Securemote VPN fails

Wired and wireless home networking
rseydler

Securemote VPN fails

Post by rseydler » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:34 am

Hi all,

Not sure why this would be. Last time I tried this from home I was on a bigpond connection using a different modem too.

I can get securemote to connect to the office however it fails shortly after with an error "Gateway timed out".

Now if I use my optus wireless connection it connects perfectly. I believe this may have something to do with the office mode IP range of 192.168.0.X.

If I tracert to 192.168.0.1 for example (which is the office mode gateway) it routes out into exetel whether I have a VPN connection or not.

My LAN ip at home is in the 192.168.1.x range.

Anyone have an ideas on what maybe causing this failure?

Router/Modem is a Draytek 2710. I can use the Cisco VPN and F5 connections without any issues, just securemote seems to be the problem :(

TIA

Ron

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: Securemote VPN fails

Post by KavindaS » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:59 pm

rseydler wrote:Hi all,

Not sure why this would be. Last time I tried this from home I was on a bigpond connection using a different modem too.

I can get securemote to connect to the office however it fails shortly after with an error "Gateway timed out".

Now if I use my optus wireless connection it connects perfectly. I believe this may have something to do with the office mode IP range of 192.168.0.X.

If I tracert to 192.168.0.1 for example (which is the office mode gateway) it routes out into exetel whether I have a VPN connection or not.

My LAN ip at home is in the 192.168.1.x range.

Anyone have an ideas on what maybe causing this failure?

Router/Modem is a Draytek 2710. I can use the Cisco VPN and F5 connections without any issues, just securemote seems to be the problem :(

TIA

Ron
Could you please update the trace route which you have done to the office mode gateway from the bigpond connection.

rseydler

Post by rseydler » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:22 pm

I can't do it from the bigpond connection as it is no longer active, the Exetel ADSL service replaced it.

It could be the draytek router I have as I doubt it would be the exetel connection.

Lakmal

Post by Lakmal » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:51 pm

Could you please let me know whether you are suffering from general internet connectivity problems when this issue occurs ?