Network Outage this morning (04 Aug)?

Wired and wireless home networking

Network Outage this morning (04 Aug)?

Postby Chris T on Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:34 pm

My ADSL was down early this morning, no packet was getting past my router shortly after midnight. When I powercycled my router for 15 minutes, I got a PPP authentication error. I don't know exactly when service was restored due to my router's exponential back-off algorithm but it was able to authenticate by 03:15.

I tried to leave a message on the technical support telephone line but it dropped my call when it is supposed to be taking messages :-(
Chris T

Re: Network Outage this morning (04 Aug)?

Postby NIrmitha on Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:22 pm

Chris T wrote:My ADSL was down early this morning, no packet was getting past my router shortly after midnight. When I powercycled my router for 15 minutes, I got a PPP authentication error. I don't know exactly when service was restored due to my router's exponential back-off algorithm but it was able to authenticate by 03:15.

I tried to leave a message on the technical support telephone line but it dropped my call when it is supposed to be taking messages

There were no known outage reported on 4th Aug affecting your service/area. However we could see that your router has successfully authenticated around 03:15.
Normally you could leave a message if you contact our support line out of business hours and currently there is no reported issue with the voicemail facility.
However we do apologize for the inconvenience caused.
NIrmitha
Exetel Staff

Return to Networking issues