Wii connection

Wired and wireless home networking
MrOzman

Wii connection

Post by MrOzman » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:38 pm

G'day

I purchased a Wii and am trying to connect to the Wii Shop which requires me to do a system upgrade. When I try to do the system upgrade I get a 32022 error. This has not changed in four days of trying to do the upgrade. The error code is always the same.

According to the information I found on the Nintendo support site, this error code means that their server is unavailable but other suggestions are that there is a problem with my ISP's connection and my ISP is either too unstable to cope with the download or will not allow it for whatever reason.

I thought these were pretty crap suggestions since the Wii connection test says my connection is fine and the channels already loaded have no problem getting data from the internet.

So I contacted a friend with a Wii and a Bigpond connection and they were able to do their system update with no problem at all.

Now I'm thinking there might be something in my setup or, as unlikely as it seems, in the Optus network causing the problem. I'm hoping that someone can tell me what I need to do to get the Wii upgrade to work.

Thanks in advance.
Paul

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Wii connection

Post by Dazzled » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:17 pm

This bloke's solution might be worth a look http://www.fixya.com/support/t3963864-w ... code_32022
PS There are lots of reports of this error in the last month. It won't be the Optus network.

MrOzman

Post by MrOzman » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:01 pm

Yeh, I already tried that. It seemed too easy and it was.

vfcrescini

Post by vfcrescini » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:18 pm

Have you found a way around this problem yet?

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:34 pm

Is http://www.wiiza.co.za/smf/index.php?ac ... pic=4749.0 relevant? If so, I think it is suggesting there might be a conflict in that the Shopping Channel thinks there is a newer version available when in fact there isn't. What versions are being reported and do they match the 4.3 vs 4.4 confusion of that linked page?

I guess you could try taking your Wii to your friend's house to see if that kicks it into gear
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

gregando

Post by gregando » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:34 am

I had the exact same issue...and it lasted for weeks.

I tried everything I had seen on the internet and could not anything to solve the problem...until someone recommended taking the Wii to a friends place who has a different ISP.

So I turned my Nexus One into a Wireless Hotspot (with Vodafone) and the update downloaded and applied successfully.

It doesn't necessarily mean it was a problem with Exetel, but could also be my Billion ADSL2+ modem or its WiFi. I have a 7404VGPO.

Hope this helps!

BigDaddyCool

Post by BigDaddyCool » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:46 pm

I just got a Wii and haven't got anywhere with the updating side of things.

I've spoke to Nintendo and they remain firm in that it's the 'ISP's fault'. Now someone above just had sucess in updating the wii off another internet connection ....... I may have to try this myself.

I dont see how Exetel would be responsible for this, but I mean if I rig up some 3rd party internet and it works..... then perhaps so?

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:00 pm

This "no server" problem has been reported for some ISPs from a few countries, and Wii consistently states it's an ISP problem. This sounds a long shot to me. Wii maintains multiple sites. It makes me wonder what IP addresses the successful and unsuccessful users are using. Has anybody noted this?