Should I get a second ZTE H268A router?

Wired and wireless home networking
Devondale

Should I get a second ZTE H268A router?

Post by Devondale » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:42 pm

Hi there,

Recently I bought an Oculus Quest VR headset and one of the features is that you can connect to your PC on the same network through wifi and play VR games loaded on the computer.

Currently, my ZTE H268A router is located downstairs in another room, far away from the headset and my current computer which will severely impact the connection speed between my headset and computer resulting in lag. Fortunately my house is fully wired, so I'm able to connect a second router in the same room which my PC is to allow for a faster connection with the headset. My problem is that my second router is old and only emits 2.4ghz which is still too slow.

I'm wondering if ordering a second router from Exetel would be able to speed up the connection or if there are other ways to deliver a faster connection between my PC and headset, such as optimising my second router.

NajikaM
Exetel Staff

Re: Should I get a second ZTE H268A router?

Post by NajikaM » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:05 pm

Devondale wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:42 pm
Hi there,

Recently I bought an Oculus Quest VR headset and one of the features is that you can connect to your PC on the same network through wifi and play VR games loaded on the computer.

Currently, my ZTE H268A router is located downstairs in another room, far away from the headset and my current computer which will severely impact the connection speed between my headset and computer resulting in lag. Fortunately my house is fully wired, so I'm able to connect a second router in the same room which my PC is to allow for a faster connection with the headset. My problem is that my second router is old and only emits 2.4ghz which is still too slow.

I'm wondering if ordering a second router from Exetel would be able to speed up the connection or if there are other ways to deliver a faster connection between my PC and headset, such as optimising my second router.
Hi,

We suggest you to use a WiFi extender or Booster in order to extend your WiFi network up to certain radius. However our modem manufacturer is recommending only up to 3m - 5m radius with your current set up.