Slow and Erratic Internet Connection (ADSL2+)

Wired and wireless home networking
Farid

Slow and Erratic Internet Connection (ADSL2+)

Post by Farid » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:29 am

Hi. My internet connection has become rather haphazard and erratically slow during the past week. This is worse late at night. It's virtually the same for all websites, including the Google home page. One site out of the 26 favourite sites opens up relatively faster.

The problem is the same on both my PC and laptop. The modem I use is around 18 months old (Billion 7800dxl) and supposed to be a very good one. I have another modem which is new [used it for a short period of time when I bought it, but needed a router with better signal strength for all the rooms in the apartment and that's why bought the Billion]. I replaced the currently used modem [Billion] with the other virtually new modem [Netgear] and the problem still persists.

When I open a new tab, the progression bar [opening the site] shows slow activity taking place as time goes on [in terms of opening the site], and then after 8 or 9 seconds, the site opens up.

The problem is not as bad during daytime.

Look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks.
Farid

P.S. The day after - the problem is now bad during the day also. Connection is generally too slow, and at times it improves by itself!