Getting low speed on the first day of connection :(

HSPA setup and configuration (for wireless networking, please use the 'Networking issue' forum)
peter0626

Getting low speed on the first day of connection :(

Post by peter0626 » Mon May 12, 2008 6:36 pm

Hi there

I signed up for a 512 wireless plan and right now I'm only getting max 12kb/s... shouldnt I be getting around 50kb/s?

I did follow the steps specified from http://www.exetel.com.au/wl_setup_instr ... ink=link07#. The signal light of my modem in now green. If anyone can help, I'll pm you the information you need.

Oh by the way, I connecting this modem through a router. So what should I do to make this connection also available for other PC? The method provided from the link is available for single user only right?

Thanks

EDIT: I tried to logon to the main page using the user name and password sent to me via email and it says as if I forgotton my password. I'm pretty confused right now because one of your customer service staff said itll take 4-5 days to connect for wireless services. I lodged my application last friday and I get the email of my login details today.. So do I need to wait for a while or?

DylanF
Exetel Staff

Re: Getting low speed on the first day of connection :(

Post by DylanF » Fri May 16, 2008 6:38 pm

peter0626 wrote:Hi there

I signed up for a 512 wireless plan and right now I'm only getting max 12kb/s... shouldnt I be getting around 50kb/s?

I did follow the steps specified from http://www.exetel.com.au/wl_setup_instr ... ink=link07#. The signal light of my modem in now green. If anyone can help, I'll pm you the information you need.

Oh by the way, I connecting this modem through a router. So what should I do to make this connection also available for other PC? The method provided from the link is available for single user only right?

Thanks

EDIT: I tried to logon to the main page using the user name and password sent to me via email and it says as if I forgotton my password. I'm pretty confused right now because one of your customer service staff said itll take 4-5 days to connect for wireless services. I lodged my application last friday and I get the email of my login details today.. So do I need to wait for a while or?
Hi Peter,

Please email more specific details to residentialsupport@exetel.com.au, with ATTN: DYLAN in the subject line. Once I receive this I will take a look and assist you with your problems ASAP.

peter0626

Re: Getting low speed on the first day of connection :(

Post by peter0626 » Fri May 16, 2008 7:50 pm

DylanF wrote:
peter0626 wrote:Hi there

Thanks

Hi Peter,

Please email more specific details to residentialsupport@exetel.com.au, with ATTN: DYLAN in the subject line. Once I receive this I will take a look and assist you with your problems ASAP.
Thanks Dylan, the problem's solved. I guess I connected on the wrong moment.

In addition, I do get slow speeds while playing on CS servers. Normally with a 512/128 connection I would get a latency around 50, but I usually get above 150 and was never below 120.. Is that normal for this type of connection?