can not connect to online game

HSPA setup and configuration (for wireless networking, please use the 'Networking issue' forum)
immann

can not connect to online game

Post by immann » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:17 am

I was trying to play a online game today, but I can not connect to thier server, their server address is 125.65.108.37:9000, would you please check it for me?

Last time when I play a new online game, the same thing happened, but after I send you the server address, it works ok. Do you have a block or something on the connection? I really do not want to contact you every time I want to play a new online game.

tocpcs

Post by tocpcs » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:05 am

I can reach the server fine from here, but, that's not to say I can play the game.

Exetel, as far as I know, do not specifically block connections to any outbound address, so I doubt your 'block' theory is anywhere near accurate.

CLoSeR

Re: can not connect to online game

Post by CLoSeR » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:13 am

immann wrote:I was trying to play a online game today, but I can not connect to thier server, their server address is 125.65.108.37:9000, would you please check it for me?

Last time when I play a new online game, the same thing happened, but after I send you the server address, it works ok. Do you have a block or something on the connection? I really do not want to contact you every time I want to play a new online game.
Since another customer can access this server, I would suggest you could have been blocked by the game servers admins.
Need to log a fault ticket? Go here: https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au/

immann

Post by immann » Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:23 pm

I can access to that address too, but I can not login to the game. It is just like last time,I can not login even when the server is perfect, but after I ask exetel to check the server address, I can login even when the server is busy. Would you please check it for me?

DylanF
Exetel Staff

Post by DylanF » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:03 pm

immann wrote:I can access to that address too, but I can not login to the game. It is just like last time,I can not login even when the server is perfect, but after I ask exetel to check the server address, I can login even when the server is busy. Would you please check it for me?
I have tested this IP and port, and I can successfully establish a connection to it through telnet.

Can you please test that for me? If you are on Windows XP do the following please:

- Go to start
- Go to run
- type 'telnet 125.65.108.37 9000' (without the ')
- Press OK

Please let me know if you get an error when trying this, or if the screen starts displaying un-recognisable text.

If this does display this text, you are able to connect to that IP and port. There could be an issue with the software / game on your computer.

If you are unable to connect to it, you could be:

- A) Blocked from the server by the admins
- B) A firewall / virus program issue on your computer.

For interests sake (and to aid with further investigation) please PM me with the game that you are trying to connect to.

You could also change your IP address through the user facilities area, that may get around any blocking in place on the server.