Internet connections stalling

Wired and wireless home networking
adamvic

Internet connections stalling

Post by adamvic » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:31 pm

Hi Guys,
Last night and Today I have noticed that all my Two Linux boxes were having issues downloading updates as the download would progress to a random point the speed would slow down and then halt and never recover at first i thought this may just be congestion at the remote web server and though nothing of it even though one is debian and one is a ubuntu install..

Later this afternoon i noticed that the same thing was happening on my windows 7 laptop when i was committing and cloning from a git repo.. so the fault being at the other end is unlikely,
I have also noticed that periodically web browsing is affected as well as pages having to be refreshed a few times to load completely.

The main sites that seem to be affect are servers outside of the exetel network, and mostly the ones i access that are overseas seem to be affected more.

traceroutes to the end points don't bring anything to attention nor are any pings lost which i find strange, Rebooted both router and dsl modem several times will leave turned off over night just in case.

So my question is has anyone else experienced this is the last couple of days?

Cheers,
Adam

Kaushalya
Exetel Staff

Re: Internet connections stalling

Post by Kaushalya » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:26 pm

The main sites that seem to be affect are servers outside of the exetel network, and mostly the ones i access that are overseas seem to be affected more.
Please PM your service number so that we can have a look.

Kaushalya
Exetel Staff

Re: Internet connections stalling

Post by Kaushalya » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:03 pm

Hi Adam,

Thanks for sending me your service number. I have sent you an email to your nominated email address, please reply back for us to further investigate :)

Regards,
Kaushalya