (Real) Telephone Line Rental

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
ForumAdmin

$20.00 A Month For Full Service (Real) Telephone Line Rental

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:39 am

We have, belatedly, added the ability for Telstra or AAPT Infrastructure users to select Exetel as the biller of the telephone line on all ADSL services using the Telstra ADSL1 or ADSL2 port infrastructure.

The telephone line rental cost is $30.00 but the call charges are very low - around 30% less than almost all other suppliers for all call types.

Apart from getting all your monthly telephone/ADSL charges on a single invoice each month you will get a discount of $5.00 if you elect to sign for a twelve month contract.

If you just want lower cost telephone call charges then you can simply add this service on a month by month basis.

tones

Re: Additional $5.00 ADSL Discount

Post by tones » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:25 am

The email I received notifying me of this option says
"Offers 2, 3 and 4 require you to recontract your ADSL service on a new 12 month contract."
I am currently still within my 12 month contract on a no longer offered plan. If I take up the offer am I to recontract my current ADSL service plan or would I need to move onto one of the new plans.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:03 pm

I have asked someone competent to reply to you.

ExetelVoice
Exetel Staff

Post by ExetelVoice » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:31 pm

I am currently still within my 12 month contract on a no longer offered plan. If I take up the offer am I to recontract my current ADSL service plan or would I need to move onto one of the new plans.
You can recontract on your existing plan.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:40 am

The ACCC is good for something after all.

The recent ruling by the ACCC on telephone line pricing has allowed Exetel to improve the offer being made to Exetel customers.

Exetel will now provide a full service (real) PSTN telephone line for $20.00 per month and, unlike the Telstra Retail 'homeline plus' the call rates are not only lower than the very high charges associated with that line type but are lower than most other providers.

This offer is to Exetel ADSL customers who use either Telstra or AAPT based services with the only condition being that the customer must re-sign their ADSL service for a further twelve months.

tones

Post by tones » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:57 am

ForumAdmin wrote: Exetel will now provide a full service (real) PSTN telephone line for $20.00 per month ...
Fantastic... I just went to have a look in the members area to sign up to this but it still says $30. When will this be changed so we can change over. I had signed up recently with a new landline connection through Telstra and have now finished my 3 month new connection waiting period (to avoid the temporary connection fee), so will move across ASAP.

This may be a bit much, and I don't expect it, but will we also still receive the $5 discount from our ADSL service. If so, this is even more amazing value.

tones

Re: $20.00 A Month For Full Service (Real) Telephone Line Re

Post by tones » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:25 pm

Found it under the "Order services menu and have placed an order.

Just fyi... In the members area under the menus "Manage Services|ADSL|Change Service" I was confused by the Line Rental price of $30 under the heading "Telephone Charges" and the "Telephone Service Offer" below that.
(page https://www.exetel.com.au/members/chang ... e_plan.php)

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:14 pm

tones wrote:Found it under the "Order services menu and have placed an order.

Just fyi... In the members area under the menus "Manage Services|ADSL|Change Service" I was confused by the Line Rental price of $30 under the heading "Telephone Charges" and the "Telephone Service Offer" below that.
Thank you - I'll get it fixed.

melanieb
Exetel Staff

Post by melanieb » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:40 pm

I actually believe the prices you are referring to are for Optus. These are the correct details for the Optus telephone line.

Currently in manage services, ADSL Change plan there is no option to add a PSTN. to add a pstn this needs to be done under order services > telephone.

I have asked for this to be fixed. But if you would like to do this straight away, you will have to do this in the 2 steps.

thank you.

samarium

Post by samarium » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:07 pm

Excellent news for those of us on homeline budget.

I'll keep an eye on user facilities. Thanks.

offpeak

Post by offpeak » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:35 pm

Hi there, good move I must say, I would rather give my PSTN $$$ to Exetel than Tel$tra,

I have a question though about the email I received explaining the pricing for offer 2, it does not look right to me. :?

perhaps you should have written it as Offer 2 $25 PSTN charge, discount $5 and Monthly charge $20, cause if the PSTN charge as I read it is $20 and you get a $5 discount the Monthly charge should be $15 :wink:

PSTN Offer PSTN Charge Total Discount Monthly Charge (ex ADSL plan charge) Contract Term
Offer 1 $ 25.00 n/a $25.00 0 months Add the telephone service to your current ADSL service and save up to 30% on telephone calls
Offer 2 $ 20.00 $5.00 $20.00 12 months Re-contract your current ADSL service and add the telephone service and save an additional $5.00 per month

thomashouseman

Post by thomashouseman » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:05 am

So are Exetel approaching Optus about this as well? I pay $30/month to Exetel for an Optus line.... are they going to match this $20 Telstra line or be more expensive than Telstra?

T.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:26 am

thomashouseman wrote:So are Exetel approaching Optus about this as well? I pay $30/month to Exetel for an Optus line.... are they going to match this $20 Telstra line or be more expensive than Telstra?

T.
Thomas, the '$30.00' you pay for an Optus line is a notional charge. We express it that way to make it consistent with the ways other ISPs use to price ADSL.

In fact the way Optus sells the line to Exetel is there is no charge for it - just a combined charge for ADSL and telephone service - its a ULL service not SSS.

You may remember that I tried to explain why 'naked' services were nonsensical as they were $3.00 lower cost to Exetel than a service that included a telephone line.

thomashouseman

Post by thomashouseman » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:29 am

ForumAdmin wrote:
thomashouseman wrote:So are Exetel approaching Optus about this as well? I pay $30/month to Exetel for an Optus line.... are they going to match this $20 Telstra line or be more expensive than Telstra?

T.
Thomas, the '$30.00' you pay for an Optus line is a notional charge. We express it that way to make it consistent with the ways other ISPs use to price ADSL.

In fact the way Optus sells the line to Exetel is there is no charge for it - just a combined charge for ADSL and telephone service - its a ULL service not SSS.

You may remember that I tried to explain why 'naked' services were nonsensical as they were $3.00 lower cost to Exetel than a service that included a telephone line.
Ahh Gotcha, thanks for that. That makes more sense.

Franpa

Post by Franpa » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:22 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:

Thank you - I'll get it fixed.
It still says $30 monthly phone line rental for all Telstra plans.
Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel i7 920 | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 24GB RAM | MSI Gamer 1070Ti 8GB | Integrated Sound Card | Corsair AX760 Power Supply | Exetel ZTE H268 Modem

https://www.speedtest.net/result/8729259527 (during low neighbourhood congestion)