Setting up a wireless router - Problems

HSPA setup and configuration (for wireless networking, please use the 'Networking issue' forum)
madar

Setting up a wireless router - Problems

Post by madar » Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:49 pm

Today i bought a D-Link DI-524 wireless router that would be connected to a Netcomm NB5Plus4 modem.
Everything seems to be going ok, except i can't connect to the net once everything is set up... so, no, not everythhing is ok.
I followed all instructions and tutorials about connection, selected PPPoE connection, put in my exetel user name and password, but still, nothing works. All lights are blinking and flashing as they should. Power, PPP, ADSL and "1" are on my modem, and Power, Status, WAN, WLAN, 1 are on my wireless router.....
I'm at a loss, i have no idea what to do, is anyone able to provide an explanation as to why i cannot connect?
The wireless network is fine, but it's just getting the buggers to hook up to Exetel. I have another computer upstairs that can connect to the network, however cannot get onto the net.

ymo

Post by ymo » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:03 am

How many computers do you have (wired and wireless)?
Have you put your modem into bridge mode? (If you do this you cannot use the other 3 ethernet ports or the USB port on your modem).
If you haven't put the modem in bridge mode, the router cannot use PPP.

JasonM

Post by JasonM » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:51 am

See here: http://kb.netcomm.com.au/kb/default.asp?id=1042&Lang=1

Once done, connect your router,