Router blocking corporate Windows 10 VPN?

Wired and wireless home networking
njb

Router blocking corporate Windows 10 VPN?

Post by njb » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:14 pm

Hi,

I can connect to my corporate network via "Always on VPN" on a Windows 10 device using my Telstra 4G Phone hot spot, but when I try and connect to my via my Exetel NBN the VPN is blocked from connecting. Any idea if there is a router setting to blame? Does it use a static or dynamic IP? Can I hard reset the router?

The router settings should still be as it was out of the box - I've not changed anything....

Many thanks

njb

Re: Router blocking corporate Windows 10 VPN?

Post by njb » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:17 pm

Oh, and the router is a ZTE H268A

nilushid
Admin

Post by nilushid » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:28 pm

njb wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:14 pm
Hi,

I can connect to my corporate network via "Always on VPN" on a Windows 10 device using my Telstra 4G Phone hot spot, but when I try and connect to my via my Exetel NBN the VPN is blocked from connecting. Any idea if there is a router setting to blame? Does it use a static or dynamic IP? Can I hard reset the router?

The router settings should still be as it was out of the box - I've not changed anything....

Many thanks
Hi

We need to check your service setting from the back end to determine whether it is a modem setting issue or any other service issue. Therefore, can you please PM us your customer ID or the service number? Or please provide any reference number given by Exetel.

Thanks

nilushid
Admin

Post by nilushid » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:38 pm

Hi

We received your PM. We will check this and get back to you asap

Thanks