Wireless router Edimax 6324nl - cannot open setup page

Wired and wireless home networking
ManUtdFans

Wireless router Edimax 6324nl - cannot open setup page

Post by ManUtdFans » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:55 pm

Just bought Edimaz 6324nl wireless router.
Followed the setup guide upto typing default IP:
http://192.168.2.1

Tried both FireFox and IE, cannot display the setup page.

I also tried my laptop which has built-in wireless adapter, strange, my laptop can connect to the 'default' network (I believe that's my this router). So the laptop can connect to internet. If I disconnect the router power, my laptop cannot browse the internet, so I guess the router works. But cannot go to setup page then cannot change password and other configurations.

The router should be working because I connect my desktop to the router and the router connect to the modem and the desktop can browse internet.

Any idea why the default IP cannot work?

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Wireless router Edimax 6324nl - cannot open setup page

Post by Dazzled » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:30 pm

The default address is indeed 192.168.2.1, and the login is admin/1234. Use an ethernet cable, and connect a PC to the router, and if necessary, reboot both, which will force DHCP (the computer should be previously set to obtain an address automatically from the network) Don't run any Windows software that came with it; everything should be in the browser interface.

When you say that you have a computer -> router -> modem, is the modem actually a modem/router? If it is, you will have conflicting firewalls, and possibly DHCP servers, and one must go; either bridge the modem or set up the Edimax as a switch.

ManUtdFans

Re: Wireless router Edimax 6324nl - cannot open setup page

Post by ManUtdFans » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:15 pm

Hi,
Yes, my modem is a modem router.
I finally figured out the problem:
I connected from from ethernet port (modem) to ethernet port (router).
I should have connected from ethernet (modem) to WAN (router).