alternative to opting out of CG-NAT?

Wired and wireless home networking
tbone22

alternative to opting out of CG-NAT?

Post by tbone22 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:59 pm

Hello,

I'm looking for solutions to reach my home network from the outside (for security cameras). CG-NAT is an obstacle for this.
However, having a static IPv6 address (-range) could help, but not every network supports it yet. For instance, I do not have access to the IPv6 internet at work, nor do I have this via my Exetel SIM card on my phone.
Is opting out of CG-NAT the only option?

IPv4 addresses are rare these days, and I'd hope there is a way without opting out of CG-NAT. Is there a reliable 4to6 tunnel? Perhaps even provided by Exetel? Can I opt in to IPv6 on my Exetel mobile plan?

Thank you very much in advance.

rasikak
Exetel Staff

Re: alternative to opting out of CG-NAT?

Post by rasikak » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:32 pm

tbone22 wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:59 pm
Hello,

I'm looking for solutions to reach my home network from the outside (for security cameras). CG-NAT is an obstacle for this.
However, having a static IPv6 address (-range) could help, but not every network supports it yet. For instance, I do not have access to the IPv6 internet at work, nor do I have this via my Exetel SIM card on my phone.

IPv4 addresses are rare these days, and I'd hope there is a way without opting out of CG-NAT. Is there a reliable 4to6 tunnel? Perhaps even provided by Exetel? Can I opt in to IPv6 on my Exetel mobile plan?

Thank you for reaching out. Please PM your customer ID or the service number to assist you further.

rasikak
Exetel Staff

Post by rasikak » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:10 pm

tbone22 wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:59 pm
Hello,

Thank you for providing the service number via PM. Please note that you can opt-out from CG-NAT IP address on your fibre service via the members facility. Please log into the members facility > click on the tab services and usage > select manage on the fibre service > select IP manage tab > and select CG-NAT opt out submit the request after selecting the reason.

further to that Mobile services or Mobile broadband services will have a dynamic IP and no static IP allocation for them by the wholesale supplier.

tbone22

Post by tbone22 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:32 pm

Thank you for your assistance.