Connects but doesn't authenticate

HSPA setup and configuration (for wireless networking, please use the 'Networking issue' forum)
SimonG

Connects but doesn't authenticate

Post by SimonG » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:53 pm

I've started to have an issue with my Exetel wireless service the last week or so - it establishes a connection with Exetel and then times out on authentication. I've got 2 laptops, one XP and one Vista and I've got the same issue on both.
I've checked the system event log and you an see the connection being 'dialed', right up to and including 'The link to the Remote Access Server has been established by user xxx', and then it waits and waits during authentication and then times out. Have checked all the setting are correct.
It works sometimes, i.e. maybe 1 in 20 tries (I'm connected right now with Exetel wireless) so it's an intermittant problem

Anyone else seen this?
I do have a support ticket but they are still going through the standard check your profile stuff with me.

thejeg

Re: Connects but doesn't authenticate

Post by thejeg » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:20 pm

Hi SimonG,
SimonG wrote:I've started to have an issue with my Exetel wireless service the last week or so - it establishes a connection with Exetel and then times out on authentication. I've got 2 laptops, one XP and one Vista and I've got the same issue on both.
I've checked the system event log and you an see the connection being 'dialed', right up to and including 'The link to the Remote Access Server has been established by user xxx', and then it waits and waits during authentication and then times out. Have checked all the setting are correct.
It works sometimes, i.e. maybe 1 in 20 tries (I'm connected right now with Exetel wireless) so it's an intermittant problem

Anyone else seen this?
I do have a support ticket but they are still going through the standard check your profile stuff with me.
Could you please PM me yoru 10 digit service number enabling me to have a closer look at your issue?

Cheers,
Tj :wink: