Connection & Support Problems

HSPA setup and configuration (for wireless networking, please use the 'Networking issue' forum)
monsoon

Connection & Support Problems

Post by monsoon » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:27 pm

Hello,

I have tried to log a support ticket online but when I press the submit button it won't go through as the email dropdown list that is required is blank and I can't change it? I'm not sure who to contact and I have tried calling exetel but I can't get through as written below.

The problem is my connection is suddenly not working. I get the following error since 1am this morning and it still was like this around 11.am:

Error 619: A connection to the remote computer could not be established so the port used for this connection was closed.

I have been using this service and since last night it has suddenly stopped working. It seems my account has been disabled or something?

I have no internet access unless I come down to the library. I also can not even contact exetel support on the phone as I cant get through to support as my signup number is not accepted. I then tried calling sales to see if they would put me through but I waited for 20 minutes on my mobile phone and I still did not get through. i then tried again on a public phone and I also waited for an extremly long time and no one answered and this cost me .50c per minute. Why have I not been given a proper support phone number?

so the support is reallyt bad, i cant get through on phone, the web support doesnt allow me to use it and I have no interent access unless i go to my library which is a hassle as its a long way from where I live and u are only allowed to use it once per day.

I have sent them an email so I hope they get back to me. They really need to sort out their support system for HSPA users as this is really not fair. I have spent all morning trying to contact them and around $50 on phone calls

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Connection & Support Problems

Post by Dazzled » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:21 pm

"Error 619" is a Windows message, and is related to some known bugs, so it is also possible your internet service still works. Have you checked the modem, or tested the connection with an other computer on the modem, or put another operating system on board from a live CD? Google up the error, or visit http://support.microsoft.com/

monsoon

Post by monsoon » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:08 pm

Hi,
Actually I printed out the other thread about this same error and when I got home I was going to try the fix. The funny thing is though when I got home the connection was now working even though it stopped working the the previous 18 hours or so. I never changed anything either.

So now I would like to get the support problems worked out so if I ever need to contact their support again (I hope I never do, sigh) then I would like a contact channel as this is absolutely ridiculous what I had to go through! I'm now going to make an official complaint to the senior support people as is written in the email I got back.
Dazzled wrote:"Error 619" is a Windows message, and is related to some known bugs, so it is also possible your internet service still works. Have you checked the modem, or tested the connection with an other computer on the modem, or put another operating system on board from a live CD? Google up the error, or visit http://support.microsoft.com/
I do realise your trying to help but you need to get back to reality, not everyone is a computer geek that can install operating systems at the drop of a hat, I think you expected me to install linex in my last issue as well. I also have only moved to this area so I don't have friends at my disposal to rely on to start installing things on their computers. Also this error seems to be an authentication error which points to it been server related.

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:09 pm

I was trying to help, I remember your last posts. But that error you have seen is associated with a documented bug, and that possibility should first be eliminated. To put another computer on the same modem needs no technical ability, and a self-booting CD on your computer needs nothing much either. You could have used the Windows Install CD if it only had running internet software on it. We are only trying to find out if something else besides your copy of Windows works using that same modem. If it does, then you have the bug. If it doesn't, then the "unable to connect" error message now means to look for a modem or line fault.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:43 pm

monsoon wrote:Error 619: A connection to the remote computer could not be established so the port used for this connection was closed.
I have seen this error too. It is a generic windows error for dial-up connection (which the E169 emulates) when the remote server doesn't accept the call but I don't think it is caused by Windows. I usually dismiss it as general congestion on the mobile tower I am trying to connect to but I don't know the actual cause of it. It usually goes away naturally after 30 minutes on the rare occasions that it happens to me.
monsoon wrote:I also can not even contact exetel support on the phone as I cant get through to support as my signup number is not accepted. I then tried calling sales to see if they would put me through but I waited for 20 minutes on my mobile phone and I still did not get through. i then tried again on a public phone and I also waited for an extremly long time and no one answered and this cost me .50c per minute.
I will bring this issue to Exetel's attention.

monsoon

Post by monsoon » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:05 pm

CoreyPlover wrote: I have seen this error too. It is a generic windows error for dial-up connection (which the E169 emulates) when the remote server doesn't accept the call but I don't think it is caused by Windows. I usually dismiss it as general congestion on the mobile tower I am trying to connect to but I don't know the actual cause of it. It usually goes away naturally after 30 minutes on the rare occasions that it happens to me.
Yes I do think it is something server/network related as well and this sheds more weight on that theory. I also noticed that my connection dramatically improves in speed late at night so this points to some bandwidth bottleneck although at least I get a stable connection since I moved up here near Newcastle (besides when the Error 619 happens). Also I had that error in the early hours of the morning as well so I doubt it was caused by congestion that time.
monsoon wrote:I also can not even contact exetel support on the phone as I cant get through to support as my signup number is not accepted. I then tried calling sales to see if they would put me through but I waited for 20 minutes on my mobile phone and I still did not get through. i then tried again on a public phone and I also waited for an extremly long time and no one answered and this cost me .50c per minute.
CoreyPlover wrote:I will bring this issue to Exetel's attention.
thanks, I have also been in communication with technical support over this and helping them track the bugs in the HSPA support system.

monsoon

Post by monsoon » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:01 pm

Seem to be getting a lot of congestion at peak times, browsing has slowed to 90's dial up speeds this evening. Can we expect improvements in the future?