Related to Outage : Unplanned Fibre Network Outage - All Suburbs, NSW

Wired and wireless home networking
luxford

Re: Related to Outage : Unplanned Fibre Network Outage - All Suburbs, NSW

Post by luxford » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:29 pm

Ok guys. What is going on? No answer to my previous post. 7.5 hrs for a reply is not shortly. Latest post on outage says services will be restored by 10/7/2019. Is that 10 July or 7 Oct. I have been a customer for 11 years and at the current rate will not see 12 years. FOR THE LAST TIME. AM I AFFECTED BY THE ERMINGTON CABLE DEBACLE OR IS IT SOMETHING ELSE? I am not a big user but have some business I need to attend to from my desktop but cannot do so and have not been able to for 5 days. I don't think I am asking too much for a simple reply which you should have been able to give me 3 days ago.

Bulli

Post by Bulli » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:11 am

Exetel,

Your handling of this outage is bloody awful to say the least !!

Whenever we ring we have to state our mobile phone number. When this outage occurred you never used these phone numbers to inform your customers of this fault. I'd like to know why ??? I had to search the net (from work) as to why I had no internet at home.

The updates are pathetic. 12 hours in between updates and then to find that they are wrong. Is 10th of July 2019 really the correct date for repair ?? I just spoke to a technician who says its 10th April 2019 ??

What about contingency plans for future events ?? Many business are stuffed because of this. What are you doing about this event occurring in the future ???

Are we going to get a credit for this time we haven't been able to access the internet ?? Can you use the mobile numbers to inform us when service is back on or at least email us when that odd occasional update has been uploaded.

Bloody frustrated customer !!!

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:52 pm

luxford wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:29 pm
Ok guys. What is going on? No answer to my previous post. 7.5 hrs for a reply is not shortly. Latest post on outage says services will be restored by 10/7/2019. Is that 10 July or 7 Oct. I have been a customer for 11 years and at the current rate will not see 12 years. FOR THE LAST TIME. AM I AFFECTED BY THE ERMINGTON CABLE DEBACLE OR IS IT SOMETHING ELSE? I am not a big user but have some business I need to attend to from my desktop but cannot do so and have not been able to for 5 days. I don't think I am asking too much for a simple reply which you should have been able to give me 3 days ago.
Unfortunately there is no message from you in my inbox, as per to my request made on 04th April to message your service number. Can you try re sending the message now? or drop an email to me directly on kavindas@exetel.com.au ?

"10/7/2019" was a typo and we have corrected now. Please accept our apologies for this.

luxford

Post by luxford » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:04 pm

Just sent you an email.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:58 pm

luxford wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:04 pm
Just sent you an email.
I have no idea about the reason, since I didn't receive any email from you. Can you re check the email address and if you have sent it to the correct address, reply here with your customer id of your service ?

luxford

Post by luxford » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:17 pm

Service number is 0263.............

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:29 pm

luxford wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:17 pm
Service number is 02634.....
I have copied the number you have given above. I will check this and provide you a feedback. You may edit your response and hide the number now.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:44 pm

luxford wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:17 pm
Service number is 0263.............
I have checked your service. Your service location is connected with the Dubbo service area.

Please refer the last update we have provided in the main notification thread viewtopic.php?p=325926#p325926

We have confirmation from the Wholesale Supplier that the outage has been restored for Wollongong, Nowra, Berkeley Vale, Campbelltown, Richmond, Mosman, Rockdale, Albury and suburbs surrounding these areas.

We are currently following up with the Wholesale Supplier on the restoration of services affected in Pendle Hill, Dubbo and suburbs surrounding these areas, but we are yet to receive an estimated time of resolution at this stage.
Unquote

luxford

Post by luxford » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:29 pm

Thank you for your reply. I find it a little interesting when Dubbo is over 200kms and 2.5 hours drive from me when Orange, Bathurst and Parkes are all much closer. I am just glad that I am no longer running my business and have retired because this outage would have been the end of my business.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:04 pm

luxford wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:29 pm
Thank you for your reply. I find it a little interesting when Dubbo is over 200kms and 2.5 hours drive from me when Orange, Bathurst and Parkes are all much closer. I am just glad that I am no longer running my business and have retired because this outage would have been the end of my business.
This is why I wanted to have your service number first, so I can clearly checked with the NBN system, to make sure which customer service area the service belongs to.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:22 pm

Bulli wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:11 am
Exetel,

Your handling of this outage is bloody awful to say the least !!

Whenever we ring we have to state our mobile phone number. When this outage occurred you never used these phone numbers to inform your customers of this fault. I'd like to know why ??? I had to search the net (from work) as to why I had no internet at home.

The updates are pathetic. 12 hours in between updates and then to find that they are wrong. Is 10th of July 2019 really the correct date for repair ?? I just spoke to a technician who says its 10th April 2019 ??

What about contingency plans for future events ?? Many business are stuffed because of this. What are you doing about this event occurring in the future ???

Are we going to get a credit for this time we haven't been able to access the internet ?? Can you use the mobile numbers to inform us when service is back on or at least email us when that odd occasional update has been uploaded.

Bloody frustrated customer !!!
Firstly, we’re sorry you’ve been caught up in the mess of this large outage. We are working hard with our wholesale suppliers to get all services restored ASAP. Sorry to hear that your Exetel experience hasn’t been great so far. We pride ourselves on keeping our costs as low as possible, so we trust that you understand that it sometimes takes a little more fine-tuning for us to bring a product to market given our low margins. However, once the outage is fully resolved, we will consider on the credit request you have mentioned. Kindly note, this is not a minor outage that has caused, as we have explained through the notification forums thread.