New NBN with no external access and port fowarding

Wired and wireless home networking
brucec

New NBN with no external access and port fowarding

Post by brucec » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:37 pm

New NBN HFC connection in an working OK.

I need external access to internal servers, the same as my old Exetel ADSL setup had for security cameras etc. I have configured the port forwarding in the ZTE router.
Sample-Port-Forwarding.jpg
Sample-Port-Forwarding.jpg (30.08 KiB) Viewed 160 times

No access to internal servers is available from internet using the external IP address, even the external IP address does not ping (WAN ping filter is off). Internally port forwarding works OK when using the current external IP address on the internal network, so port forwarding appears setup correctly..
Sample-ExternalIP.jpg
Sample-ExternalIP.jpg (30.43 KiB) Viewed 160 times

I am unsure if I have a static IP address. Do I need to have static IP to get port forwarding access ? Your "Sales" people said go to Service & Usage | Manage | Manage IP to request a static IP. All that is displayed is "Change IPv4 Address", which I have done, but is this now static ?
Members-Services-ManageIP.jpg
Members-Services-ManageIP.jpg (52.71 KiB) Viewed 160 times

Anyhow, please advise how I get external access via port forwarding.

Bruce
Service number 0201491489

judep
Exetel Staff

Re: New NBN with no external access and port fowarding

Post by judep » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:32 pm

brucec wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:37 pm
New NBN HFC connection in an working OK.

I need external access to internal servers, the same as my old Exetel ADSL setup had for security cameras etc. I have configured the port forwarding in the ZTE router.

Sample-Port-Forwarding.jpg

No access to internal servers is available from internet using the external IP address, even the external IP address does not ping (WAN ping filter is off). Internally port forwarding works OK when using the current external IP address on the internal network, so port forwarding appears setup correctly..

Sample-ExternalIP.jpg

I am unsure if I have a static IP address. Do I need to have static IP to get port forwarding access ? Your "Sales" people said go to Service & Usage | Manage | Manage IP to request a static IP. All that is displayed is "Change IPv4 Address", which I have done, but is this now static ?

Members-Services-ManageIP.jpg

Anyhow, please advise how I get external access via port forwarding.

Bruce
Service number 0201491489
Hi Bruce,

Thank you for reaching us, I have changed your IP address to a static IP address therefore kindly power cycle the modem and re test as the issue should now be resolved. If issues still persists let us know

Your Ref#16043608

Thanks.

brucec

Post by brucec » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:44 pm

That worked, thank you for the really fast response.

Now we have the static IP address sorted, I will need to have the domain registration updated. Can you please advise who to contact or arrange for the new IP address to be used.

:D

Dushyanthan
Exetel Staff

Post by Dushyanthan » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:54 pm

brucec wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:44 pm
That worked, thank you for the really fast response.

Now we have the static IP address sorted, I will need to have the domain registration updated. Can you please advise who to contact or arrange for the new IP address to be used.

:D
We wish to inform you that, your query is being escalated to the relevant department and once we receive an update we will update you soon.

brucec

Post by brucec » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:18 pm

No change yet.

Last time Exetel changed my IP address it took nearly 2 weeks for you to update the DNS. It seems no body knows how to do this even though Exetel maintains the Domain Registry.

Many years ago the members services page had the ability to update the zone record. I could change IP address for the domain, add C records etc. Now nothing. I just have to ask Exetel multiple times just to the most basic domain maintenance of updating the IP as I have no access to do so.

Can you please get the domain updated or provide me with access to do so?

nilushid
Exetel Staff

Post by nilushid » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:14 pm

brucec wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:18 pm
No change yet.

Last time Exetel changed my IP address it took nearly 2 weeks for you to update the DNS. It seems no body knows how to do this even though Exetel maintains the Domain Registry.

Many years ago the members services page had the ability to update the zone record. I could change IP address for the domain, add C records etc. Now nothing. I just have to ask Exetel multiple times just to the most basic domain maintenance of updating the IP as I have no access to do so.

Can you please get the domain updated or provide me with access to do so?
We understand your frustration over this matter and we are extreamly sorry for the delay. We already escalated the matter to our back end hosting team. We are hoping to hear from them soon. We will get back to you as soon as our team get back to us.

Ref #16043608

nilushid
Exetel Staff

Post by nilushid » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:15 pm

nilushid wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:14 pm

We understand your frustration over this matter and we are extreamly sorry for the delay. We already escalated the matter to our back end hosting team. We are hoping to hear from them soon. We will get back to you as soon as our team get back to us.

Ref #16043608
Our hosting team has informed that your they have managed to get the domain updated from the back end. You should be able to view it on"myexetel" portal now.