Set up on Nokia N95

HSPA setup and configuration (for wireless networking, please use the 'Networking issue' forum)
Morphed

Re: Set up on Nokia N95

Post by Morphed » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:17 pm

No we haven't.Have consulted Dell instruction manual . Unfortunately i can't find in the manual how to disable the firewall. I presume this is why the laptop can't receive the info from the Nokia because of the firewall.

sable

Post by sable » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:24 pm

in Vista go Control Panel/Widows Firewall and configure accordingly there

Morphed

Post by Morphed » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:17 pm

Just discovered our firewall has been off and the connection still didn't work.

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:46 pm

Morphed wrote:Just discovered our firewall has been off and the connection still didn't work.
do you have any non Vista computer you can try it with?

Morphed

Post by Morphed » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:42 pm

will give it a go on an xp compaq.

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:45 pm

Morphed wrote:will give it a go on an xp compaq.
good idea, that will at least let you know if it is a problem with Vista or not

Morphed

Post by Morphed » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:45 am

We had it running last night perfectly. When we fired up this morning it wouldn't. I am wondering if that's because the firewalls have been restored. I will be on holidays and have another attempt late next week and would appreciate your help again.

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:53 am

Morphed wrote:We had it running last night perfectly. When we fired up this morning it wouldn't. I am wondering if that's because the firewalls have been restored. I will be on holidays and have another attempt late next week and would appreciate your help again.
just post back when you are using it next and we'll see if we can help you sort it out then, the fact that you had it going at least shows that it can work so that's a step in the right direction :)

Morphed

Re: Set up on Nokia N95/Fring

Post by Morphed » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:51 pm

Internet via laptop working fine now. Next problem is getting Fring set up properly. It is loaded on the Nokia N95 and allows a test call. I am unable to enter SIP details as i only have these options below to select a SIP service name.
A1, Gizmo, Voipstunt,Free world dial up,Voip cheap,Sipnet and voip buster. Any light on which one of these to use so that i can enter the exetel SIP set-up.

atreloar

Re: Set up on Nokia N95/Fring

Post by atreloar » Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:00 pm

Suggest you try these two addresses for information on sip for your mobile phone

For general set up
http://exewiki.exetel.com.au/index.php? ... _over_WiFi

For Fring set up
http://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=28593

Morphed

Re: Set up Fring on Nokia N95

Post by Morphed » Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:05 pm

Has anyone out there been able to set up the SIP required for voip/Fring on the Nokia N95. I'ver tried so many combinations/sites with absolutely no luck. Fring is loaded on the mobile but only will allow cellular calls not voip. Test call to Fring works fine though!!

samarium

Post by samarium » Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:46 am

I expect I'll have a N95 to borrow in the next couple of days when I setup one for my mum, so I'll let you know if I find anything useful.

When I configured my N82 with Fring / SIP, I used the SIP Other setting & configured for exetel.

Likewise with the N82, I downloaded the Nokia SIP Settings SIS application, and used that to configure the native SIP client.

Morphed

Post by Morphed » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:34 am

Have you been able to setup the N95 as yet.

samarium

Post by samarium » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:22 pm

Haven't got to it as yet, other things I needed to setup for mum first, combined with I've been away, and she's been away, and this will be an issue over the next month.

Note that I'm not talking about using fring, just using the nokia sip client is my first target.

Morphed

Post by Morphed » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:07 pm

Yes setting up the correct sip is our current problem. We have also been away and about to go to Brisbane. I have also just received an email from Exetel about the proposed charge for not using voip. Amazing since they cannot help me or Nokia. All i would like to do is be able to use the technology asap.There was step by step details about how to set up the sip for the Nokia on the net but it was posted by a guy in the States. Even trying the numbers supplied by exetel i was still unable to make it work. You are just left to your own devices.Once i have success i will post the whole process step by step to help someone else in my predicament so that they don't have to waste the days of frustration that i have had. I realise this is new technology but when you are in your 50's and still learning to be computer literate it is quite a challenge. Look forward to hear from you later. :?