connecting wireless router to netcomm nb6

HSPA setup and configuration (for wireless networking, please use the 'Networking issue' forum)
mikehowsam

connecting wireless router to netcomm nb6

Post by mikehowsam » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:26 pm

Hi Guys i am a new customer to exetel and have purchased the netcomm nb6. I previously had a dsl1 connection with telstra and used a TPLink wr642g wireless router no problems however with the netcomm nb6 the tplink router is not picking up the wan settings at all?? the connection is working fine wired so this is not an issue....anyone got any ideas or should i just bugger it and buy a nb6w??
cheers Mike

peterh_oz

Re: connecting wireless router to netcomm nb6

Post by peterh_oz » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:39 pm

Shpuld be absolutely no difference. The only setting you need to change is the login & password for your ADSL. These could be in the modem, or in the router, depending on your settings.

Are you sure you haven't changed something else by mistake?

outbush

Post by outbush » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:46 pm

mikehowsam wrote:Hi Guys i am a new customer to exetel and have purchased the netcomm nb6. I previously had a dsl1 connection with telstra and used a TPLink wr642g wireless router no problems however with the netcomm nb6 the tplink router is not picking up the wan settings at all?? the connection is working fine wired so this is not an issue....anyone got any ideas or should i just bugger it and buy a nb6w??
cheers Mike
Maybe there is some ideas here to help you connect two routers together:
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-re ... m?t=933757

mikehowsam

Post by mikehowsam » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:43 pm

sounds like i need to be running bridge mode cheers for that article guys made it very easy to understand :)
regards Mike

mikehowsam

Post by mikehowsam » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:29 pm

Maybe there is some ideas here to help you connect two routers together:
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-re ... m?t=933757
Cheers for that link outbush u r a legend went for wan bypass mode worked a treat all good now thanks again mate :D
Regards Mike