USB wireless adapter connection issue

Wired and wireless home networking
ManUtdFans

USB wireless adapter connection issue

Post by ManUtdFans » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:30 pm

I have bought a USB wireless adapter recently and installed connected to my home wireless router.
However, everytime I turn on or reboot my PC( Win XP), the wirless is not connected. I need to reconnect (enter password) to get it connected.

Any idea I can setup the USB wireless adapter to auto-connect my home wireless router?

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: USB wireless adapter connection issue

Post by CoreyPlover » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:03 am

I would have thought that all wireless adapters (USB included) should do this by default. What is the brand / model no. of the USB wireless adaptor?
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

ManUtdFans

Post by ManUtdFans » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:24 am

Hi,

My USB adapter is:
Edimax EW-7318Usg

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:00 pm

Looking through the user manual doesn't reveal anything unusual. I guess if you previously used the Edimax Wireless Utility you might want to try setting the connection up via Windows Zero Configuration (i.e. regular Network Connections) or vice versa. There is also an Event Log in the Edimax Wireless Uility which just might contain some extra info.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au