Off Peak Allowances

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
ForumAdmin

Re: Off Peak Allowances

Post by ForumAdmin » Mon May 09, 2011 2:59 pm

thomashouseman wrote:
melanieb wrote:
We welcome any feedback you may have on this.

Melanie
How about:

Step 4

Choose optional off-peak data plan:

180GB Off peak Data for $15 (feel free to modify amounts to pay for itself) - yes/no
That is easily 'doable'.

The other thought I had while watching the EPL last night was to simply match the TPG plans in terms of price and improve on them in terms of inclusions.

We had a meeting with Optus earlier today and put the case for making such an offer to current customers who signed for a 12 month extension with a free month or two as an added incentive.

Maybe something like:

Any TPG plan that includes a telephone line at their published price but with their peak + off peak offered as 'any time' or their off peak x 10 at the low end and x 2-3 at the high end.

Plans would have a prefix of SOFJ.

The idea came to me as I noticed that TPG had copied our 200 gb plan and price and 'any time' - yes, I know, it's scummy - but then how do you compete by being honest and ethical?

gong_guy

Post by gong_guy » Mon May 09, 2011 5:09 pm

ForumAdmin wrote: Maybe something like:

Any TPG plan that includes a telephone line at their published price but with their peak + off peak offered as 'any time' or their off peak x 10 at the low end and x 2-3 at the high end.

You do realise that is 500GB for $59.95

I'm in !

(Although I do hear TPG's home phone service is some sort of VOIP hybrid)
The idea came to me as I noticed that TPG had copied our 200 gb plan and price and 'any time' - yes, I know, it's scummy - but then how do you compete by being honest and ethical?
You don't, you copy them back with a bit extra. :)

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue May 10, 2011 7:30 am

gong_guy wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote: Maybe something like:

You do realise that is 500GB for $59.95

I'm in !

(Although I do hear TPG's home phone service is some sort of VOIP hybrid)
You don't, you copy them back with a bit extra. :)
TPG's phone service is not a PSTN line but a VoIP service with many missing capabilities and VoIP over an often congested TPG network is often going to be unusable at times.

Exetel's voice will be a standard PSTN telephone line with all inclusions.

Also Exetel's ADSL will delivered on a non-contended ADSL service.

It may also come with a Telstra win back cash upfront offer in terms of free months.

So TPG allowances (over an uncontended network) plus Telstra's "win back" cash offer without the need to bundle very expensive mobiles and telephone charges.

Copying is so much easier.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue May 10, 2011 1:37 pm

We have put three replacement Optus based plans on the web site that are 'couched' in the words/methods used by other ISP providers.

Any comments would be welcomed.

gong_guy

Post by gong_guy » Tue May 10, 2011 2:36 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:We have put three replacement Optus based plans on the web site that are 'couched' in the words/methods used by other ISP providers.

Fantastic plans, I will switch to OT-500 if made available to current customers even though I do not need anywhere near even the peak download allowance.

A "marketing" suggestion, a 200/300 split rather than 150/350 would really stick it to TPG without costing you much from what you said earlier.

vbap

Post by vbap » Tue May 10, 2011 3:24 pm

gong_guy wrote: I will switch to OT-500 if made available to current customers even though I do not need anywhere near even the peak download allowance.
I don't understand that...unless your current plan is more than $59.99/month with less quota than you need?

vbap

Post by vbap » Tue May 10, 2011 3:34 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:We have put three replacement Optus based plans on the web site that are 'couched' in the words/methods used by other ISP providers.

Well the OCV200 I'm on at the moment still compares favourably with those offers - but I am not your target audience for this 'campaign' :).

I hope your 'win back' options (once published) achieve your desired outcomes.

But did you have to copy the ".99" pricing fluff?? That tactic is only needed when tied to banal advertising campaigns that scream "ADSL for less than $30 a month!!!".

gong_guy

Post by gong_guy » Tue May 10, 2011 4:09 pm

vbap wrote: I don't understand that...unless your current plan is more than $59.99/month with less quota than you need?
My current plan is $5 cheaper but is a little tight in quota for me at 30GB. 150GB would mean I could be less discerning in my downloads.

thomashouseman

Post by thomashouseman » Tue May 10, 2011 4:12 pm

gong_guy wrote:

Fantastic plans, I will switch to OT-500 if made available to current customers.
It's there already... however it says $65/month + $30 ph. line. :(

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue May 10, 2011 4:37 pm

vbap wrote:

Well the OCV200 I'm on at the moment still compares favourably with those offers - but I am not your target audience for this 'campaign' :).

I hope your 'win back' options (once published) achieve your desired outcomes.

But did you have to copy the ".99" pricing fluff?? That tactic is only needed when tied to banal advertising campaigns that scream "ADSL for less than $30 a month!!!".
Unfortunately some people within Exetel seem to believe being demeaning is required in today's marketplaces.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue May 10, 2011 4:38 pm

thomashouseman wrote:
gong_guy wrote:

Fantastic plans, I will switch to OT-500 if made available to current customers.
It's there already... however it says $65/month + $30 ph. line. :(
We are hoping to improve offers to current customers by offering the new plans with some additional benefit.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue May 10, 2011 4:39 pm

gong_guy wrote:

Fantastic plans, I will switch to OT-500 if made available to current customers even though I do not need anywhere near even the peak download allowance.

A "marketing" suggestion, a 200/300 split rather than 150/350 would really stick it to TPG without costing you much from what you said earlier.
I'll get that done.

Col

Post by Col » Tue May 10, 2011 7:38 pm

Like the 50c excess. Like the $30 line rental being taken out of the ADSL2+ price. Would prefer .95 instead of .99.

When comparing to the TPG plans (which these plans are obviously based on) you have increased the off peak quota on the small quota plan, and just shifted some off peak quota to peak period on the large quota plan. How about giving the middle plan an off peak boost as well? Make it something like 30GB/120GB for 150GB in all?

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue May 10, 2011 10:19 pm

Col wrote:

Like the 50c excess. Like the $30 line rental being taken out of the ADSL2+ price. Would prefer .95 instead of .99.

When comparing to the TPG plans (which these plans are obviously based on) you have increased the off peak quota on the small quota plan, and just shifted some off peak quota to peak period on the large quota plan. How about giving the middle plan an off peak boost as well? Make it something like 30GB/120GB for 150GB in all?
We will 'fine tune' the offerings but the base premise was simply to make the plans 'copy' TPG's offerings with better inclusions - and on an un-contended network.

Depending on our suppliers it would be possible to add some Telstra Retail like 'additional inducements'.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Wed May 11, 2011 11:14 am

In http://www.exetel.com.au/a_plan_pricing_adsl2_new.php is currently gives two premium (optus) plan tabs. The first says "excluding telephone line" but it actually necessitate a $30 line rental through Optus / Exetel, so perhaps the title should just be "ADSL2+" for the first tab, or "ADSL2+ (no call inclusions)"?

Also, one of the common bits of feedback from Exetel customers is the number of different plans names. Might you be able to amalgamate the OT and OF plans by having three base OT plans and a single "3,000 call minutes" add-on option for $10/month? Or can these free minutes only be offered via a 12 month contractual inclusion? Having said that, I reckon Exetel have done well in reducing the number of plans on offer; by my count there are currently 17 current plans: 9 Telstra ADSL1 options, 2 Telstra ADSL2+ options, and 2 sets of 3 Optus ADSL2+ options. I think having simple sets of 2 or 3 options, as is currently the case for ADSL2+ offerings, is the way to go.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au