Unlimited ADSL2 Plans

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
ForumAdmin

Re: Unlimited ADSL2 Plans

Post by ForumAdmin » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:53 am

BW~Merlin wrote:
I am currently on OT-200 for $59.50 a month and this plan is $4.55 cheaper so that would entice me to move but I don't think I have ever come close to using 200GB let alone both my 200GB peak and off-peak so for me I would be looking to save money. What I would really like to see is speed increase, for weeks I was sitting on 7-9mbs via speedtest and now I have dropped down to 4.5-5mbs so an increase in quote is no good if you can not use it all/most of it then what's the point (it is a bit like high powered street cars that you can not drive faster than the speed limit [except for some places in the NT where there are no speed limits]).

So while I support the idea of more for less I personally would like to see a speed increase (I don't know if exetel can do anything about that) and price drop rather than more quote that I don't think I could ever use.
Please go to the User Facilities and check the status of the Exetel controlled links to ensure there is no congestion - we maintain all links to ensure there is never any congestion on what we can control.

If you see any sort of congestion then open a ticket....and we will rectify whatever it is that we have overlooked.

If you don't see any congestion then there are issues on the carrier infrastructure over which we have no control or, possibly, something has changed within your control that you haven't noticed.

BW~Merlin

Post by BW~Merlin » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:34 pm

ForumAdmin wrote: Please go to the User Facilities and check the status of the Exetel controlled links to ensure there is no congestion - we maintain all links to ensure there is never any congestion on what we can control.

If you see any sort of congestion then open a ticket....and we will rectify whatever it is that we have overlooked.

If you don't see any congestion then there are issues on the carrier infrastructure over which we have no control or, possibly, something has changed within your control that you haven't noticed.
Checked and there are no problems that I can see and nothing on my end has changed. But this is part of my point, if the network speed can not be maintained for what ever reason (congestion, old lines, the way the sun and moon align) then an increase in quote is of no use if you can not use a sizeable part of it. However, a decrease in cost is of benefit to everyone (except exetels bottom line) because while you may not get the fastest speed getting cheaper plans offsets that (at least in my view).

tbishop

Post by tbishop » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:43 am

We've just signed up for the B31 business unlimited Optus ADSL2+ plan. I can't find anywhere in the T&Cs what sort of conditions there are on download usage - do Exetel jack up when we use over 50GB, 500GB or 5TB, or what?

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:23 am

tbishop wrote:We've just signed up for the B31 business unlimited Optus ADSL2+ plan. I can't find anywhere in the T&Cs what sort of conditions there are on download usage - do Exetel jack up when we use over 50GB, 500GB or 5TB, or what?
A business that uses 5TB? yes we would cancel such an account.

Dr Tezza

Post by Dr Tezza » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:57 am

ForumAdmin wrote:...we are considering offering an unlimited download AAPT ... plan in the not too distant future which ... we should be able to offer at ... $59.95 ... (... including PSTN telephone line).

We are interested in any thoughts anyone might have.
Yes Please !

drtezza

thalamic

Post by thalamic » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:49 pm

ForumAdmin wrote: A business that uses 5TB? yes we would cancel such an account.
How about 1TB? Is that excessive?

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:39 pm

thalamic wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote: A business that uses 5TB? yes we would cancel such an account.
How about 1TB? Is that excessive?
We have never had to concern ourselves with what business users on business plans download.

We don't expect that to change in the future.

peteru

Post by peteru » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:22 pm

Any updates on if/when such plans may be available?

I'm contemplating an upgrade/update from NF/21BYOLINE and would be interested. As far as I can tell, my exchange (Northbridge) only has AAPT or Telstra infrastructure.

To be honest, a 20GB plan would be plenty during most months, but it would be nice to not worry about my usage when there is a work deadline and I need to shift 100-200GB to get a software release out.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:36 pm

peteru wrote:Any updates on if/when such plans may be available?

I'm contemplating an upgrade/update from NF/21BYOLINE and would be interested. As far as I can tell, my exchange (Northbridge) only has AAPT or Telstra infrastructure.

To be honest, a 20GB plan would be plenty during most months, but it would be nice to not worry about my usage when there is a work deadline and I need to shift 100-200GB to get a software release out.
We intend to make a decision by the end of next week.

But these plans would only be available on Optus infrastructure at the prices quoted and on AAPT infrastructure at higher prices.

lkml2000

Post by lkml2000 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:02 pm

As a long time customer of Exetel. I think going back to unlimited is not a good option. As we are know people would then start download the WEB because they CAN, and this I think this would causes all sorts of problem in the capacity especially in the local exchange level. Consider one 24-7 downloader would use up 0.5 - 18M, only 10 or 20 downloader would already cause overload in the smaller exchange, not to mention the loading of backhaul. Although your statistic shows that those are not download as much, but we do know that once they sign the contract, they HAVE THE RIGHT to do it, and I don't want Exetel to go back cancelling those plans again after having all those congestion problem affecting those NORMAL users, and as we all know, those downloader would also complain that they cannot download at full speed which they SIGNED the contract for. If Exetel really have to do that, I would say make it 250G + 2T or 500G + 3T, so it would not affect the other users as much and it can also use up you spare capacity at off peak time.

gong_guy

Post by gong_guy » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:02 pm

ForumAdmin wrote: We intend to make a decision by the end of next week.

But these plans would only be available on Optus infrastructure at the prices quoted and on AAPT infrastructure at higher prices.
How about something like this?

You offer unlimited plans for $54.95 on an 12 month contract on the proviso that Exetel reserves the right to not offer a renewal at the end of the contract on an individual basis.

Let them go nuts and weed them out at 12 months, no drama, they just move to another plan if they are excessive downloaders. Few would be in this category. Everyone knows where they stand.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:20 pm

gong_guy wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote: We intend to make a decision by the end of next week.

How about something like this?

You offer unlimited plans for $54.95 on an 12 month contract on the proviso that Exetel reserves the right to not offer a renewal at the end of the contract on an individual basis.

Let them go nuts and weed them out at 12 months, no drama, they just move to another plan if they are excessive downloaders. Few would be in this category. Everyone knows where they stand.
We could do that- but all contracts are for 12 months only.

currently we have no customers who "go nuts" and the average download on unlimited plans is less than 100 gb per month.

alian

Post by alian » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:40 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:We intend to make a decision by the end of next week.
Any further update on a decision on these plans ?

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:41 am

Not yet

alian

Post by alian » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:14 am

ForumAdmin wrote:ForumAdmin wrote:We intend to make a decision by the end of next week.
I'm looking to upgrade my current NF/23BYOLINE plan.

I'd be happy with the A-500 plan but it seems this is only available to new members ?
I'm currently using slightly more than the allowance on my present plan (and happy of course to pay any excess) but would like to increase my quota.

As I understand it my exchange QUAK (Quakers Hill) has no or limited Optus ports so changing to one of the higher end OT or OF plans is perhaps not an option.

If an unlimited or at least a 'larger than currently available quota' plan was available on AAPT I'd be pleased to move to that. Failing that I suppose I'm going to have to try for an Optus port.

Any advice as to when we may know what's happening with 'unlimited' AAPT plans would be appreciated.

regards
Alan