HSPA error 619

HSPA setup and configuration (for wireless networking, please use the 'Networking issue' forum)
taoyang

HSPA error 619

Post by taoyang » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:04 pm

Hi Exetel's support team,
For some reason, I found I can not submit any HSPA support ticket online or over phone. So, I post my problem here and hope get help.

I reveived my Wireless Broadband kit (SIM card+ a Huawei e169 modem) this morning, while the HSPA service has been activated online last friday and I got an activation successful SMS a short time later.

I was trying to connect my E169 to internet, but no luck. I got Error 619 after it attempts authentication.

Error 619: A connection to the remote computer could not be established, so the port used for this connection was closed.

I searched the forum and cannot find a working solution for me. Don't know what to do next.

Could you plz shed me some light on this?

cheers
taoyang

taoyang

Re: HSPA error 619

Post by taoyang » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:04 pm

never mind. Problem solved.

I get a typo in APN's name.

alias

Post by alias » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:49 pm

i got this problem also. i opened a ticket and was told by exetel support via email that it was due to a poorly maintained operating system and that I needed to apply a patch - which was not a MS patch - to resolve. this didn't seem right to me so a little bit more investigation showed the same cause as the original poster, the APN was incorrect. Even though when I installed the modem for the first time and I entered BROADBAND in the SP prompt, the APN was not changed to exetel1, once i changed this manually then it worked fine.

as an aside, on my windows laptop and any other windows laptop i use, the same thing happens, entering Broadband in the SP dialog box does not make the default the APN to exetel1, and when i manually change and save it, it is ok for that session, but not retained. On my mac it works fine *shrug*

xhris

Post by xhris » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:20 pm

Hi,

I have recently installed the "Wireless Broadband" software for the Huawei E169 on my wifes winXP laptop (previously been working on my Mac).

I have exactly the same problem. When I entered "BROADBAND" the APN stayed as "connect" (or something similar). When I changed the APN to exetel1 it all worked. However the next time I went to use it I got error 619 and when I checked the APN is had changed back to "connect". I have tried this now many times.

Any ideas how to force the profile to actually save permanetely the APN. Just clicking "save" does not seem to save it.

Pav L
Exetel Staff

Post by Pav L » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:52 pm

xhris wrote:Hi,

I have recently installed the "Wireless Broadband" software for the Huawei E169 on my wifes winXP laptop (previously been working on my Mac).

I have exactly the same problem. When I entered "BROADBAND" the APN stayed as "connect" (or something similar). When I changed the APN to exetel1 it all worked. However the next time I went to use it I got error 619 and when I checked the APN is had changed back to "connect". I have tried this now many times.

Any ideas how to force the profile to actually save permanetely the APN. Just clicking "save" does not seem to save it.
You could try using the version of the client listed here - http://help.optuszoo.com.au/help/wirele ... nected/usb, direct link - http://help.optuszoo.com.au/img/cms/zoo ... client.zip

xhris

Post by xhris » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:23 am

The work around is discussed in this forum post:

http://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.ph ... +error+619