Are there any issues with the Optus Network ATM?

HSPA setup and configuration (for wireless networking, please use the 'Networking issue' forum)
zforum69

Are there any issues with the Optus Network ATM?

Post by zforum69 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:28 pm

I'm setting up my friends Exetel HSP service. I've been testing it out for him for a few days now, but now I can no longer connect. Using the Wireless Broadband software that was installed with the E1762, I can see I have very good signal (-85dBm, 5bars), but when I try to connect I get an "Error 619: A connection to the remote computer could not be established, so the port used for this connection was closed."

I know the device is configured correctly as I have been using it for a few days now (including this morning) and have rechecked the values (incl "exetel1" for the APN APN). To help isolate the problem I put in a my work's vodafone SIM and it was fine (with a different config profile of course).

I see no issues on the Exetel Network Status Page. I've lodged a ticket through the Exetel IVR but since this is my friend's service I don't think they will ring the right person as it did not ask for a contact person. From the above symptoms I think it is something on the Exetel side or link between Optus and Exetel of some sort. At this moment I am in Canberra (Lyneham).

Any clues?

Z

JasonM

Re: Are there any issues with the Optus Network ATM?

Post by JasonM » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:31 pm

We are looking into this issue.

zforum69

Post by zforum69 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:49 pm

I just tested it, it looks like it is back up.

Z

Munka

Post by Munka » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:55 pm

JasonM wrote:We are looking into this issue.
Thats great JasonM, as I have had a very unstable connection all day.
Munka

Munka

Post by Munka » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:54 pm

Munka wrote:
JasonM wrote:We are looking into this issue.
Thats great JasonM, as I have had a very unstable connection all day.
Seems to have stabilized now.
Munka

zforum69

Post by zforum69 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:01 pm

I think we spoke too soon. For me it now authenticates OK but no net connection, can't get to any of the name servers 220.233.0.3 and 220.233.0.4. However, I am now testing in a different location in Canberra, and my symptoms are slightly different, but I bet it is still the same related issue.

Anyway hopefully it it all gets better in the morning.

Z

zforum69

Post by zforum69 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:19 am

As hoped it came good this morning. I'm not sure exactly when, but hopefully it will stay that way.

Z

yobbo71

Post by yobbo71 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:26 am

Hmm im just wondering if there are issues with the network at the moment.

Everything was working fine uptill about 30 mins ago, I lost connection and now when i try to connect I get.

error 619: A connection to the remote computer could not be established, so the port used for this connection was closed.

On the wireless broadband app in the bottom left corner is wcdma yes optus with 4 bars so im assuming ive got signal.

Ahh well seems whatever it was is fixed, Its back on now. Was only down for 90 mins or so.

Log Cabin

Post by Log Cabin » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:22 am

yobbo71 wrote:

Ahh well seems whatever it was is fixed, Its back on now. Was only down for 90 mins or so.

Same here

toast

Post by toast » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:02 pm

My Nokia E66 mobile phone cannot connect to the Exetel HSPA service today. I've tried connecting the native VoIP, surfing the web with the browser but none seem to work. I've even turned the phone off and on again but still a no go.

I can call the phone's 04 number and it can call other phones via non-VoIP.

Is it me (likely) or is there something up with the HSPA network (unlikely)?

I'm in Subiaco, Perth by the way.

trissy

Post by trissy » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:41 pm

not sure if it is related to this particular issue, however I found that I get that error alot when I am in densly populated areas, and areas where I would assume there to be a large amount of HSPA usage. I simply attributed it to there being no 'channels' left. Happy to be corrected however.
Tristan.