Cannot connect to one website

Wired and wireless home networking
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: Cannot connect to one website

Post by KavindaS » Mon May 05, 2014 2:39 pm

maggie wrote:
Dazzled wrote:You stopped one before your target. Since we know it isn't talking to curl, we can reasonably assume that the server has been configured to ignore you totally. It just doesn't like you. It probably doesn't like a range of Exetel addresses, presumably because of an attack or some spam from an Exetel IP address. It does talk to my IP address.

Send an email to residentialsupport@exetel.com.au to see if they can persuade the site to lift their blockade.

iptables is default, as I expected.
Thanks Dazzled I will contact them.
If you could confirm, we may check with a change in your WAN IP.

maggie

Post by maggie » Mon May 05, 2014 3:12 pm

KavindaS wrote: If you could confirm, we may check with a change in your WAN IP.
How do I do that Kavinda?

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Mon May 05, 2014 3:39 pm

User Facility, under Services and Usage, though there's a risk your new address may be blocked by them also. Only one way to find out.

If you need the existing address for external logins to home, or a server, keep that in mind before you change. Interestingly though, your IP address isn't a lot different from mine, and mine works.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Mon May 05, 2014 3:45 pm

maggie wrote:
KavindaS wrote: If you could confirm, we may check with a change in your WAN IP.
How do I do that Kavinda?
You may change the IP exactly as explained by Dazzled and also keep in mind " If you need the existing address for external logins to home, or a server,"

There was a issue when changing IP via members didn't worked recently. However developers has fixed it today. So give it a try and if that fails let me know by confirming above as I need to change the IP manually.

maggie

Post by maggie » Mon May 05, 2014 4:01 pm

Just tried changing the IP. Unless it needs more time to filter through the sysytem it doesn't look like it is working.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Mon May 05, 2014 4:43 pm

maggie wrote:Just tried changing the IP. Unless it needs more time to filter through the sysytem it doesn't look like it is working.
Please PM me your OLD IP and the NEW IP.

maggie

Post by maggie » Mon May 05, 2014 6:56 pm

The web host has contacted me and confirmed the IP had been blocked for some reason. It has now been unblocked so I can access the site. Consider it solved. Thanks Dazzled and KavindaS for your good help.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Tue May 06, 2014 11:25 am

maggie wrote:The web host has contacted me and confirmed the IP had been blocked for some reason. It has now been unblocked so I can access the site. Consider it solved. Thanks Dazzled and KavindaS for your good help.
Ip has not changed and I have not manually changed since the issue is now resolved. :D