ZTE-H268A wifi reception became less sensitive

Wired and wireless home networking
Post Reply
chrismugdan
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:45 pm

ZTE-H268A wifi reception became less sensitive

Post by chrismugdan » Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:14 pm

My ZTE-H268A modem reduced its reception sensitivity to the extent that all devices that were further than about a metre away got no signal. I restarted the modem and the sensitivity returned to normal. Is this a known problem with these modems? My firmware is currently version V1.0.1_ETL.1T7

I am concerned that this problem may occur when I am away and I cannot then reach my WiFi security devices. I was thinking of putting the modem on a mains timer so I could cycle the power every one or two days but I am worried that this could also have a deleterious effect on the modem.

Does anyone have any knowledge of this problem or any thoughts on what to do about it?

Cheers,
Chris

KavindaS
Exetel Staff
Posts: 2715
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: ZTE-H268A wifi reception became less sensitive

Post by KavindaS » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:02 pm

chrismugdan wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:14 pm
My ZTE-H268A modem reduced its reception sensitivity to the extent that all devices that were further than about a metre away got no signal. I restarted the modem and the sensitivity returned to normal. Is this a known problem with these modems? My firmware is currently version V1.0.1_ETL.1T7

I am concerned that this problem may occur when I am away and I cannot then reach my WiFi security devices. I was thinking of putting the modem on a mains timer so I could cycle the power every one or two days but I am worried that this could also have a deleterious effect on the modem.

Does anyone have any knowledge of this problem or any thoughts on what to do about it?

Cheers,
Chris
Hi Chris,

I am happy to update the modem to the latest firmware and check. Please PM me the service number / customer id.

chrismugdan
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:45 pm

Re: ZTE-H268A wifi reception became less sensitive

Post by chrismugdan » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:51 pm

Hi Kavinda,

I think that my service number is 02014....
Would that be right?

Chris

KavindaS
Exetel Staff
Posts: 2715
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: ZTE-H268A wifi reception became less sensitive

Post by KavindaS » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:42 pm

chrismugdan wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:51 pm
Hi Kavinda,

I think that my service number is 02014....
Would that be right?

Chris
Hi Chris,

Number is correct and I have hide part of it. Firmware has been updated to the latest and therefore, power reboot the modem and check accordingly. Ticket reference number is 16802119.

chrismugdan
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:45 pm

Re: ZTE-H268A wifi reception became less sensitive

Post by chrismugdan » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:02 am

OK, thanks. That appears to be the new version (H268A V1.0.1_ETL.1T9).
Chris

KavindaS
Exetel Staff
Posts: 2715
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: ZTE-H268A wifi reception became less sensitive

Post by KavindaS » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:04 pm

chrismugdan wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:02 am
OK, thanks. That appears to be the new version (H268A V1.0.1_ETL.1T9).
Chris
Hi Chris,
That is correct :)

Post Reply