iPhone HSPA connection help

HSPA setup and configuration (for wireless networking, please use the 'Networking issue' forum)
mranderson808

iPhone HSPA connection help

Post by mranderson808 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:35 am

Yesterday I received my Exetel HSPA sim card. I activated my account online at around 8:00am (also porting my number from previous Optus account). My account was activated at around 5:00pm yesterday. I setup a VOIP number (which works when I am connected to WIFI at home). Exetel members area says that I don't have a mobile account, even though I ordered the HA plan with my HSPA service. When I call my mobile number from another phone I get a message from Optus saying the number has been disconnected.

I have emailed Exetel & they just reply that my account has been activated. My phone (iPhone 3G purchased on Optus prepaid, but unlocked) displays 'NO SERVICE'. There is no option to change the APN in the settings, but I found the site unlockit.nz & configured it for Exetel1.

I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me what I have done wrong...

Thank you,
Clinton.

shermanf
Exetel Staff

Re: iPhone HSPA connection help

Post by shermanf » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:32 pm

The port had failed through the automation process but was processed and activated manually later that day. A manual reset (removing sim card and battery from the phone for approx 5 minutes) is required if you are still not cable to make/receive calls.