HTC Diamond and HSPA

HSPA setup and configuration (for wireless networking, please use the 'Networking issue' forum)
NeoX

HTC Diamond and HSPA

Post by NeoX » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:43 pm

Hi,

I've just activated my HSPA sim card on my diamond (Got the HSPA M1 - HA) for some reason I can't connect to the internet with it :(

My ported mobile number works fine in that I can make and receive calls but when I try to connect to the internet it couldn't do it :( Is there some settings that I need to setup on my Diamond?

Any help is appreciated.

PS: I've tried going onto optus zoo and getting them to send me the settings to my mobile but it says : service unavailable. I don't know if it's due to the fact that I"m using exetel sim?

dbr

Re: HTC Diamond and HSPA

Post by dbr » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:17 am

Have you checked the APN is set to exetel1?
http://www.saferoz.com.au
First Aid * Fire * Safety

NeoX

Post by NeoX » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:45 pm

everything's sorted. think there was a delay in getting it to connect to exetel1 apn.

I noticed someone mentioned access number as well? Do we need this as I can connect to the net by just putting in the apn. don't know where to put in the access number.....

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:13 pm

NeoX wrote:I can connect to the net by just putting in the apn.
If so, then great, ignore the access number. Perhaps the HTC (and other phones) have their access numbers hardwired, because it is just *99# anyway and only used if your device is a modem which requires a dial-in number to initiate it.

pox67

Post by pox67 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:12 pm

Sorry to drag up an old thread but I have just put an HSPA sim into my HTC HD2 and can't connect to the internet although the telephone/SMS part is OK.

I know I need to enter Exetel1 somewhere but can't find an APN setting.

Any help would be MUCH appreciated!

Cheers.

Lol, I shouldn't have paniced, google to the rescue. Once I knew APN = Access Point Name I found it in the Data Connection settings. If you run through the setup for Optus Internet you will come to a setting for Access Point Name. Enter exetel1 here and on the next screen it wants a username/password - enter nothing and just click finish. Hey presto instant internet access!