$20.00 A Month For Full Service (Real) Telephone Line Rental

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
ForumAdmin

Re: $20.00 A Month For Full Service (Real) Telephone Line Re

Post by ForumAdmin » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:31 am

Franpa wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:
tones wrote:Found it under the "Order services menu and have placed an order.

Just fyi... In the members area under the menus "Manage Services|ADSL|Change Service" I was confused by the Line Rental price of $30 under the heading "Telephone Charges" and the "Telephone Service Offer" below that.
(page https://www.exetel.com.au/members/chang ... e_plan.php)
Thank you - I'll get it fixed.
It still says $30 monthly phone line rental for all Telstra plans.
Clearly I now lack any authority to actually get people to do what I ask them.

I will try again.

I think it's past time that I should have dismissed people who ignore my requests to do their jobs.

It actually irritates me as much as it irritates you.....especially the people who say they actually monitor these forums as their jobs demand.

I wonder what I actually have to do to get highly paid people to actually do their jobs?

thejeg

Post by thejeg » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:02 pm

Franpa wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:
tones wrote:Found it under the "Order services menu and have placed an order.

Just fyi... In the members area under the menus "Manage Services|ADSL|Change Service" I was confused by the Line Rental price of $30 under the heading "Telephone Charges" and the "Telephone Service Offer" below that.
(page https://www.exetel.com.au/members/chang ... e_plan.php)
Thank you - I'll get it fixed.
It still says $30 monthly phone line rental for all Telstra plans.
This is now fixed.

Member facility is indicating the correct rentals now.

Let me know if you have further issues.

Regards,
Theje

Franpa

Post by Franpa » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:30 am

From what I can see, multiple plans listed under "ADSL2 (With Telephone)" are Optus plans and incur a $30 per month fee for line rental. For Telstra there is only one plan and it charges you per gigabyte downloaded.... why would I switch to you guys as the phone provider if you can't include decent internet quota? Also the only bundled Telstra plan lists a $40 per month fee rather then $20, admittedly you don't list how much of the $40 is for line rental so presumably it is $20 for line rental and $20 for a terrible internet plan combined.
Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel i7 920 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 24GB DDR3 1520MHz RAM | MSI Gamer 1080Ti 8GB | Integrated Sound Card | Corsair AX760 Platinum Power Supply | Exetel ZTE H268 Modem

Col

Post by Col » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:46 pm

Franpa wrote:From what I can see, multiple plans listed under "ADSL2 (With Telephone)" are Optus plans and incur a $30 per month fee for line rental. For Telstra there is only one plan and it charges you per gigabyte downloaded.... why would I switch to you guys as the phone provider if you can't include decent internet quota? Also the only bundled Telstra plan lists a $40 per month fee rather then $20, admittedly you don't list how much of the $40 is for line rental so presumably it is $20 for line rental and $20 for a terrible internet plan combined.
Well I'm not up to speed with what people should be seeing in the members facility but if you see the $40 plan you should also see the $50 plan, no? The $50 Telstra ADSL2+ plan comes with 200GB of quota. The $40 plan is meant for someone who wants to pay the least possible a month and on average doesn't download that much - it's not suited for everyone.

The $30 assigned to the phone plan for the Optus plans is an arbitrary number that Exetel assigned to it. Exetel could easily make the 'charge' for the phone plan $20 a month, but then the ADSL2+ plan portion of the charge would just increase by that $10. It's just how Exetel wish to present it.

The $40 TCV20-PAYU plan doesn't have the line rental included, the $40 is to cover the ADSL2+ port cost and any other overheads Exetel have. The $20 phone plan option is towards the bottom of my change service page.... don't know about yours.

ShaminG
Exetel Staff

Post by ShaminG » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:14 pm

why would I switch to you guys as the phone provider if you can't include decent internet quota?
I believe your requested plan (TCV20-200), provides 200 GB download quota :|

Franpa

Post by Franpa » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:35 pm

Sorry, I misinterpreted it. So the "Offer 4" near the bottom is what you are talking about? The description of it indicates that the offer requires a mobile phone contract, especially with the lack of links providing info on the Cap 15 and Cap 35 plans. I thought you added support for us to use you instead of Telstra for our home phones?
- Recontract your ADSL service on a new 12 month contract, select to include the Telephone Service and buy a Cap19 mobile plan and save $15 per month; OR
- Recontract your ADSL service on a new 12 month contract, select to include the Telephone Service and buy a Cap35 mobile plan and save $20 per month.
Also if all 4 offers are for Telstra users only, then why do none of the offers mention Telstra at all? Heck they don't even mention Optus, do they apply to both carriers?

Also, the only ADSL2 Telstra plan I see is the $40 one you mention, there is none better then it unless it hides the one I've selected to switch to >.>". Okay maybe I need to pay more attention xD.
Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel i7 920 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 24GB DDR3 1520MHz RAM | MSI Gamer 1080Ti 8GB | Integrated Sound Card | Corsair AX760 Platinum Power Supply | Exetel ZTE H268 Modem

thejeg

Post by thejeg » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:48 pm

Franpa wrote:Sorry, I misinterpreted it. So the "Offer 4" near the bottom is what you are talking about? The description of it indicates that the offer requires a mobile phone contract, especially with the lack of links providing info on the Cap 15 and Cap 35 plans. I thought you added support for us to use you instead of Telstra for our home phones?
- Recontract your ADSL service on a new 12 month contract, select to include the Telephone Service and buy a Cap19 mobile plan and save $15 per month; OR
- Recontract your ADSL service on a new 12 month contract, select to include the Telephone Service and buy a Cap35 mobile plan and save $20 per month.
Also if all 4 offers are for Telstra users only, then why do none of the offers mention Telstra at all? Heck they don't even mention Optus, do they apply to both carriers?

Also, the only ADSL2 Telstra plan I see is the $40 one you mention, there is none better then it unless it hides the one I've selected to switch to >.>". Okay maybe I need to pay more attention xD.
I totally understand where you are confused now :)

Let me get the developer team to indicate/tag Telstra where applicable

For the Time being, please keep in mind that "Telephone Service Offer" under https://www.exetel.com.au/members/chang ... e_plan.php is for Telstra services only.

Franpa

Post by Franpa » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:53 pm

For offer 4, I have a choice between a Cap15 and a Cap35 plan, when applying for offer 4 I am presented with a page that makes no distinction between the 2 plans or mentions them at all and just lists a price sheet showing the differences between carriers and that Telstra now charges per minute. Must I agree to the "ADSL Customer Service Guarantee Waiver" and "TERMS AND CONDITIONS" before seeing the details of both plans?

Edit: Also why do the plan names contain the term "Mobile"? Aren't they PST/Landline plans? https://www.exetel.com.au/members/voice_online_form.php
Last edited by Franpa on Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

thejeg

Post by thejeg » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:01 pm

Franpa wrote:For offer 4, I have a choice between a Cap15 and a Cap35 plan, when applying for offer 4 I am presented with a page that makes no distinction between the 2 plans or mentions them at all and just lists a price sheet showing the differences between carriers and that Telstra now charges per minute. Must I agree to the "ADSL Customer Service Guarantee Waiver" and "TERMS AND CONDITIONS" before seeing the details of both plans?

Edit: Also why do the plan names contain the term "Mobile"? Aren't they PST/Landline plans?
Looks like nothing on this page is clear for you?

This seems to be a coding issue...... Let me get them to have a look at this ASAP.

thejeg

Post by thejeg » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:45 am

thejeg wrote:This seems to be a coding issue...... Let me get them to have a look at this ASAP.
I'm sorry for the delay............ our developer team is fixing the issues pointed by you as of writing this :)

Franpa

Post by Franpa » Fri May 06, 2011 10:02 am

Still, neither place mentions or links to information about the cap19/cap35 mobile plans. Regardless, how do you add just a land line and where is information on it?
Last edited by Franpa on Fri May 06, 2011 8:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ExetelVoice
Exetel Staff

Post by ExetelVoice » Fri May 06, 2011 2:31 pm

Still, neither place mentions or links to information about the cap15/cap35 mobile plans. Regardless, how do you add just a land line and where is information on it?
Assume you refer to CAP19 (not cap15 - we have no such mobile plan)

Here is information about our mobile CAP plans:
http://www.exetel.com.au/residential-mo ... -plans.php
Details about CAP19 and CAP35 are there.

To Add just the landline (PSTN) service, choose Offer 1 or Offer 2 in that members facility area you have displayed above.
Offer 1 will cost you $25 per month for landline rental + call charges from your landline phone.
Offer 2 will cost you $20 per month for landline rental + call charges from your landline phone.
($5 cheaper per month because you are required to recontract your ADSL service)

For information on the landline service:
General ADSL + phone - http://www.exetel.com.au/a_plan_pricing_new.php
International Phone rates - http://www.exetel.com.au/a_telephone_charges.php
FAQ - http://www.exetel.com.au/a_adsl_telephone_FAQ.php

Or call 1300 EXETEL - someone will be happy to help.

ExetelVoice
Exetel Staff

Post by ExetelVoice » Fri May 06, 2011 2:47 pm

Must I agree to the "ADSL Customer Service Guarantee Waiver" and "TERMS AND CONDITIONS" before seeing the details of both plans?
Yes
Also why do the plan names contain the term "Mobile"? Aren't they PST/Landline plans?
Not exactly sure to what you are referring?

There are 4 different offers if you take the time to read them carefully.
Offer 1 and 2 refer to taking up only the landline/PSTN service. Difference with Option 2 is to recontract your ADSL service.
Offer 3 gives you a recontract ADSL + add a Mobile plan option.
Offer 4 gives you a recontract ADSL + add landline/PSTN service + add a Mobile plan option.

vbap

Post by vbap » Fri May 06, 2011 5:07 pm

you may also want to remove your personal details from the screenshots you took

Franpa

Post by Franpa » Fri May 06, 2011 8:11 pm

vbap wrote:you may also want to remove your personal details from the screenshots you took
Thanks, massive oversight on my part.

Thanks for the clarification guys, not sure what I was seeing before but the site does now make more sense. I may have been glossing over the answer every time without even realizing it.