accessing exetel internet thru wi fi mobile

Wired and wireless home networking
stu13

accessing exetel internet thru wi fi mobile

Post by stu13 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:03 pm

hey Guys

I just got a new Samsung galaxy s and am trying to set up my wi fi. i can connect to my modem fine but when i try to access web pages it says "web page not available"?
I'm pretty sure i need to create an access point but am unsure where to get the details required. they are APN, Proxy, Port, server and authentication type?
Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks Stu

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: accessing exetel internet thru wi fi mobile

Post by jokiin » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:26 pm

stu13 wrote:hey Guys

I just got a new Samsung galaxy s and am trying to set up my wi fi. i can connect to my modem fine but when i try to access web pages it says "web page not available"?
I'm pretty sure i need to create an access point but am unsure where to get the details required. they are APN, Proxy, Port, server and authentication type?
Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks Stu
for 3G access if you are using the Optus based HSPA service from Exetel all you will need is to set the APN to exetel1

what you are describing though sounds like your Wi-Fi isn't configured correctly for your phone, not familiar with your phone but if you can detail what you've done so far and what wireless router you have you might be able to get some pointers on what to check

stu13

Post by stu13 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:58 pm

so far it connects to my Nettcomm router allright using my wpa password, but from there i need to set up a new connection with my exetel login and password(at least i did when i connected a new laptop) but windows has a wizard for this and my phone doesn't. it looks as though it all needs to be entered manually but i cant seem to find the details anywhere

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:26 pm

stu13 wrote:so far it connects to my Nettcomm router allright using my wpa password, but from there i need to set up a new connection with my exetel login and password(at least i did when i connected a new laptop) but windows has a wizard for this and my phone doesn't. it looks as though it all needs to be entered manually but i cant seem to find the details anywhere
to be honest I can't say I really follow what you are doing and how you are configured, to simplify things I'd probably suggest (just as a test) turning off the security on your Wi-Fi in the router and then see if you can connect fine, if you can then I'd go through the process of re enabling your security and setting up the phone etc, there would be no need to setup any Exetel related user name/passwords in your phone

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:27 pm