FTTC NBN and port-forwarding

Wired and wireless home networking
HyRax

FTTC NBN and port-forwarding

Post by HyRax » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:47 pm

Just today finished getting my folks off Exetel ADSL and onto Exetel FTTC NBN, but for some reason their port-forwarding is no longer working.

I have the exact same situation with my brother's FTTC NBN, also through Exetel, commissioned a couple of weeks ago.

In both scenarios, we're using our own third-party routers (USG 3P) and essentially did a literal swap of the ADSL modem (that was in bridge mode) with the NBN NCD. Nothing else has been changed other than the PPP credentials on the router.

I've obtained the new public IP addresses and Internet is otherwise happily working from each site, but I can't hit them from the outside on the relevant forwarded ports. Is there anything else we have to setup to allow port-forwarding on FTTC connections?

Both sites can connect to my Exetel FTTP site without a drama - port-forwarding is working fine and dandy.

Thanks.
I was going to procrastinate, but I put it off...

James
Exetel Staff

Re: FTTC NBN and port-forwarding

Post by James » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:35 pm

New services are put on CG-NAT, that would be why the port forwarding does not work.

HyRax

Re: FTTC NBN and port-forwarding

Post by HyRax » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:26 pm

Thanks. I opted out of CG-NAT via MyExetel and the port-forwards are working now. Cheers!
I was going to procrastinate, but I put it off...